Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 04:21 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,810,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Turning it on and off sounds like a plan till u figure out what is going on. Good luck
Yep. Turning it on and off could eventually force the thermo contacts open again (if it is sticking). Load it up with water bottles freezer and refrigerator. Turn the freezer control warmer...it is just an air duct control. Setting it warmer will send more air to frig section where the thermo sensor is most likely located.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 04:04 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,324,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Yep. Turning it on and off could eventually force the thermo contacts open again (if it is sticking). Load it up with water bottles freezer and refrigerator. Turn the freezer control warmer...it is just an air duct control. Setting it warmer will send more air to frig section where the thermo sensor is most likely located.
I had no idea u were so handy and technical Mrs. Satx must be very pleased. A handy man is better than a pretty man hands down It's nice if u have both

Old 07-12-2011, 03:14 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,018,750 times
My fridge is working fine now. I set the dial to 1 & smacked the thermostat & it started running fine + its not as hot & humid as it was when i first posted. Unfortunately though my electric kwh daily usage has doubled since july 1st or 2nd. I keep my fridge setting now half way between 1 & off. Today is suppose to be 20 degrees cooler (86) then july 4th. I will be getting a new fridge for free within the next 45-60 days. The electric company has a program that i qualified for & i was approved last friday. Im just glad my 15 y/o fridge that has bad seals (freezer & fridge) still works. My freezer is full of food unlike my fridge.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 AM

WEll....my fridge is running good now ever since i turned up the temp & smacked the thermostat control. Unfortunately though i recently received a letter from SCE stating my application is denied due to the age of my fridge. SCE will only replace fridges 1992 & older. Mine is 1996. Oh well....

Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,697 times
Just last week my fridge was whining to the point of giving me a headache and especially awful at night with other things quieter. I turned the freezer side off and on and set it back to a lower setting and it was okay. Couple of days later the fridge side whined so did the same for it. First time I've ever had to do that with a fridge. Maybe it was just celebrating and welcoming me back to Florida.
She's back! ..... whiiiiiiiinnnnnnnne ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whiiiiiiiinnnnnnnne ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whiiiiiiiinnnnnnnne ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whiiiiiiiinnnnnnnne ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Ya think?

Old 07-27-2011, 08:47 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
WEll....my fridge is running good now ever since i turned up the temp & smacked the thermostat control. Unfortunately though i recently received a letter from SCE stating my application is denied due to the age of my fridge. SCE will only replace fridges 1992 & older. Mine is 1996. Oh well....
So, did you eat that pizza? You said you were going to, then b00m, nothing. Some of us feared the worst.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
So, did you eat that pizza? You said you were going to, then b00m, nothing. Some of us feared the worst.
Yes i did eat a few pizzas & boneless chicken with no problems. I gave my neighbors one & they are fine too. I have 3 left but im taking a break from pizza for awhile. Frozen pizza just isnt that great but i got them for free so i cant complain. Leaving frozen pizza in a 100+ degree car & then refreezing it 5 hrs later is a gamble but i won this hand. I dont plan to do it again.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:37 PM

It has been 4 yrs since I created this thread & I still have the same fridge (1996 model). Last july I replaced the defrost timer (30.00) & the fridge cycles good even though its noisy when it cycles on & off. My electric bill is higher this year compared to last but I expected that with a 19 yr old fridge. I am hoping my fridge lasts awhile longer especially through the long hot summer.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:33 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,512,977 times
When the frig is running... time to bolt it to the floor.. and after bolting it to the floor... Please O please let Prince Albert out of the can...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics