Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:49 PM

7 posts, read 12,600 times

Advertisements

I've never been to Orange County before. Is there anything I should know about the county and San Clemente?

What would someone my age do for fun if I live in San Clemente? I like EDM and Hip-Hop music so if there are concerts/raves anywhere in the area that'd be neat. I'm sure i'll enjoy the beach. Really just anything someone my age might be doing.

Any good places to meet potential new friends?

I'm also going to Saddleback next semester.

Really if there is anything I should know at all that'd be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kad5 View Post
I've never been to Orange County before. Is there anything I should know about the county and San Clemente?

What would someone my age do for fun if I live in San Clemente? I like EDM and Hip-Hop music so if there are concerts/raves anywhere in the area that'd be neat. I'm sure i'll enjoy the beach. Really just anything someone my age might be doing.

Any good places to meet potential new friends?

I'm also going to Saddleback next semester.

Really if there is anything I should know at all that'd be great.
You'll be moving to heaven.

Sounds like you are in good shape, heading to college, living at home? Job? Will you have money to have fun at these places? If no, no big deal, there are plenty of free things to do outdoors all year.

If you will be in school full time and not taking some softology course load, you'll be busy with homework. If you don't have to work, then you'll meet people in class.

Sounds like me in 1980 (when I was 19). Worked part time, went to school full time. Partied with my friends. Sort of studied, barely made it. Went clubbing in Hollywood. The beach, Dodger, Angel, Rams games. Camping, fishing, hiking.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
What's EDM?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
What's EDM?
EDM

Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 AM

193 posts, read 458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles View Post
bahahahahaha

Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
No Charles, it's incumbent upon the person who mentioned the unknown entity to provide me with the enlightenment I seek.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
San Celemente is a wonderful quiet beach town. There is a train station there, so you can take metrolink into LA and take the subway around LA. It beats driving. Driving is horrible and will leave you tired and pissed off all the time. Orange County is not much of a crazy rave type place, there are a few things going on, but you will probably be hanging out in Long beach and LA a lot. Being in San Clemente, you are not all that far from San Diego.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,170,994 times
There are some concert venues in San Clemente and south county, but you might have to travel slightly more north for hip-hop shows and raves. Most of my classmates from Aliso ended up going to Saddleback, which is why I ended up going to Irvine Valley. There's plenty of suburban entertainment, dining and shopping in the area, but I never found south county to be that interesting when I was a teenager or in my early 20s. It was nice, just not very exciting.

The best place to meet potential new friends will be in your classes. You can also take a look at meetup.com to see if there are any groups that interest you.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM

7 posts, read 12,600 times
Thanks guys!

I think this might be relevant to mention so I should mention that i'm also Iranian-American. I heard lots of Iranians live in Orange County. I'm also moving from Atlanta (suburbs to be specific).

Sounds like a bit of an upgrade so far.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 PM

795 posts, read 1,585,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kad5 View Post
Thanks guys!

I think this might be relevant to mention so I should mention that i'm also Iranian-American. I heard lots of Iranians live in Orange County. I'm also moving from Atlanta (suburbs to be specific).

Sounds like a bit of an upgrade so far.
Definitley an upgrade from Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County