Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:11 PM

181 posts, read 687,471 times

Advertisements

We have a Ryland home which we love. Before that, Beazer, which we also loved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 AM

13 posts, read 54,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M&J View Post
Thanks for all your replies. We do have a bit of weird requirements, as we need at least one bedroom/bathroom on the 1st floor (we have elderly relatives who visit). The rest can be upstairs, but we prefer a one-floor plan. We need 4 bedrooms, plus a room that can be used as an office, plus a room (usually we use the 'formal' living room) that can be used as a playroom. We did look at one Ashton Woods development, but I don't recall a Pulte one. I'll have to check our brochures (the places are all swirling in my head). I don't remember Lake Roberts Landing either. We'll take a look at those. Thanks again!
Yes, if you are in the market for a new home and in the Winter Garden/Windermere/Ocoee area, Lake Roberts would be one of the first places I would look at. Like I said earlier, it was built after the boom/bust, so you won't have to worry about homes foreclosing in your neighborhood(for the most part) and hurting your value like other neighborhoods in the area. We live next door in Bronson's Landing and it was just closed out by the builder.

There are two builders in the neighborhood with Meritage and DRHorton. Meritage homes are on the large side and can span over 5k square feet. DR Horton homes are from 2500 to 3500 square feet.

Lake Roberts Landing

Lake Roberts Landing Community - D.R.Horton - America's Builder

Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM
grant516

n/a posts
My parents live in Emerald Ridge- they can see the MK fireworks every night- quite a lovely sight.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:05 PM

15 posts, read 33,367 times
Looking in FL today for relocation areas. Drove through Winter Garden. Went to a mall and walked around. Drove out and will never drive back. Big businesses include Aaron's rent to own, pawn shops, Cashland, and thrift stores. Lake Mary is looking like the only decent place in the Orlando area. Really disappointed.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by customizerwannabe View Post
Looking in FL today for relocation areas. Drove through Winter Garden. Went to a mall and walked around. Drove out and will never drive back. Big businesses include Aaron's rent to own, pawn shops, Cashland, and thrift stores. Lake Mary is looking like the only decent place in the Orlando area. Really disappointed.
That doesn't sound like Winter Garden at all, except on Colonial Drive. In fact, after looking up where that Aaron's business is, that is on Colonial Drive in Pine Hills, which is a crime-ridden area of Orlando. What mall were you at.. West Oaks? That's one of the worst in town. There are many nice areas in southwest Orlando, such as Windermere and Dr. Phillips, and even parts of Winter Garden. The small downtown is charming.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:56 AM

Yeah. West Oaks. Which side of 50 is good? Thanks.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
You weren't even in Winter Garden, you were in Ocoee. I'm not a huge fan of most of Winter Garden, but at least I'm not on here bashing it when I wasn't even there.

The nice parts of winter Garden are off Maguire, 535, and Stoneybrook, all SOUTH of Route 50. The nice mall in Winter Garden is Winter Garden Village/Fowlers Grove.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 AM

Well excuse me. The realtor told me where Winter Garden was and I thought that ghetto was it. Either way, if Winter Garden borders that....no thanks. My 10 and 12 year olds don't need to be anywhere near that. Tattoo shops in an indoor shopping mall. Please.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,386 times
Winter Garden is a great place. They have some super nice area and some run down areas. Nothing like what the previous poster is mentioning though.

They have the nicest Flower/Garden parades I've been to. It made me proud to live in WG when we went to them. Alas, my job(s) down there couldn't keep us afloat, so we had to move.

Still, we miss Winter Garden.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:16 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by customizerwannabe View Post
Well excuse me. The realtor told me where Winter Garden was and I thought that ghetto was it. Either way, if Winter Garden borders that....no thanks. My 10 and 12 year olds don't need to be anywhere near that. Tattoo shops in an indoor shopping mall. Please.
Maybe you need to stop listening to what some realtor is telling you and look at a map. Part of Winter Garden also borders Windermere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando