Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:25 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFlaBound View Post
what is the current law in FL?
You get a ticket and drive off into the sunset.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
[quote=mrFlaBound;12119960]these are humorous... but i gotta say, this is pretty much driving anywhere.... I disagree. I spent 10 years in Asheville NC and I've seen more idiots hree in Orlando in one month than I ever did it 10 yrs in Asheville NC. I am completely serious.

even still.. humorous, but these kinda things happen everywhere... stupid people are all around us

although... i've never seen this one before:

B. Come to a complete stop 20 feet before the stopsign because your cell phone just rang........ you then put your car in park and begin your cell phone conversation. Dont worry about the cars lining up behind you... there's used to it... they wont even make a fuss.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:25 PM

And how about this one... this happened today... traveling on Waterford Chase Parkway where it turns into Lake Underhill in the Waterforld Lakes area...

There's construction, they are repaving the roads. Two lanes now turns into just one lane, they have a big sign with an arrow (so people know to get over because the left lane is closed and everyone needs to get in the right lane). So what do people do? About HALF of the cars in the right lane decide to get back into the left lane because it's a shorter line (of course it's shorter, it ends in like 100 feet!). So you got about, I dont know, 30 or 40 cars in front of me, and HALF of them get into the WRONG lane (the lane that's closing) on purpose so they can race to the front where the lanes merge. Do these idiots not understand that actually makes everyone have to wait even longer because now those idiots are holding up EVERYONE ELSE as they are trying to get back into the left lane???

Dont you think it would occur to all these people that if everyone obeyed the traffic signs, got into the left lane like they're supposed to, the line would move a lot faster??? But there has to be such a large portion of people (and I'm talking like half of the people did this) that have to try and race ahead to save themselves time, which in turn, ends up being a hassle for everyone who is doing the right thing. So they all rushed up, and now they all get to the front, and now they come to a complete stop because they cant go any further, and now they're being jerks and cutting back in and cutting people off at the last minute!!!

PS - One person got honked at at an intersection because when the light turned green, he didnt go that very second. It took him about 2 seconds to proceed, but of course he got honked at anyway. 2 seconds people! Give it a rest why dont you? This isnt NY, Philly or San Juan. Settle down and act normal, that's all I ask...

Old 12-21-2009, 04:43 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticfish View Post
1. The traffic light has three colored lights. Red, Green and Yellow. What do these signify?

a. If it's Red pretend it's still green and keep on driving thru.
b. If it's yellow, it's not really red or green so step on the gas.
c. If its green its okay to drive thru the intersection as quickly as possible.

2. There is a handle on the steering column labeled "turn signal". What's it for?

a. Thats what they call it?
b. I clip my roach to it.
c. I pressed it down once and it made the lights on my car flash pretty.

3. You want to walk across the street and are ten feet from a section called a crosswalk. What is the proper method to cross?

a. walk an extra ten feet? screw that I'll cross now.
b. I'll walk across those funny painted lines, but I will go slowww

4. Walking across a road can be dangerous. What precautions should you take?

a. wear extra dark clothing. FUBU clothing rocks!
b. I have the right of way. That old broad in the Cadillac will stop, no problem!
c. The laws of physics don't apply to me. A car only 40 feet away traveling at 85mph will not hit me if I walk really quick.
Now... you KNOW you are going to have to rewrite that in Spanish!!

Orlando is the only town I've ever driven in where 'Right of Way' means "Who ever gets there first".

Old 12-21-2009, 04:59 PM

429 posts, read 1,104,400 times
maybe its because i'm from NY and have seen my share of bad driving there? I dunno, i'll keep everyone updated if my opinions change...

Old 12-21-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Now... you KNOW you are going to have to rewrite that in Spanish!!

Orlando is the only town I've ever driven in where 'Right of Way' means "Who ever gets there first".

You're exactly right. In fact, when I was on Lake Underhill and saw all those people getting into the lane that was closing so they could pass everyone (story above) Moderator cut: racial slur Maybe it's a cultural thing, maybe they just dont care, I dont know. But its frustrating!

Last edited by doggiebus; 12-21-2009 at 08:46 PM..

Old 12-21-2009, 05:28 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
You're exactly right. In fact, when I was on Lake Underhill and saw all those people getting into the lane that was closing so they could pass everyone (stroy above)Moderator cut: racial slur Maybe it's a cultural thing, maybe they just dont care, I dont know. But its frustrating!
I asked a Hispanic friend of mine at work why they drove like that and she told me she just gets too agitated having to wait her turn.

Last edited by doggiebus; 12-21-2009 at 08:46 PM..

Old 12-21-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I asked a Hispanic friend of mine at work why they drove like that and she told me she just gets too agitated having to wait her turn.

^^^One of my biggest (if not the biggest) gripes about Orlando. I've tried and tried to forgive and forget, not pay too much attention, but many of my everyday frustrations are with ........ you know who.........

Old 12-21-2009, 06:51 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,626,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
And how about this one... this happened today... traveling on Waterford Chase Parkway where it turns into Lake Underhill in the Waterforld Lakes area...

There's construction, they are repaving the roads. Two lanes now turns into just one lane, they have a big sign with an arrow (so people know to get over because the left lane is closed and everyone needs to get in the right lane). So what do people do? About HALF of the cars in the right lane decide to get back into the left lane because it's a shorter line (of course it's shorter, it ends in like 100 feet!). So you got about, I dont know, 30 or 40 cars in front of me, and HALF of them get into the WRONG lane (the lane that's closing) on purpose so they can race to the front where the lanes merge. Do these idiots not understand that actually makes everyone have to wait even longer because now those idiots are holding up EVERYONE ELSE as they are trying to get back into the left lane???

Dont you think it would occur to all these people that if everyone obeyed the traffic signs, got into the left lane like they're supposed to, the line would move a lot faster??? But there has to be such a large portion of people (and I'm talking like half of the people did this) that have to try and race ahead to save themselves time, which in turn, ends up being a hassle for everyone who is doing the right thing. So they all rushed up, and now they all get to the front, and now they come to a complete stop because they cant go any further, and now they're being jerks and cutting back in and cutting people off at the last minute!!!

PS - One person got honked at at an intersection because when the light turned green, he didnt go that very second. It took him about 2 seconds to proceed, but of course he got honked at anyway. 2 seconds people! Give it a rest why dont you? This isnt NY, Philly or San Juan. Settle down and act normal, that's all I ask...

There is a very " me first" attitude throughout Florida. Lived in Oregon and was the opposite....very courteous drivers.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:54 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,626,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Probably because of all the idiots driving without licenses or insurance. Florida needs to get tough on that. Caught driving wihtout a license, you get arrested and taken to jail.

Get caught without insurance, you get arrested and taken to jail.

In either scenario your car is towed and before you can retreive it you must provide proof of a one year insurance policy, proof of a current registration, and whoever is picking it up needs to have a valid license.

If you don't pay the tow and impound fees and provide all of that after 30 days, you forfiet the car and it's sold at auction with the proceeds going to the jurisdiction that caught you commiting a crime.

That's the way it rolls in prety much every other state.
Yes it is except for Florida...that is why so many drive here with no insuance and no license.

There is no punishment here...other states you lose the car...it is amazing how quickly people get insurance in other states after they get caught.

You're 100 % right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando