Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:05 PM

570 posts, read 1,154,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
LOL, are you kidding me? There are loads upon loads of bars downtown that are bars only catering to many different crowds...here's a list: Cleo's, Stardust, Matador, Bullitt Bar, Kush, The Celt pub, Central Station Bar, Lyrica, Independent Bar, The Other Bar, Icon, One Eye'd Jacks, Element, 57 West, BackBooth, Monkey Bar, Slingapours, Finnhenry's, The Social, Sky 60, Tabu, Club Firestone, Club 23, Bliss, Antigua, Chillers, Latitudes, Rok Room, Lizzy McCormacks, Makos, Suite B, Blank Space, Limelight, Dragon Room, NV, Vintage Lounge, Voyager, Vixen, Eye Spy, Lodge, and The Globe.

There I just named over 40 bars, all downtown, that do not serve food during the daytime.
I don't see what you're trying to prove. I can name 50 in Tampa by going on google just like you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 01:18 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,057,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
I don't see what you're trying to prove. I can name 50 in Tampa by going on google just like you did.
You said that all the bars in Orlando are restaurants that turned into bars at night...which I disproved. What is unclear about that?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:20 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,346,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
I live in Pinellas County-and work in Tampa. I am visiting Orlando today. Everytime I come to Orlando-I think I made a mistake in choosing to live in the Tampa Bay area. I am not a bar person,so I put a premium on opportunities one might find while shopping, working out, working, etc. Orlando seems to have a bountiful number of single professional women just out and about.On the other hand, Tampa has a feel of grittiness-which seems to make chance encounters with dateable women less likely. I'd be interested in reading what others think.
I drove home for lunch today through Thornton park and Central downtown. The weather was nice (it's pouring now) and I almost wrecked my car 4 times staring at all the beautiful women. I don't say this just because I live here and love it, but I mean it was phenomenal today. Admittedly it was better than average today but not an exception (there are usually alot of good looking women dressed professionally downtown but today it seemed like every woman I saw was gorgeous).

Anyways I think alot of it has to do with the diversity and cleanliness of downtown Orlando. By diversity I mean economic. Downtown Orlando does not only house major banks, corporations, law firms, etc, it also has alot of smaller business...real estate agencies, hair salons, restaurants, retail stores. Because of this, I believe, you see alot more young attractive women. Not that young attractive women are not employed by the major companies but speaking in general you see alot of hot girls downtown who work as the receptionists, hair stylists, waitresses, etc. Don't get me wrong there are many attractive bankers, attorneys, accountants, realtors, etc also. My point is, with a wider variety of employers, you get a wider variety of women. Downtown is the place to be in Orlando so many young people WANT to work here. The result as many very attractive people walking around. This is not as prevalent in Tampa because the downtown there is primarily just the corporate and major firm employers. Of course this is just my experience but I have worked frequently in both downtowns. Also downtown Orlando is much pedestrian oriented, cleaner and welcoming. Tampa is not bad in any sense, but it is more of downtown where you park, head into the office building, do your business and go home. When I've visited downtown Tampa I've not felt the desire to wander out exploring and sit down and people watch. I find myself doing that often here.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:59 PM

570 posts, read 1,154,379 times
Quote:
You said that all the bars in Orlando are restaurants that turned into bars at night...which I disproved. What is unclear about that?
Well if you re-read the post you will clearly see that I meant clubs/bars/and restaurants turned into clubs n bars at night. I didn't say that all bars are restaurants that turned into bars at night, which would be impossible.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:16 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,072,805 times
Quote:
LOL, are you kidding me? There are loads upon loads of bars downtown that are bars only catering to many different crowds...here's a list: Cleo's, Stardust, Matador, Bullitt Bar, Kush, The Celt pub, Central Station Bar, Lyrica, Independent Bar, The Other Bar, Icon, One Eye'd Jacks, Element, 57 West, BackBooth, Monkey Bar, Slingapours, Finnhenry's, The Social, Sky 60, Tabu, Club Firestone, Club 23, Bliss, Antigua, Chillers, Latitudes, Rok Room, Lizzy McCormacks, Makos, Suite B, Blank Space, Limelight, Dragon Room, NV, Vintage Lounge, Voyager, Vixen, Eye Spy, Lodge, and The Globe.

There I just named over 40 bars, all downtown, that do not serve food during the daytime.
I don't have the time, but I could add another 25 to that list if you expand 10 minutes outside of that intersection of Central and Orange.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:25 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,062,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
You go to RVD?

No I go to Brian Schwab's gym, Orlando Barbell. Orlando Barbell

He's a part of EliteFTS and holds a number of championships. So are and do a few of the gym members.

Men's Health ranks it in their top 30 gyms for good reason, I love the place.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
A good number of the ones you just listed are in fact restaurants that turn into bars at night. Not to say all are but most in Orlando certainly are.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I don't have the time, but I could add another 25 to that list if you expand 10 minutes outside of that intersection of Central and Orange.
A good number of those named are outside of the intersection of Central and Orange, some aren't even in downtown.

Last edited by EndersDrift; 08-25-2010 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: read too fast and spoke to quick

Old 08-25-2010, 02:37 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,057,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
A good number of those named are outside of the intersection of Central and Orange, some aren't even in downtown.

I especially like Drunken Monkey being on the list, considering they don't sell alcohol.
Drunken Monkey was not on the list...Monkey Bar is, which is on Wall St and definitely serves alcohol.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:39 PM

995 posts, read 1,696,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post

I especially like Drunken Monkey being on the list, considering they don't sell alcohol.
I don't see Drunken Monkey on the list, I see Monkey Bar. Monkey Bar does sell alcohol, and one could argue that Drunken Monkey is still a bar, as they market themselves as a "coffee bar" and have entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando