Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 01:47 PM

22,413 posts, read 29,556,866 times

Advertisements

Please don't even get me started on that Tyson thing. I'll get violent.

So I met with HR on Friday and did the drug test. They contacted one of my references on Monday and I have not heard from the job. I leave a VM over 4 hrs ago as a follow up and nothing back. I'm getting nervous. If this doesn't go through like the last job last minute didn't I'm going to flip the F out

Ok literally the second I posted this, they called. It's all good. Going to drink now

Last edited by himain; 11-20-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 03:36 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,702,314 times
I really mean this this time. I've had enough of working where I do, and I'm going to try and look for another job on monday or tuesday. Anything else, that is better than this. Can't stand this now.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:33 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,723,681 times
It's 11:30 p.m., and the dog just threw up again so I'm washing her bedding. She was fine until she devoured her kibble in less then a minute then a couple hours later she threw up and now again the same thing.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:11 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,002,435 times
LL123, Cures for Upset Stomach from earthclinic. I've used a couple of them on my pets. Do you have any yogurt, canned pumpkin, or Tumeric in the house? Also ya might read about organic apple cider vinegar, its something good to keep around the house. It's excellent for pets and people, but it must be the organic type not the kind you most often see in the grocery store. Earthclinic is one of the best reference sites on the web, very helpful people too. If I only had one or two I'd go to a homemade diet for the dogs.

Digestive Issues in Dogs, Cats: Cures for Upset Stomach

Old 11-28-2013, 06:40 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,723,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
LL123, Cures for Upset Stomach from earthclinic. I've used a couple of them on my pets. Do you have any yogurt, canned pumpkin, or Tumeric in the house? Also ya might read about organic apple cider vinegar, its something good to keep around the house. It's excellent for pets and people, but it must be the organic type not the kind you most often see in the grocery store. Earthclinic is one of the best reference sites on the web, very helpful people too. If I only had one or two I'd go to a homemade diet for the dogs.

Digestive Issues in Dogs, Cats: Cures for Upset Stomach
Hi Todd. My daughter may run out later since we have no yogurt or canned pumpkin in the house. I have some apple cider vinegar but not organic, so she can pick that up too.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:27 AM

36,465 posts, read 16,073,172 times
LL pumpkin has helped Maggie, Dad's dog. Just give her a little bit of food at a time. My cats eat too fast and throw up, ugh, but it's mostly undigested food.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,292,616 times
We had to break up feeding our cats from twice a day to 3 times a day in smaller portions because one of them used to do the same thing - eat as fast as she could, then throw up 5 min. later. Not fun.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:57 AM

7,257 posts, read 7,117,428 times
I had a stress dream last night. I dreamt that I was sleeping and woke up at 8 am. I decided since it was a holiday I could sleep in so I went back asleep. My husband then woke me at 10:30 to tell me it was time to get up. But I was still tired and fell asleep again. Then suddenly it was 8 pm and all dark. It was too late for me to cook thanksgiving dinner and everyone was hungry and it was all my fault for sleeping all day!

Then I woke for real. It was 7:45 am...

I got up.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:47 AM

7,257 posts, read 7,117,428 times
Venting:

My dad drives me crazy. He's in his late 80's and is totally out of touch with how the real world is for working people. His view of business is stuck in the 50's & 60's. He actually said that he didn't understand why my brother kept changing jobs (bro is in IT) and that he needed to be a good worker for his company because good workers are valued and if he put in his 20 years he could retire.

We tried very hard to explain to him that working for a company for 20+ years and retiring rarely happens anymore. And that the IT field was especially volatile because technology changed so quickly. Employers were more likely to fire workers who had been around for a few years and hire younger people because they are more up-to-date with the latest technology. And that ongoing education in IT was the only way to remain valuable in the field.

Dad then went on to rant that the reason the economy was so bad was because of the Chinese (blah blah racist rant) and Obama (blah blah political rant) and then he didn't understand why my brother had to work on Thanksgiving day why didn't he just take his 2 weeks vacation time off -- like anyone gets 2 weeks off in a row anymore!

So out of touch. I sure hope I'm not that clueless when my daughter is full grown...

Old 11-30-2013, 09:09 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,221,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Venting:
So out of touch. I sure hope I'm not that clueless when my daughter is full grown...
You could very well be so treat your dad like you want your daughter to one day treat you. In fairness things have changed so much in his lifetime it is hard for that generation to keep up. I'm way younger & it is hard for me to keep up the way of this world is going. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics