Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:03 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times

Advertisements

It's 85 today. Shorts and a teeshirt and flip flops. As usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 11:17 AM

157 posts, read 487,766 times
I get a kick out of the tourists that visit in January and February. It was 39 to 40 degrees early in the morning. At the Yankee Clipper hotel about 11:30 A.M. I saw tourists swimming in the ocean and enjoying it. There were able to just lounge around in the water looking comfortable. When they were out of the water they did even towel off. The ocean breeze did not chill them. I figured they must have been Eskimo tourists. Not really. I think they were Canadians.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:06 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamaddict View Post
Do Floridians wear typical winter clothes in "cold" months? I am from Michigan and anything over 50 degrees is warm to me. Will I look like a wierdo with my shorts on in the winter time here?
Im origianally from Connecticut and I have adapted to Florida's weather too much. Many Floridians where winter clothes but only on certain days when they're required (temperatures going below 60 sounds about right) We dont go all out with parkas winter boots, and mittens though thats a little extreme unless theres a rare occasion where it gets REALLY cold (below 35, it happens but not often)

Even tourists can be caught off guard by Florida's unusual cold weather. But you can usually tell tourists apart from locals on a cool 55-60 degree day. Locals will most likely be wearing a jacket or coat, with thick blue jeans, girls may where those boots with the fur and maybe a ski cap with a fur lined coat. Tourists may wear long jeans, but familes usually have matching Mickey mouse hats, a camera with a ridiculous gigantic lens, and if they are caucasian they will be very pale, the dad will also be wearing a hawaiian shirt, a straw hat, sunglasses, cargo shorts, and brown sandals

I noticed that when my relatives came to visit back in June, how tan I was compared to them

I have a brown coat I bought from target that has wool on the inside, very comfortable in cold weather, best $20 i ever spent. That and a pair of blue jeans meet my needs when temps drop here

Anything else you'd like to know

Old 12-14-2009, 01:47 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
This winter is expected to be different this year because of El Nino. Usually during the winter its dry and cool with some COLD days, and almost always sunny. But because of el nino its going to be a wet and gloomy winter. So when it does cool down its not going to get as cold at night like below freezing like it did a lot last winter. but the daytime temperatures will be a little cooler due to the lack of sunlight.

Read this article:

Florida Climate Center - Seasonal Climate Outlook: Winter 2009

Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
looks like another cool down is on its way

Hopefully the temps stay around there for Christmas

Old 12-14-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
looks like another cool down is on its way

Hopefully the temps stay around there for Christmas

That would be awesome if it stayed those temps! To me, perfect winter weather is highs in the 60's and low in the 40's.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
That would be awesome if it stayed those temps! To me, perfect winter weather is highs in the 60's and low in the 40's.
I agree! Look at the forcast you know where.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I agree! Look at the forcast you know where.

LOL, I know. Have family in Asheville and check periodically. Earlier it was 35 (in the am) and got to like 50-something earlier. Even though it sounds really cold, for some reason, it doesnt feel as cold to me. I guess its more of a "dry" cool air. I remember one day it was 28 degrees on one of our visits. My wife's car wouldnt start. I went out in jeans and a tee shirt, and I knew it was only 28 degrees, but for some odd reason, it didnt feel that cold to me. And no wind definitely helps out a lot. It felt like what it feels like when it's in the 40's in FL.

Wow - it's still 54 degrees right now in Asheville - I just checked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: