Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:39 PM

8 posts, read 233,054 times

Advertisements

Hi! Does anyone know if these are good apartments? They are located across the street from the WDW employee parking. Just wondering if these were nice.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 02:54 PM

41 posts, read 206,813 times
i know where there at right behind disney parking lot .i would advise you to rent a townhome up the road i feel it a better move and now the rent our just as cheap .drive up the road a mile or two good luck but i say went a townhome or try the conds on 535 and reams road

Old 01-05-2007, 10:10 PM

Hi missy sissy! Thanks for the input. Is there any particular resaon why you wouldn't move there? I have no clue as to what they look like or how they are because I live in Mississippi right now. Have you heard bad things about this place?

Thanks!

Old 01-06-2007, 05:35 AM

41 posts, read 206,813 times
Default hi

i lived in an apt when i sold my home. i feel it's much better to live in an townhouse or rent a small house. right now with so many t/homes and houses on the market you can get a great deal renting .i would never rent an apt again . thats just my thoughts but i will say your looking in the right area stay along the reams rd and 535 rds. if you need more info e-mail me .dund43@aol.com

Old 01-06-2007, 01:51 PM

missy sissy....Thanks so much!

Old 09-17-2008, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 21,463 times
Thumbs down Not worth it!

I have been living here for a year now and I can tell you that it is not worth living here. Yes the rent is cheap but you make up for it on gas. It takes at least 15 min to get anywhere. Also, you would think that being out in the middle of nowhere that it would be nice and quiet. NO!! Every night there are fireworks going off from Disney and you never know at what time. They go off anywhere between 9pm to midnight. There are always kids wondering the street at night and the playground needs serious replacing. It is horrible. I wont let my kids play there. Like I said it is not worth it unless you work for the Rat. Then you could just walk right across the street to work and back to go home. WHAT KIND OF LIFE IS THAT'!' I cant wait to get back to civilization.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:04 AM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times
Hi there, well i specialize in the area and if its the aparments i am thinking of then firstly they are income restricted and secondly when i tried to get a client of mine into one they said they had a minimum 2 year waiting list and that was only 4 months ago. What are your requirements and where do you need to be close to because there are good deals in the neighbourhood to be had.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:41 AM

2 posts, read 13,754 times
I loved living there. I lived there for most of 2006 into 2007 and really enjoyed it. It's probably not a good place for kids, but I don't think any apartment really is. You do have to understand that you are literally right across from the magic kingdom, so yes, there are fireworks every night, but that was a selling point for me. You can hear and see them from a lot of the well to do neighborhoods in Windermere. I never had any maintenance problems or noise complaints. I worked for Disney so it was very convenient for me and things aren't that far away. You have a publix in Summerport right down the street. They are rent controlled so you have to make under a certain amount to live there, but if you work in the Disney Parks that shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and to answer Cseo123's ill-punctuated question; being able to walk across the street to one of the greatest jobs in the world is a pretty fabulous life. Perhaps even a little better than raising kids while making little enough to qualify for a rent controlled apartment.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:47 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseo123 View Post
I have been living here for a year now and I can tell you that it is not worth living here. Yes the rent is cheap but you make up for it on gas. It takes at least 15 min to get anywhere. Also, you would think that being out in the middle of nowhere that it would be nice and quiet. NO!! Every night there are fireworks going off from Disney and you never know at what time. They go off anywhere between 9pm to midnight. There are always kids wondering the street at night and the playground needs serious replacing. It is horrible. I wont let my kids play there. Like I said it is not worth it unless you work for the Rat. Then you could just walk right across the street to work and back to go home. WHAT KIND OF LIFE IS THAT'!' I cant wait to get back to civilization.
Thats why you don't move near Disney. That area is filled with thousands of annoying tourists and a lot of commotion because of Disney (one of the top vacation destinations in the world). The city of Orlando has a lot of nice neighborhoods and suburbs that are still close enough to visit Disney anytime you want without living in the middle of it.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 11,503 times
I looked at those, but I had too much income at the time. They are income restricted. They are very nice, extremely well-kept and a great deal for the money. They are not in the middle of anything! They are in a very pretty wooded area across from the Disney employee parking lot. There are cars coming and going, but it isn't bad at all. It is a beautiful area. And there is a beautiful shopping area in Summerport (Publix) and a huge shopping area not to far away in Winter Garden where you can find anything you could possibly want in addition to restaurants. Lovely! My daughter lived in a townhome right by the apts. and the fireworks are kind of loud every night, but you get so you don't hear them at all. Disney is a happy place! I love living at Disney World!

Last edited by floridagirl47; 06-14-2010 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Add info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando