Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:55 PM

619 posts, read 2,168,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80's old school View Post
San Clemente, San Clemente, San Clemente, SC,SC, San Clemente, did I say San Clemente?? I found it to be the best town I have EVER lived in and can't wait to get back!
i agree...did you actually leave sc and nove tou houston?.....I almost did that...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 07:39 AM

52 posts, read 176,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo2900 View Post
i agree...did you actually leave sc and nove tou houston?.....I almost did that...lol
Yes... when the market dried up in OC (I was in the housing industry) I was offered a job back in Texas. Reluctantly we moved to Texas. We have a good life in Texas, we just miss OC.....especially SC.

My wife is studying Chemical Engineering and should graduate in a couple of years. We are hoping she would be able to get a job in the South Bay area working for one of the many refineries there. My background is working in the Chemical industry and I would hope to be able to work at one of the refineries also. We would the commute from the South Bay area to South OC.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 AM

198 posts, read 931,304 times
It doesn't take an hour very often to get to the beach from Yorba Linda unless your trying to get there at rush hour (why would you do that?)... but it's not exceptionally close, no. It's generally about 30min from the uppermost Yorba Linda/Brea border to Newpot Pier (about 26mi) in Newport Beach, or 40 minutes to Huntington Beach Pier (about 30mi).

Even from Westminster--only 8.5 mi to Huntington Beach pier, it takes about 20 minutes because you have to take all surface streets to get there.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Roosmoor/Los Al areas... great schools, nice neighborhoods great proximity to both LA County/OC. ^_^

Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 PM

81 posts, read 367,378 times
La Mirada, Roosmoor! Ladera Ranch! Coto de Caza, Portala Hills, Trabuco Cnyn, San Clemente!

Old 06-05-2009, 02:15 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times
Default Anything south of Irvine!!!

I agree with JMadison.. With that kind of money he/she has directed you to the right locations. Dana Point is very nice.. You will have to deal with that darned freeway traffic though.. unless there is a backroad somewhere? Maybe another poster can help you with that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Dana Point, Mission Viejo, Aliso Viejo, Rancho Santa Margaurita, San Clemente, Irvine

Old 06-05-2009, 02:17 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times
Personally I wouldn't choose Yorba Linda or Huntington Beach. I know lots of people that live there and they say it is getting bad.. Stay south of Irvine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLresident View Post
It doesn't take an hour very often to get to the beach from Yorba Linda unless your trying to get there at rush hour (why would you do that?)... but it's not exceptionally close, no. It's generally about 30min from the uppermost Yorba Linda/Brea border to Newpot Pier (about 26mi) in Newport Beach, or 40 minutes to Huntington Beach Pier (about 30mi).

Even from Westminster--only 8.5 mi to Huntington Beach pier, it takes about 20 minutes because you have to take all surface streets to get there.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Roosmoor/Los Al areas... great schools, nice neighborhoods great proximity to both LA County/OC. ^_^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County