Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like a manual or automatic Transmission in your vehicle?
Manual 29 61.70%
Automatic 18 38.30%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 549 times

Advertisements

Just joined this thing and I am glad I did. I have been driving for about 5 years now locally and wanted to give OTR a try so I did. I got on with a small company out of Clarksville, IN and they had a few trucks with the push button automatics, and the smart shift automatics and a few manuals. I by far loved my automatic b/c of many reasons. Traffic being one of them, no having to down shift up shift all time really makes the trip alot more comforting and less stressfull. The automatics out now arent the olkd fasioned ones. These are smart with the smart shift you can shift them just like a manual if you want to just make sure your rpms are right and it will let you do anything you want. Pull up on the knob to upshift and push down to down shift. And to answer that one guys question how do they do on hills, like I said there not stupid tranmissions there smart. Hill coming up hell drop you rpms down push down and its drops a gear easy as one two three, as far as using the jake brake works just like it would if you were driving a manual, better if you want my opinion. But I say automatics for sure wish more bigger companies would get emm but I think its a pride thing guys and girls feel like wussies if they drive emm but they wont be saying that 10 years down the road when their backs, legs and knees arent worth a ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics