Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 08:17 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,744,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
Me too!!!! But something tells me that we are in for a long one.
Yes, I think you're right, LS.....and I hate that! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 PM

30,667 posts, read 16,324,948 times
I told the post office about my address change before Thanksgiving, making it affective Dec 1. Haven't gotten any forwarded mail yet so I called them today and asked about it. Seems there was a glitch in the system and the change just went in today. Yea, today-what a coincidence- the same day I asked about it. It'll now take 10 days for me to get the forwarded mail.

Wonder how much glitches get payed these days.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,937,842 times
^^^ wow,,,, ten days just to forward mail......... I hope the monthly bills don't get glitches and become past-due?

I get several bills in the mail in the middle of the month and one at the first of the month..... all need to be paid on time. :ee:

Old 12-10-2013, 12:48 PM

30,667 posts, read 16,324,948 times
that's my concern too.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:11 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,937,842 times
Ok,,, why do I get on these lists of charities that I don’t support and never had who keep mailing me information about donations to them? I know they pay a lot for the printing and mailing of all their correspondence but “take me off your list”. I can’t donate to each of them, nor do I want to donate to them; I have special places that I know personally will use my contribution for some good (other than sending out mail to others).

Old 12-16-2013, 02:03 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,056,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
I told the post office about my address change before Thanksgiving, making it affective Dec 1. Haven't gotten any forwarded mail yet so I called them today and asked about it. Seems there was a glitch in the system and the change just went in today. Yea, today-what a coincidence- the same day I asked about it. It'll now take 10 days for me to get the forwarded mail.

Wonder how much glitches get payed these days.
Yeah .. I'm still waiting on my forwarded mail ... I put in the request two weeks ago ... Fortunately, I still have access to my old mail box until the 31st and have updated my address with mostly everyone I do business with including my jobs. It's sad that they cannot process an address change in a more efficient manner as not everyone can put in an address change in advance. So glad most of my bills are now paperless ...

Old 12-16-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Ok,,, why do I get on these lists of charities that I don’t support and never had who keep mailing me information about donations to them? I know they pay a lot for the printing and mailing of all their correspondence but “take me off your list”. I can’t donate to each of them, nor do I want to donate to them; I have special places that I know personally will use my contribution for some good (other than sending out mail to others).
That irks me as well ... on the same lines ...

I was in a union at my previous job. I quit that position in late 2007 and STILL the union is mailing me?! I hate the fact that they waste union member dues mailing crap especially to former members. I frankly don't care about their upcoming elections as it doesn't concern me

At least I did enjoy their last newsletter ... I was able to use it as packing material

Old 12-16-2013, 06:58 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,292,616 times
How about the nursing home in New Hampshire where I sent a donation in my friend's mom's name....I get mailings from them all the time. Oh, yeh, as soon as senility hits, I'll move to NH just so I can live in their home.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:44 PM

I submitted the address change to the Post Office TWO WEEKS AGO ... I'm starting to receive mail that is addressed with my updated address but not the forwarded mail ... I just went to check my mailbox and there's a "vacant - do not deliver" inside my box??!!! Hello ... The apartment was vacated by the previous tenant but I'm living here now ... I hope none of my mail is lost or being returned to sender ... I really don't have time to visit the post office but they never pick up their damned phones!

Old 12-16-2013, 09:14 PM

44,676 posts, read 61,796,128 times
I was at the grocers this afternoon to pick up a few things. I had 8 items so decided to go through the 15 or less express lane. As I got up to place the goodies on the conveyor, belt this little old lady, around 80, comes up behind me and jams her cart into my butt. Then she say's "can I get in front of you I only have one item and I'm in a hurry". So being the nice person I am I said "sure go ahead". The cashier rings up her sale and says to her that will be $9.95. So she proceeds to pull out this bag full of pennies and pours them all over the counter and asks the cashier to count them out to the $9.95 she needs for the purchase. The cashier counts them out as fast as he can. Then she asks him to count them again as she thought he counted wrong.
Do you know how long it takes to count $9.95 in pennies twice with a little ol' lady in your face, about 10 minutes, so much for an express lane...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics