Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 08:45 AM

89 posts, read 81,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Oh for ****s sake, it’s not zoning. It’s property ownership. Disney is not going to sell it’s land to anyone. It rents it out. You are so clueless. It has nothing to do with theme. If Marshall’s wanted to rent out a 5,000 sqft space there that was vacant for rent, it could, at the right price. And more than likely Disney would allow it.
Um no.
Downtown celebration would never permit a marshalls.

Google doesn't make you smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerHarry View Post
Me too. Ya never know where BMW might be lurking.
He seems pretty creepy to me.
Knock on wood you jinxed some poor girl over there.
You know he hides in the bushes to peep through windows and stuff.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:26 AM

536 posts, read 852,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Rose View Post
He seems pretty creepy to me.
Knock on wood you jinxed some poor girl over there.
You know he hides in the bushes to peep through windows and stuff.
You fail to recognize satire, Madam. Mr BMW is one of the more reputable posters here.

This thread started out as commentary on the Nextdoor App.

My previous satirical comments were alluding to the premise that both Nextdoor, as well as C-D, often degenerate to the basest instincts of posters who don't realize how badly they put their foot in their mouth.

But this is modern day America, where everyone is free to expose their ignorance or prejudice for all to see.

By all means, carry on.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Oh for ****s sake, it’s not zoning. It’s property ownership. Disney is not going to sell it’s land to anyone. It rents it out. You are so clueless. It has nothing to do with theme. If Marshall’s wanted to rent out a 5,000 sqft space there that was vacant for rent, it could, at the right price. And more than likely Disney would allow it.
Actually you are so clueless.
And it has everything to do with theme.

It's not just the people that live in Celebration that visit their downtown area. People from all over central Florida visit Celebration's downtown area to go out to eat and to shop at their boutiques. As well as many tourists.
And the reason they go there is because it's a charming 1950s themed town.
If they put marshalls and crap like that there then it would be just like every other place around here and no one would bother going there.
Marshalls can offer to pay the highest rent in the world and they still wouldn't allow it because it would disrupt the theme of the place and have a negative impact on their downtown area.
It would be an extremely bad business decision.
The people running the place are actually smart.
They don't need to google to pretend to be.

So no. They would never allow a marshalls because it would disrupt the theme and if there is no theme there is no reason for outsiders to go there and spend their money there.
D*mn you are are hella clueless.

Last edited by Summer Rose; 06-23-2018 at 10:01 AM..

Old 06-23-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
You fail to recognize satire, Madam. Mr BMW is one of the more reputable posters here.

This thread started out as commentary on the Nextdoor App.

My previous satirical comments were alluding to the premise that both Nextdoor, as well as C-D, often degenerate to the basest instincts of posters who don't realize how badly they put their foot in their mouth.

But this is modern day America, where everyone is free to expose their ignorance or prejudice for all to see.

By all means, carry on.
I don't consider him to be reputable. He's a poser. Not reputable in my opinion. He puts his two cents in everywhere all over this site even when he has no actual knowledge, insight, life experiences, etc. to back up the crap he says etc.
He's just a poser. And posers are full of it.
Sorry I'm smart enough to see the difference.
And he seems super creepy to me.

As far as that app goes, it's worthless.
If you can't convince me that it isn't then don't bother trying to sell it to me.

How did I put my foot in my mouth?
My opinion is that the app is stupid and that areas infested with strip malls and franchises are crappy.
Because that's the truth.
I stand by what I say.
And it's okay if you don't agree. We clearly come from different backgrounds so that is normal.

And I find it hysterical that a person that made a racist comment about some of the residents of Kissimmee is telling me that I put my foot in my mouth. That's so funny.
Would you say that to their faces?
Nope.
Creepy coward.
But I have no problem saying anything that I say to anyone's face so you my dear are the one with your foot in your mouth. And yes you did expose your prejudice with your Kissimmee comment.
My goodness how come there is not one smart person here? Lol!

Have a nice day!

Old 06-23-2018, 09:58 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Rose View Post
Um no.
Downtown celebration would never permit a marshalls.

Google doesn't make you smart.
They would, if the property owner decided to rent out to Marshall’s, and if Marshall’s were willing to operate in a space much smaller than they traditionally do. This is why there is a very small Publix downtown Orlando under a residential tower. Same concept.

Google? Nah. I just so happen to work directly in line with permitting and zoning.

Carry on snowflake.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
They would, if the property owner decided to rent out to Marshall’s, and if Marshall’s were willing to operate in a space much smaller than they traditionally do. This is why there is a very small Publix downtown Orlando under a residential tower. Same concept.

Google? Nah. I just so happen to work directly in line with permitting and zoning.

Carry on snowflake.
Yes. The publix downtown on the first floor of that apartment building.
How does a publix disrupt the theme of that area? How does it cause a negative impact on the other businesses in that area? It doesn't so why wouldn't there be a publix there?
Are you mentally challenged? You have no point and are too dumb to get it.
They won't let a marshalls of any size in downtown celebration because tourists and outsiders are not going to go there to shop at tiny marshalls, average sized marshalls, or any size marshalls.
Idiot.
Tourists and outsiders go there because there is no marshalls etc. That's what makes it unique. Why don't you get this? Are you born and raised white trash?
People can go to marshalls and crap like that any where.
Put stuff like that there and it loses its charm and appeal.
If a property owner decided to rent to marshalls the towns people would take him or her out to the gazebo and hang him/ her so that would never happen.
They will never let a marshalls in celebration.

Right, you didn't google his job title. I totally believe you. Lol
Poser.

Last edited by Summer Rose; 06-23-2018 at 10:44 AM..

Old 06-23-2018, 10:49 AM

Putting a Marshalls in Celebration. Sounds classy.
D*mn I can't even imagine what trash you come from for your mind to even work that way.
Lol!

Old 06-23-2018, 10:50 AM

330 posts, read 249,295 times
Quote:
Well, "Bimmer" is okay but he seems never to have left Doctor Phillips. Except to go to the airport to fly off to Ibiza, London, or hit the slope in Aspen. So he live in bubble.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:03 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,419,564 times
Aah, the musings of the mean girls of The Nouveau Riche, or those who pretend to be.

Arcenal is “white trash” like I’m Queen Elizabeth.

But well let him elaborate if he so chooses.

Jeeeesshhhhh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando