Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,915 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Anaheim and would like to find a decent 1 bedroom apartment, nothing fancy, or too expensive (under $1200 if possible), just somewhere that is not gang/drug infested. I have found a few places, but really dont know anything about the areas.
Orange/Knott
Brookhurst/Lincoln
Cerritos/Walnut
Are there areas that I should consider/elminate right away?
So many apartments.. so little time!
Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 05:00 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Under $1200 in Anaheim isn't going to be in a very good area. Try Fullerton or Cypress.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:24 PM

100 posts, read 544,240 times
He's right... try looking further east, near the 57 (east of State College and south of Lincoln should be a good choice for you). None of those areas are very good...

Old 02-18-2008, 02:38 PM

5 posts, read 38,387 times
I've heard the areas near Disney are safer than most. They have cleaned up the 'resort' area quite a bit recently. You might try looking at apartments near there if you really want to live in Anaheim.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:45 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,868,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg620 View Post
I've heard the areas near Disney are safer than most. They have cleaned up the 'resort' area quite a bit recently. You might try looking at apartments near there if you really want to live in Anaheim.
oh really? That is not true. Check out the apartments near haster and katella. Feels like you went south of the boarder there.

1.2k/month is low income so you can't be too picky. Most people pay 50-60%+ of their income on rent anyways in CA.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:02 PM

70 posts, read 280,260 times
In Anaheim, try the areas around Angel Stadium, they are new. Forget Anaheim Hills, extremely high rent district. Nearby Garden Grove has good areas too.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:26 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,766,781 times
for a 1200 1bd you should be able to find something respectable.

orange and knott is near cypress college. that is a decent neighborhood, but lots of college kids of course. definitely affordable to you.

brookhurst and lincoln puts you near dad miller golf course, which i believe is a fine area, but im not terribly familiar with it.

cerritos and walnut butts you right up next to downtown disney, should be a fine area as disneyland has pushed hard to keep the neighboring areas relatively okay but there will be lots of traffic

Old 02-22-2008, 08:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,915 times
Thanks for all your help! I plan to actually visit Anaheim in the next couple weeks and check out the areas at different times of day/night. I just didnt have any idea where to even start the search in such a large city, and its hard to tell a neighborhood/apartment complex just by the pictures online.
We'll see how it goes.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:13 AM

879 posts, read 2,858,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
cerritos and walnut butts you right up next to downtown disney, should be a fine area as disneyland has pushed hard to keep the neighboring areas relatively okay but there will be lots of traffic
Directly to the East is fairly nice (next to the hotels). Just be aware of the fireworks situation. I live 15 minutes away and can hear them. Obviously being adjacent to the park will be very loud although Disney apparently uses less loud shells. They run nightly during summer, spring break, and holidays. Weekends the rest of the time (generally Fri-Sat-Sun).

The Resort District itself is clean and nice. But it is all commercial and has little affect on nearby residential areas since the jobs mostly pay low. Most directly adjacent areas are lower income.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:26 PM

493 posts, read 637,323 times
is anaheim really that bad, the crime rate is below the national average, not like Orange or Irvine, but is still isn't supposed to be dangerous on paper anyway...I mean, would disneyland be there if it was dangerous and could fullerton have cheaper apartments in the good part of town because the median home price seems to be higher in fullerton than anaheim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County