Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 PM

288 posts, read 734,085 times

Advertisements

That's cool, I can go along with that.. I grew up in the military so home is where I hang my hat so to speak. I'm still looking for "home". Good luck to you and I hope you'll come back for a visit sometime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 08:04 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
ngrome,

I hope your move goes smoothly and you find the place that makes you happy and content!

Old 04-12-2011, 05:56 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainRockStar View Post
Hey ngrome, the 'slamming' you have received here from the friendly Floridians speaks volumes about why people who are not born and raised there should not move there. Only those who are used to the low Florida standards are 'strong' enough to survive. I know people who have gone to Florida from 3rd world countries and moved up North or out West. They came from meager conditions and were horrified with the overall ignorance of Florida's inhabitants among other things. So it's really not you, it's the state of Florida. I have seen happy go lucky people 'turn' in a matter of months after living in Florida. It truly is America's armpit.
Those who attack you are angry because they don't have anywhere to flee, and many of them , have never been past the Florida border, so they don't know any better. You are lucky to be able to 'go back home'. Best of luck!

Good, hopefully they will continue to leave FL.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:49 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
^Com Sense: As of this post, the person you quoted has a whopping 8 posts and all of them are highly critical of Florida. I never like to point fingers but I think it's obvious what we have on our hands here.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:06 AM

812 posts, read 1,675,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainRockStar View Post
Hey ngrome, the 'slamming' you have received here from the friendly Floridians speaks volumes about why people who are not born and raised there should not move there. Only those who are used to the low Florida standards are 'strong' enough to survive. I know people who have gone to Florida from 3rd world countries and moved up North or out West. They came from meager conditions and were horrified with the overall ignorance of Florida's inhabitants among other things. So it's really not you, it's the state of Florida. I have seen happy go lucky people 'turn' in a matter of months after living in Florida. It truly is America's armpit.
Those who attack you are angry because they don't have anywhere to flee, and many of them , have never been past the Florida border, so they don't know any better. You are lucky to be able to 'go back home'. Best of luck!
And you have lived in what other states?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:37 AM

258 posts, read 812,171 times
Good luck in your move to paradise. I hope when you move, you spend a considerable amount of time on your new forum telling people how wonderful it is.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:24 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTLPN View Post
At least I am strong enough to live here and survive/stay.
Wow. You are posting under another account, I see. And slamming people for moving away when you, yourself, had to move away. You've been back since what? February? And you are already complaining that you can't find a job.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:34 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
^Com Sense: As of this post, the person you quoted has a whopping 8 posts and all of them are highly critical of Florida. I never like to point fingers but I think it's obvious what we have on our hands here.
hmm what? a Born Again Rock Star? or a ttttt...

Old 04-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Good, hopefully they will continue to leave FL.
commie, how come you don't post in the Miami board no more? We need some open minded souls open to different cultures like you, my friend.

hope you come down to Miami, I would love to meet you at Sedanos and have some cafecito with croquetas while we discuss the Cuban embargo.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Ok, I haven't been here in a while, but when I joined this forum to get info, deal, and cope with living in CFL, specifically Orlando, I indicated about three years ago that I would be moving out of here after 13 years of residency because of what Orlando has turned into. Well, it's not also because of what it's turned into, but in retrospect, it's never been my home. Now, I am down to my last year and this year is going by faster than I expected. My tone in this forum has changed from slamming Orlando and discouraging everyone to move here, to basically please find out for yourself, as my opinion is just that, my opinion. So no arguments here, just expressing my joy about leaving this place the same way people are expressing how happy they are to be moving to it. I hope everyone who decides to move down here that Orlando, FL that it turns out to be what they had hoped it to be, it just wasn't for me. I'll check in every now and then, as I dutifully count the days til my moving day sometime early 2012 (or sooner).
ngrome where you going? Where are you from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando