Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 02:03 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Fox News and MSNBC are both barely watchable to anyone in the middle.
I agree completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 09:55 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Typical Conservative response... I mainly utilize NPR and the Christian Science Monitor.
Ftr, I use NPR and CNN. I find both to be reasonably moderate

Old 10-05-2013, 07:44 AM

53 posts, read 120,561 times
Quote:
Typical Conservative response... I mainly utilize NPR and the Christian Science Monitor.
Christian Science Monitor and you are a liberal, who believes in killing babies. A president who wants us to pay for abortion pills for kids as young as 12, who gives millions of our tax dollars to Planned parenthood, the executioners. and even says "God bless them" ! Shows his mentality. Talk about immoral and evil.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:18 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytrails6 View Post
Christian Science Monitor and you are a liberal, who believes in killing babies. A president who wants us to pay for abortion pills for kids as young as 12, who gives millions of our tax dollars to Planned parenthood, the executioners. and even says "God bless them" ! Shows his mentality. Talk about immoral and evil.
Bill Clinton has the best position on abortion. It should be "safe, legal and RARE" Thanks to education and birth control availability, teen births are actually at a low in this country

Old 10-05-2013, 08:32 AM

53 posts, read 120,561 times
[quote=chopchop0;31684863]Bill Clinton has the best position on abortion. It should be "safe, legal and RARE" Thanks to education and birth control availability, teen births are actually at a low in this country[/quo

Sorry Bill Clinton is not God. God said he knew us before we were born. Life begins at conception.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Ftr, I use NPR and CNN. I find both to be reasonably moderate
I agree, CNN is a pretty good source as well.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Bill Clinton has the best position on abortion. It should be "safe, legal and RARE" Thanks to education and birth control availability, teen births are actually at a low in this country
Again I agree. In cases of rape, underage mothers and where medically suggested (birth defects, etc) it's certainly a consideration. Some would also argue in the instance where it's not economically feasible, especially given the right-wing issue with government funding for those unable to support themselves/their children. It's one or the other in the grand scheme of things, so would be curious to hear which one is most near and dear to the "conservative's "heart".

Old 10-05-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I'll take that "immoral and evil" over your political party's desire to defund Medicare, Medicaid and Food Stamps in order to punish the vast majority in need of support because of the small percentage who abuse the system. Thankfully as is well documented, Karma is a ***** and it's only a matter of time for those who express such hatred/lack of compassion for the less fortunate.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:56 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
I'll take that "immoral and evil" over your political party's desire to defund Medicare, Medicaid and Food Stamps in order to punish the vast majority in need of support because of the small percentage who abuse the system. Thankfully as is well documented, Karma is a ***** and it's only a matter of time for those who express such hatred/lack of compassion for the less fortunate.
Having been one of the less fortunate growing up, and inspite of my politcal views I do have empathy and compassionate for those less well off.

One thing to remember about most Republicans Kyle is that we dont lack compassion for those less fortunate. We lack compassion for those who are lazy and continuously play the victim card (a big huge chunk of Obama's voters fwiw)

The problem with entitlement programs is they have become so generous that in some cases it actually pays MORE to take all these handouts rather than work. My home state of Connecticut, a firmly Democratic state, a person can receive over $38,000 a year in entitlements. Meaning in order to be "better off" you'd have to earn at least $21.33 an hour to earn more than what Connecticut gives its "poor"

Only two states and D.C. provided more generous welfare benefits than Connecticut - Hartford Courant

Its no wonder Connecticut and other Democratic states have such huge budget and financial problems, California being the worst offender, having billions in debt they'll never be able to pay back

Back to my point, Connecticut's welfare entitlements are so generous, why would you want to work? So yes we want to cut entitlement programs (though I disagree with cutting medicaid as well as medicare) as an incentive to get lazy folks off their asses and into jobs

And remember, a lot of people's situations are self caused (though not always, ie, getting laid off) The teen pregnancy rate and the number of single, underemployed moms in this city is outrageous. A majority of single women under the age of 25 have at least 1 or two children by now, usually by different men. And since they're underemployed of course they're going to be doomed to a life of low wages, poverty, etc Unless they want to truly make a better life for themselves as well as their children.

So yeah, if you screw up and have two kids by the age of 25, either by different guys, or if you're a deadbeat dad, you're dooming yourself to poverty, frustration that will lead to aggressiveness. Make better decisions next time!

Old 10-05-2013, 03:10 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:

The sheep on that side always need someone to follow even if they are idiots like the current dunce in the WH. He is a total fake yet these baby killing, gay loving, illegal loving anti Americans seem to never get it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando