Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 05:16 PM

15 posts, read 90,271 times

Advertisements

I took these photo's a few weeks ago. I simply love the Oregon coast when it's like this.

I hope you enjoy them.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Oregon Coast Pictures I took Awhile Ago. Very Very Nice-100_1418.jpg   Oregon Coast Pictures I took Awhile Ago. Very Very Nice-100_1415.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,443,694 times
I was at the coast this weekend too, although not for the coast itself.

The B-17 Bomber, Sentimental Journey stopped at the Tillamook Air Musuem. It's one of ten remaining bombers that are still air worthy, out of 13,000 total built.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:20 PM

Default Nice pictures

Very nice pictures.

thanks.

Mike

Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 AM

378 posts, read 1,570,817 times
Thanks for posting the pictures! I can never get enough of looking at them and I live on the coast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmikezd View Post
I took these photo's a few weeks ago. I simply love the Oregon coast when it's like this.

I hope you enjoy them.

Mike

Old 08-13-2009, 11:30 AM

I was born on the coast a long long long time ago. I love it there. I live in Salem now and have been here since I moved back many years ago.

My birthday is the 17th and I plan on going to the coast for a birthday trip. Since I have no wife or even a girl friend I guess it will be a trip by myself like always.

But a trip to the coast is always good even if it is by yourself. Your lucky you get to see the ocean anytime you would like to.

Thanks for the e-mail.

Mike

Old 08-13-2009, 11:35 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,679,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
I was at the coast this weekend too, although not for the coast itself.

The B-17 Bomber, Sentimental Journey stopped at the Tillamook Air Musuem. It's one of ten remaining bombers that are still air worthy, out of 13,000 total built.
Can you imagine putting yourself in that turret?
They were the greatest generation.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 AM

I won't be at the coast until next weekend. My birthday is on the 17th so i'll have to go to the coast this weekend because my birthday is on a Monday.

I always go to that place where you can drive down on the beach. Then I usually walk in 1 direction for a couple of miles. I really don't care what the weather is like when I go for that walk.

Mike

Old 08-13-2009, 03:17 PM

378 posts, read 1,570,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmikezd View Post
I won't be at the coast until next weekend. My birthday is on the 17th so i'll have to go to the coast this weekend because my birthday is on a Monday.

I always go to that place where you can drive down on the beach. Then I usually walk in 1 direction for a couple of miles. I really don't care what the weather is like when I go for that walk.

Mike
Happy almost birthday! I hope you have a wonderful time on the coast. Enjoy your walk too. I know what you mean....it doesn't matter what the weather...there is just something about the sound of the surf that can soothe one's soul.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:12 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,443,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Can you imagine putting yourself in that turret?
They were the greatest generation.
No, I simply can not imagine it. Those guys (and the gals who supported them) are what America is supposed to be about in my opinion.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:14 PM

In the winter when I hear there is a big storm coming I sometimes run over the depot bay accross from the sea hag place is a good place to see the waves come over the roads there.

I think there is othing like that. I usually spend the night right there in my camper. Sometime I even go to that place I can drive down on the beach and camp there. I did that one time and we had over 70 MPH winds.

That was a VERY Interesting night I'll tell you what. It got the hairs on the back of my neck up a little. It ended up being a very good night to be there. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for writing.

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon