Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,957,136 times

Advertisements

[quote=Kobber;23073749]Good morning everyone, and welcome to Kobber’s Tuesday Questions. Without further ado, let’s get on with it!

Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school). Too old and killed way to many brain cells to remember

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? No had a scrabbled egg

When was the last time you ate pancakes? Saturday, wife made some chocolate chip pancakes

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it? Physically or downloaded

Just for Fun:

If a bunch of people turned up at your place for a champagne tasting, how many proper champagne glasses would you have on hand (no beer mugs, wine glasses or old jars allowed)! We entertain a lot so off the top of my head over 60

Today in History:

1804 First locomotive, Richard Trevithick's, runs for first time, in Wales
1842 First known sewing machine patented in Washington D.C.
1878 First telephone book issued, 50 subscribers (New Harbor, Connecticut)
1915 World's Fair in San Francisco opens
1925 First issue of "New Yorker" magazine published
1931 Alka Seltzer introduced
1953 Francis Crick and James Watson discover structure of DNA-molecule
1970 Jackson 5 make TV debut on American Bandstand

Today's word:

Bespeak: / bih-SPEEK \ , verb;
1. To show; indicate.
2. To ask for in advance.
3. To reserve beforehand; engage in advance; make arrangements for.
4. Literary. To speak to; address.

Today Is:

Shrove Tuesday
Mardis Gras
National Sticky Bun Day
International Mother Language Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 05:53 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,926,608 times
Good morning to all! The sun is back! Woohoo!

Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school).
I'm sorry Kobber, but I can't even remember the first day of this month! I'm sure my first day of school went well. I was a well mannered young man and according to my folks, I was very interested in school.

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today?
NO, but I sure would love to have some!

When was the last time you ate pancakes?
We stopped at IHOP in GA on the way to and from our cruise port last month.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it?
I downloaded a new version of geocaching software that I use. This was just last week.

Just for Fun:

If a bunch of people turned up at your place for a champagne tasting, how many proper champagne glasses would you have on hand (no beer mugs, wine glasses or old jars allowed)!
We have 4 of these.

Today Is:

Shrove Tuesday It has to do with pancakes, so I like it!
Mardis Gras
National Sticky Bun Day Hmmm, even better than pancakes!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,245,736 times
Mardis Gras

Old 02-21-2012, 06:03 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,035,808 times
Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school).
Uh ... I don't remember ... Those were not very happy years for me. I'll tell you briefly about my first day at college. I recall fondly about getting to my 8am class early and decided that I needed to start making friends. I turned to the girl to my right and attempted to strike up a conversation. It really wasn't going anywhere although she was polite. We did not really speak again that semester except for when we found ourselves at the same lunch table. The next semester, I decided that I could not tolerate my Political Science teacher so I decided to ditch. I ended up having lunch earlier in the day. So one day, I was looking for a table to sit. I did not feel comfortable crashing an existing group but found that same girl that I met on my first day sitting solo. I asked if I could join her and she said yes. Although it started off slowly, we eventually developed a friendship that has lasted 21 years so far I was a bridesmaid at her wedding, attended her dad's funeral and we now are best friends. So what happened that first day? She's not a morning person and I was too LOUD

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? No

When was the last time you ate pancakes? Over a year ago ... Not a big fan of pancakes unless they are blueberry pancakes or have some fruit on top.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it? Sometime last year, I loaded Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice dictation software) but was not impressed with the software and have not used it for a while.

Just for Fun:

If a bunch of people turned up at your place for a champagne tasting, how many proper champagne glasses would you have on hand (no beer mugs, wine glasses or old jars allowed)! Maybe one or two ... Not a drinker though so the champagne testing ain't gonna happen

Old 02-21-2012, 06:22 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,010,063 times
Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school
(or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school).
I have no idea what happened on my first day of elementary school. For that matter the first day of high school must have been a real bore as I do not recall it either. Where I started high school, junior high was pretty much part of the high school. That being the case, 9th grade was just another year.

Extra Credit Question:

Not likely

A few weeks ago in San Deigo

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it?
It has been a few years. Most likely it was a bunch of card games.

Just for Fun:

If a bunch of people turned up at your place for a champagne tasting, how many proper champagne glasses would you have on hand (no beer mugs, wine glasses or old jars allowed)!
A lot of people will be disappointed. Actually everyone would be disappointed as I do not have any champagne glasses. Then again, with my redneck upbringing, we would probably just pass the champagne around and drink straight from the bottle.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:58 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,258,241 times
Today’s Question:

That was a day I derpressed A start of the glorius bullying
A day when my life end. I was too ugly to school and everyone hated me

Bonus Question:

What is a software?

Just for Fun:

This is funny because I do not drink alcohol but I buy pretty glasses, so I have a few

Today Is:

Shrove Tuesday
Mardis Gras
National Sticky Bun Day
International Mother LanguageDay Some of my favourite words in Finnish are:

Suklaa
Retale
Kutvake
Ryökäle
Ponnari
Jäätelö
Söpö

Ja ihan parasta on jos nään söpön ponnaripäisen retaleen syömässä jätskiä Sit on päivä pelastettu

Old 02-21-2012, 06:58 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,420,918 times
Good Morning

Today’s Question:

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school). I think I was scared

Extra Credit Question:

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? No I had cereal

When was the last time you ate pancakes? Can't remember so it must be a long time

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you loaded new software onto your computer – and what was it? printer software.

Just for Fun:

If a bunch of people turned up at your place for a champagne tasting, how many proper champagne glasses would you have on hand (no beer mugs, wine glasses or old jars allowed)! Do the plastic ones count

Today Is:

Shrove Tuesday all I know is that it involves pancakes
Mardis Gras
National Sticky Bun Day
International Mother Language Day English

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Last edited by Bella52; 02-21-2012 at 07:07 AM..

Old 02-21-2012, 07:09 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Today’s Question:

Don't remember a single thing about my first YEAR in High School but I do remember that I started elementary school a week later than the other kids because I had the measles. I didn't care I loved going to school. The class was already divided up into reading groups named after songbirds and I was put in the blue bird group. That's all I remember.

Extra Credit Question:

No,

About 3 weeks ago.

Bonus Question:

The last software was Color Efex Pro 3.0. It's photography enhancement software.

Just for Fun:

None or the champagne, either. Don't drink.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:15 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,415,796 times
Good morning!!!

Tell us a little about your first day at elementary school (or if you really can’t remember, your first day at high school). I don't remember. My first day of Junior High I was most likely nervous. There were 6 elementary schools going into 1 Junior High...so lots of new faces.

Today is Shrove Tuesday – will you eat pancakes today? Hmm!!! I could Here is a great and easy recipe. It sure beats buying boxed mixes
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
cooking spray
Directions

Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.

When was the last time you ate pancakes? A few weeks ago with fresh strawberry topping.

About a month ago I loaded Adobe and Flash.

Ha, ha right, lol. I am not a fan of glasses with stems. Why have something that can easily be broken? I'm too practical for that. Give me an acrylic glass any day

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 07:26 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,844,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone, and welcome to Kobber’s Tuesday Questions. Without further ado, let’s get on with it!
Happy Tuesday!

Today’s Question:

Can you believe that I honestly don't remember either of those days? I DO remember my first day of school when I moved to another state in late November of my 6th grade year. Prior to that, I'd always walked (or ridden to school with my grandmother, a teacher) -- so this was the first time I rode a school bus, and I was terrified! We moved from low-key Indianapolis to an area of Connecticut that was strongly influenced by New York City, and the kids were MUCH more sophisticated than what I was used to. I learned that I talked "funny" (I said "warsh" instead of "wash" and called soda "pop") -- something that I quickly corrected. At the end of the day, I couldn't remember my bus number, and had to call home for a ride (which did NOT go over well).

It was NOT a good first day, to say the least .....

Extra Credit Question:

I didn't even realize that was a tradition! No pancakes for me, unfortunately, unless I decide to fix them for dinner. And I might just decide to do that!

A couple months ago?

Bonus Question:

I loaded my Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) onto my new laptop a few months ago.

Just for Fun:

I'm a teetotaller, so I got none at all.

Today Is:

Shrove Tuesday
Mardis Gras
National Sticky Bun Day
I could include a totally inappropriate comment here, but I won't .....

Thanks for the questions -- have a great day, all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics