Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2013, 06:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,038,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Why not counter with $1360? Can't hurt, right?
I'll try this when I speak with the agent, possibly Tues or Wed when she's back in the office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 10:08 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,909,705 times
You might try go up to the $1400 even. I don't think it's a bait and switch move, apartment managers are always having these issues that come up with one unit not available as soon as they thought and try to help others who want to move into the complex. I would think this is normal to offer you a discounted rate and attempt to work with you. You like the hardwood floors and "if" the unit is in a "good" location for you then go for it.

IMHO

Old 11-09-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
You might try go up to the $1400 even. I don't think it's a bait and switch move, apartment managers are always having these issues that come up with one unit not available as soon as they thought and try to help others who want to move into the complex. I would think this is normal to offer you a discounted rate and attempt to work with you. You like the hardwood floors and "if" the unit is in a "good" location for you then go for it.

IMHO
Thanks ... My friends convinced me to go for it. As soon as I see the actual unit, I can proceed with signing the paperwork and moving myself in.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:28 AM

30,575 posts, read 16,263,911 times
Good move, IMHO.

Even if they are playing a bait game thing, if you like the apmt better and they'll come down in price, you're winning.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,278,133 times
Way to go! Let us know what happens.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:39 AM

I was so looking forward to sleeping in and getting a lot of packing done today while I'm off for Veteran's day. Now I just found out that someone opened a store credit card in my name so I'll have to spend precious time resolving this. I so wanna sleep as I'm exhausted but cannot relax.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:01 AM

30,575 posts, read 16,263,911 times
oh, Chatteress..

hang in there. you'll get time to rest soon.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:36 AM

386 posts, read 668,909 times
Wish I coulda had today off from work. Would have flown out to Cali to see my dude who's serving currently.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:57 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,710,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I was so looking forward to sleeping in and getting a lot of packing done today while I'm off for Veteran's day. Now I just found out that someone opened a store credit card in my name so I'll have to spend precious time resolving this. I so wanna sleep as I'm exhausted but cannot relax.
That's awful,Chatteress! Hope you can get the matter taken care of pretty quickly today.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
The good news is the company that the credit card was opened cancelled it and will be investigating the issue. Another card was applied for at Victoria's Secret but did not go through as they suspected fraud. I had to put a lock on my credit report and signed up for credit monitoring service. With the info that I found out, it seems that this individual started doing this stuff a mere three days after I applied for the new apartment and gave permission for credit check ... Just when I was feeling so good about my upcoming move, this happens. I have no proof it was one of the leasing agents but the timing is suspicious. I don't really know what to do except file the police report, which I'll do Wednesday evening ... I now wonder if I should continue with my move or not ... (sigh).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics