Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:31 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,808,035 times

Advertisements

April 29, 2011:

The Supreme court today has cleared the way for those who seek medical benefit from marijuana.
Senior citizens may now be dispensed, legally prescribed marijuana without fear of recrimination from law enforcement
agencies, with the following stipulation: To qualify for the prescription, they must be a minimum of 65 years of age
and be accompanied by both grandparents.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Status: "Political posts? It concerns bombing in Gaza??" (set 2 days ago)

938 posts, read 1,237,738 times
and have airline fair to South America!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:32 AM

Default Superman's qualifications for President questioned-Fiction

CLARK KENT FOR PRESIDENT -- MAYBE!!! Today questions arose as to Clark Kent's qualifications for President. Clark a resident of Smallville was nominated by the "Patriot Party" as a candidate for President. Long known for his literacy skills as a reporter for the "Daily Planet" he had gained formidable prominence over the years after a disclosure by his ex-lover Lois Lane that he indeed was Superman. His achievements are stellar and his integrity unquestionable. Issues have arisen now that he is not natural born and obviously does not qualify as President. His National support is reported Strong and it is likely this may result in a review of the qualifications to be President. An interview with the man on the street brought this comment: "If he's honest, wishes to do a good job, intelligent, and loyal to our citizens I don't care if he's from the Planet Krypton". Adding where were men like: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe born anyway. As a student and up to today I never cared to find out they were entrusted with their office by the citizenry and I guess they didn't care either."

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 05-01-2011 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 05-01-2011, 11:15 AM

Default Future Readers Digest - Laughter Best Medicine - "God Listens"

Sharing a personal experience. My friend and I neither too deeply religious rooted were discussing how you seem to call upon God when things are tough. He reflected that one time he was talking to God. "God thank you for all you have given me. Thank you for that job opportunity. My opportunity to quit smoking. The ability to have spent quality time with my family. The encouragement you gave me for that career I almost chose. I thank you for listening to me because it seems like nobody ever listens." He reflected for a moment. Then an inner voice spoke: "Yeah! I know what you mean!".

Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Default Citizens cautioned - Be Alert!!!! - Fiction

HOMELAND SECURITY ADVISES!!!!!!! Homeland Security advises Citizens to be Watchful. Citing an example of an occurrence in Drexel Hill Pennsylvania the public has been asked to be ever vigilant. Apparently as early as 1983 a Realtor had been called upon by a Middle East Buyer to find a home with a Garage and workbench. These items had been essential. When buyer was unable to come to the office Realtor went to the buyers Residence in Havertown and was greeted on the doorstep. When he asked to enter off the street he entered a living room where several Middle East looking individuals were lined around the room as if having a meeting. He didn't think to report this occurrence because cells were little to unknown at that time now its very possible this may have been an early cell. Another had been at a Restaurant in New Castle County Delaware where a group gathered. When they left a mock of the Delaware Memorial Bridge and an Airplane had been found. These are incidents that must be taken seriously today without being paranoid or unnecessarily unfairly bias. HLS says we just want the citizenry to be on guard and report suspicious activity.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:41 PM

Default CREDIT SCORES DETERMINE MARITAL BLISS!!!!! - Maybe

CREDIT SCORES DETERMINE MARITAL BLISS!!!!! Okay so he hasn’t got that Brad Pitt charm, that Elvis Charisma, or that John Wayne Macho – He has got a 720 credit score. With that score your chances of happiness rises to 89%. FICO states that if you marry a man with a credit score of 720 you’ll be happier. Here’s the kicker would you like to take a chance to find out? When this fact first came out all I could think of is the mortgage debacle. If the rating system is as successful with marriages as they were and are with mortgages then I might want to use some other method of choosing a spouse like maybe reading tea leaves or picking up a blade a grass and letting it blow in the wind or better yet how about a test drive. All marriagee’s are given a temporary license for up to 730 days. If at any time during that time you become unhappy with your chosen spouse you can break up with no penalty. If you choose to keep this spouse you may be granted a permanent license and be able to have a full scale marriage with church and trim.

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 05-03-2011 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-04-2011, 07:02 AM

Default A toast to mothers and grandmothers

Dear Loved One:
I received your card today. Thank You! I just want to let you know I still can’t forget some things when you were young. Like the day you had mud all over you – I think it was mud - better I hope it was mud. The day you placed the Bunny rabbits in the oven to keep them warm and made me feel like a serial murderer. The day you redid your room in Crayola. The day at the restaurant that daddy and I told you no dessert unless you eat everything on your plate and you proceeded to place the Hamburger, fries and
everything in your mouth in one swoop. The day you brought your bike outside and broke the screen door window and had us in the emergency room for several hours. The day you packed your bag and ran away to the mother of your four year old girl friend. The day you buried your brother to his neck at the shore and refused to let him out until he cried. Oh yes, your card is well appreciated especially that part about patience. I’m older and wiser now and its great being 54 going on 108. Thank you and see you later.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:16 AM

Default National Education Survey scrapped!!!! - Fiction

NATIONAL EDUCATION SURVEY SCRAPPED!!!! NAP (National Association of Parents) are upset by this latest DHEW decision to scrap a test deemed to determine the challenges of students today. They felt the test even under terms of anonymity was too invasive. They also felt the questions were too personal and embarassing. Examples of Questions like: Are you able to complete your homework in a peaceful area? Does your parents assist you with your homework? Do you plan to pursue college? Are your teachers fair? Have you been abused? Has your education helped you? Are your teachers willing to assist you? Have you ever thought of the benefits of an education? Do you regret not trying harder in your studies? Do you find relationships difficult? Are you being bullied? The questions were poignant in the view of many teacher associations however a few more stated it might be good to know the distractions encountered by today's students as well as how they rate the educational system. Questions also arising as to who will evaluate a test like this and how to prevent teacher prying. Biggest question is how invasive is an anonymous survey like this to a person's privacy.

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 05-08-2011 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-13-2011, 04:27 AM

Default Friday the 13th Unlucky? - Fictional

FRIDAY 13TH UNLUCKY? Well not for all of us. Especially not for Edith Blake of Tumbleweed, Arkansas. Why? She hit the megaball lottery. The pool was worth 64 Million dollars and she won not 1 share but 4 shares. Here is what happened. She bought 1 quick pick liked the numbers and went on to buy 3 more tickets with the same numbers. Her smarts paid out this way. There were only five winning megaball tickets sold giving her a whopping 80% share equalling about 51.2 Million dollars and she chose all cash. Even after taxes she'll have enough money to stay pretty happy. Asked what she had to say, she said: "I'm not irish, I didn't step in anything and I am not superstitious but I am very. very, happy". I'd say. Oh and if that wasn't enough -- guess what the powerball was -------13. So next tme Friday the 13th rolls around think of Edith Blake.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:47 AM

Default Darkness Looms -- Fictional

DEPRESSION LOOMS!!!!! Today economists fearful after 9 straight downward quarters seek to analyze what exactly happened. One outline shows that the following scenario occurred. 1) Spiralling inflation caused by too much money chasing too few goods; 2) The Mortgage debacle which made money "easy" and led to imprudent loans; 3) US Bailouts on top of catastrophe after catastrophe led to a deepening of the deficit; 4) Continued overses borrowing which weakened the dollar and the US Reputation; 5) Foreign intervention with a costly tag via the human loss and arsenal of weapons utilized; 6) Tax chests in municipalities dwindled to the point of not being able to service the educational or social needs of the community; 7) Certainly the biggest is the continuing job loss and high unemployment; 8) Social unrest mounting, police forces on the street to defend against civil unrest and worsening tensions in every state of the union; 9) Higher taxes at every level; 10) Wallstreets continued disregard or disinterest in what is really happening "Playing the Investors". The solution is not easy and the course to take uncharted but it is certain a leader must emerge to gain the public's confidence and lead with the support of both houses of Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics