Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 12:36 PM

386 posts, read 669,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ok here to rant: So at work on Friday I find out that I've been enrolled into a phone training course. (I'm like OK). I find out that if I miss three sessions or don't pass the "standards" 3 times I have to pay $32!!! I'm like WTF. How in the hell can my mgr sign me up for something like that without discussing it with me first???

Then later that day I have a chat option on our workplace website. I'm the only person who handles this. I wasn't at my desk when the lead came in and this person had been on hold for about 8 mins. Mind you I'm main phone person for calls in but if I don't pick up then I have two back ups. This person on this chat lead completely rips me apart. Calling me a jackass and telling me that he's going to tell me to go F myself!!! I'm like what?? I pick up the phone: tell him that I will not be spoken to like that and hang up on him. I mean W T F?????

I gave my two weeks notice yesterday. I'm done.
Good thing you quit lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 08:53 AM

22,413 posts, read 29,556,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myspoonistoobig View Post
Good thing you quit lol
If you're implying that I would get fired due to hanging up on an berating customer, I wouldn't care. Any company that allows their employees to be spoken to like that without backing them up is not worth my time nor the money I make them.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,002,435 times
Anyone that uses Youtube much that doesn't have want Google+ gets hounded daily wanting ya to update. I've written nasty notes back when they ask why I don't want it, still it keeps on. Google has not been a positive thing for the Youtube user.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,937,842 times
If someone is backing out of a parking spot at the shopping center you'd think the "other" drives passing through would "stop" and let a guy complete backing out! Dumb butts ,,,,,,

Old 11-07-2013, 08:20 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,002,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If someone is backing out of a parking spot at the shopping center you'd think the "other" drives passing through would "stop" and let a guy complete backing out! Dumb butts ,,,,,,
For some reason that made me think of that old 1950 cartoon with Goofy called Motor Mania. It's more relevant than ever today with all the aggressive drivers about. If you haven't seen it, it's still on Youtube. We haven't evolved as much as we might think.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:34 PM

26,665 posts, read 28,794,493 times
Speaking of Google.

We moved here 2 1/2 years ago and the phone company gave us a number that had belonged to a business. After much work we are now down to an average of two phone calls a day from Google. Started out with about 10 per day.

Google is like an octopus, it is everywhere with its tentacles. Two calls today from Google Maps. Sometimes it's Google Places. I called the business who used to have this number and he has tried to get it stopped but Google is stupid and this is like harassment to keep calling us all the time. I think it is/should be illegal. /rant.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:45 PM

30,667 posts, read 16,324,948 times
Google calls?

I thought that was just an inter-net thing.
I feel deprived.

Google has never called me.

sigh

Old 11-07-2013, 10:30 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,056,789 times
My coworker has been very helpful in helping me get boxes and transporting them to my home. She just gave me some nice ones with lids but the lids belong to another size boxes ... I so wanna use these so hopefully, she can get me the other ones ...

Old 11-09-2013, 04:56 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,056,789 times
I got a dilemma here and don't know what to make of this so any input would be welcomed ...

As you all may be aware, I am in the process of moving to another apartment complex as I now want a two-bedroom apartment. This particular complex that I am scheduled to move into has older model apartments with carpeting and newer ones with hard wood flooring. As much as I LOVE the hard wood floor apartments, I could only afford the older style unit. I was given a quote of $1360 per month for the old style unit but have not signed any leases yet as I needed to see the unit first. The unit I was supposed to move into has not been available for viewing as it was occupied until November 7th ... It is now vacated and they are beginning to prep it for the next tenant.

I get a call from the leasing agent that I have been working with who stated that the unit I want will require more work than anticipated and they want to offer me a two-bedroom newly remodeled unit with the hard wood flooring for nearly $200 cheaper than the initial price I was given ($1425 versus $1600 per month). This is $65 more than the price I was quoted for the old style unit with the carpeting. I am not sure what to make of this as I did fall in love with the newer model but do not like what appears to be a bait and switch move from the leasing agent as it seems dishonest. Any input would be welcomed.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:01 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,292,616 times
Why not counter with $1360? Can't hurt, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics