Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 12:26 PM

73 posts, read 157,427 times

Advertisements

Please help with with some info on questions. It's really hard to find out some of this from out of state.
  1. What is the correct spelling of Windermere/Windemere? I see it both ways and don't know which way to search.
  2. Cagan Crossings and Country Garden complexes appear to be good and the location is near WDW where I'll be working. What about public transportation. Will it really take 1 1/2 hours one-way to the WDW stop? Is the public transportation safe on that route?
  3. Buena Vista Place is supposed to be directly across the street from CM parking lot. Is it safe? (I know you can hear the fireworks but that's fine with me.)
  4. Any campgrounds in these areas? We may just bring down the camper for several months but still need as close to WDW as possible.

Last edited by DisneyCamper; 03-26-2011 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: tried to correct title spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 12:35 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCamper View Post
Please help with with some info on questions. It's really hard to find out some of this from out of state.
  1. What is the correct spelling of Windermere/Windemere? I see it both ways and don't know which way to search.
Windermere

Old 03-26-2011, 01:40 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCamper View Post
Windermere

Quote:
Cagan Crossings and Country Garden complexes appear to be good and the location is near WDW where I'll be working. What about public transportation. Will it really take 1 1/2 hours one-way to the WDW stop? Is the public transportation safe on that route?
Cagan's Crossing is in a good but congested part of unincorporated Lake County with a Clermont mailing address. I would plan on a full hour or more from there to your WDW work location. How long really depends on your hours and work location. It's probably at least 1 1/2 hours from Country Gardens, which is in a pretty yucky part of Winter Garden and looks very run down. I wouldn't choose to live there.

Quote:
Buena Vista Place is supposed to be directly across the street from CM parking lot. Is it safe? (I know you can hear the fireworks but that's fine with me.)
Yes, it's safe. Of course you need to use common sense anywhere you choose to live.

Quote:
Any campgrounds in these areas? We may just bring down the camper for several months but still need as close to WDW as possible.
There are several near both Cagan's Crossings and Country Gardens. The one closest to Country Gardens is a real armpit, on Route 50 on the southbound side. Lot's of carny's winter over there. There is another on the north side of Route 50 in Winter Garden that looks a bit better. There is also one very near Cagan's Crossings that looks OK, and another right off 192 (on the north side) about a mile or so from where it meets 27 that looks decent.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:46 AM

73 posts, read 157,427 times
Thanks for the responses and help. What about public transportation? I may not have immediate personal transport. Is it available/safe? Any ideas for complexes as near to WDW as possible in the Windermere, Clermont, Winter Garden areas?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 AM

I wouldn't live in Winter Garden or Windermere and plan on using public transit to Disney. There is a bus that runs from the Wal Mart near Cagan's Crossing (walking distance) directly to WDW on a fairly regular basis, it might require a transfer depending on exactly you'd be working. If you are working a very early or late shift, the bus won't work for you. www.golynx.com

Keep in mind that WDW is 47 square miles, so working at the MK and workign at Animal Kingdom are like the other dies of the earth from each other.

The closest complex to the ANimal Kingdom is probably Cagan's Crossing. To the Magic Kingdom it's the ones just behind the cast lot on Reams(?) road.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:08 AM

20 posts, read 73,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
[/list]Windermere

Cagan's Crossing is in a good but congested part of unincorporated Lake County with a Clermont mailing address. I would plan on a full hour or more from there to your WDW work location. How long really depends on your hours and work location. It's probably at least 1 1/2 hours from Country Gardens, which is in a pretty yucky part of Winter Garden and looks very run down. I wouldn't choose to live there.

Yes, it's safe. Of course you need to use common sense anywhere you choose to live.

There are several near both Cagan's Crossings and Country Gardens. The one closest to Country Gardens is a real armpit, on Route 50 on the southbound side. Lot's of carny's winter over there. There is another on the north side of Route 50 in Winter Garden that looks a bit better. There is also one very near Cagan's Crossings that looks OK, and another right off 192 (on the north side) about a mile or so from where it meets 27 that looks decent.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

It's an hour from Cagan Crossings to WDW? Even though it is under 20 miles away?!?! I might have to keep looking then.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLover215 View Post
It's an hour from Cagan Crossings to WDW? Even though it is under 20 miles away?!?! I might have to keep looking then.
By bus you'd have to take a local to WDW, then transfer to an internal WDW cast bus to get to your work location. I imagine that yes, you'd need to plan on it taking an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando