Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 11:53 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
They already are. Take a ride down Semoran below 50, or through Kissimmee.
Seriously what is your problem with Puerto Ricans ???

Old 07-22-2015, 12:01 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
Quote:
Out on the road today, I saw a "It's Better in Puerto Rico" sticker on a minivan.

My response: If it's better there, why'd you leave?
UNBELIEVABLE! Because you just wrote this a few days ago on another thread:

Originally Posted by Joey Falcon
"My girlfriend and I spent a couple of days in Puerto Rico. We couldn't believe how good it was there. We loved Old san juan. Now we are even considering moving there."

Then, all of a sudden after reading a couple of posts trashing PR you've changed your tune. WOW.

You have NO credibility. Laughable. YOU obviously thought it was 'better there' also.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:06 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Seriously what is your problem with Puerto Ricans ???
Good question because this is what he wrote a few days ago:

Originally Posted by Joey Falcon
"My girlfriend and I spent a couple of days in Puerto Rico. We couldn't believe how good it was there. We loved Old san juan. Now we are even considering moving there."

Can you believe it? Actually, I noticed on that thread ^that he was all 'gung ho to go' and apparently after reading a few PR bashing posts by others (the usual suspects) decided to join them?? WTF? He has NO credibility and offers NOTHING! Pathetic.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:25 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Again- Fl is a tropical state looks a lot like the islands so those who come here from other islands can assimilate easier, love the weather- food- ambiance, etc. and those complaining probably from the north and Midwest so adios to you - lets us keep our tropical paradise -

Old 07-22-2015, 01:44 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Again- Fl is a tropical state looks a lot like the islands so those who come here from other islands can assimilate easier, love the weather- food- ambiance, etc. and those complaining probably from the north and Midwest so adios to you - lets us keep our tropical paradise -
I understand his general concerns with them finding employment but lots of these new transplants since technically are they are US citizens can start their own businesses where knowing English would be stumbling block to employment. I actually strongly thought about about how these newcomers can be successful in Orlando.

*Create Puerto Rican Oriented Town Center that caters to the community
*It would be collaborative effort among various cities and towns in CFL
*Businesses such as Restaurants, Banks, Retail Shops, Grocery Shops, and Companies could employ them
*Offer College Courses
*It would create millions of dollars of revenue for the local area but also be the epicenter of Puerto Rican Culture.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:54 PM

27,188 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
What about those of us who live here? Do we have any say or is Orland area just a lab for the experiment of creating a new Puerto Rico?
What's the issue versus transplants from NY moving here in search of a "new NY"? Is is because they're brown-skinned Hispanics? Also as an FYI, Puerto Ricans are fellow tax-paying US citizens, so it's really none of your business as to why/where many of them choose to relocate. Don't like it? Move.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:02 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,336,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
What's the issue versus transplants from NY moving here in search of a "new NY"? Is is because they're brown-skinned Hispanics? Also as an FYI, Puerto Ricans are fellow tax-paying US citizens, so it's really none of your business as to why/where many of them choose to relocate. Don't like it? Move.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:09 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,396,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Well, NYers don't fly the NY flag and have special parades for NY pride. And I don't see many of the NY people you speak of, unless you mean the Nuyoricans.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:41 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
I understand his general concerns with them finding employment but lots of these new transplants since technically are they are US citizens can start their own businesses where knowing English would be stumbling block to employment. I actually strongly thought about about how these newcomers can be successful in Orlando.

*Create Puerto Rican Oriented Town Center that caters to the community
*It would be collaborative effort among various cities and towns in CFL
*Businesses such as Restaurants, Banks, Retail Shops, Grocery Shops, and Companies could employ them
*Offer College Courses
*It would create millions of dollars of revenue for the local area but also be the epicenter of Puerto Rican Culture.
already in place:

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/pr-orlando.htm

Old 07-22-2015, 04:09 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,747,309 times
Florida Atlantic University poll: Florida Hispanics better off financially, expect conditions to continue to improve - Orlando Business Journal

Focusing on the positive things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando