Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 08:45 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,456,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
Just returned home and we're both quite stuffed!

Jess had the beef and yorkie pudds; plus an Eaton Mess dessert.

I had beef & turkey plus all the trimmings; finished off with some apple pie and custard.

All washed down with a bottle of white wine between us (we were not driving; just a quick 2 mile stroll)

So now we will probably fall asleep on the sofa! Eyes getting very heavy and am yawning my head off lol
I lurve Eaton Mess dessert....... Our lamb dinner went down a treat. I'm just working my way through all the dishes now. I'm taking a break.

I think tonight we will watch some more of my DVD set of 'Breaking Bad.' Last night we watched the last three episodes of the second series. Boy, it's addictive telly.

I'm still trying to decide on a holiday for March. Just can't make my mind up were to go. Judy says she fancies a change from Benidorm. I have looked at the island of Malta, but just can't get enthusiastic for the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 09:03 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,462,175 times
Hi all!!!!

What is Eaton Mess dessert?

Zola-I've had bad headaches but not migraines since I was a teen. I'm not really sure what causes them but I can get an instant headache if I turn my head the wrong way sometimes. It's really in the back of my head and neck.

Ooh….Bailey's I like Bailey's and Kahlua. When I was a teen at home my mother had this huge wine rack in the kitchen. She had all kinds of liqueurs and bottles in there. Anyway I was on a milkshake kick for a bit and would add in some of the liqueur to0 it. Yum…mom never had a problem with them either, lol.

Are you excited about the new job? Same field?

Cloudy day here but we are in for a super week. Sunny and mild

Today we are off to visit some friends who moved into new houses while we were gone. We have some housewarming gifts for them.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:04 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,573,089 times
What's kahlua?

Thank you

Old 02-19-2017, 09:05 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,126,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I lurve Eaton Mess dessert....... Our lamb dinner went down a treat. I'm just working my way through all the dishes now. I'm taking a break.

I think tonight we will watch some more of my DVD set of 'Breaking Bad.' Last night we watched the last three episodes of the second series. Boy, it's addictive telly.

I'm still trying to decide on a holiday for March. Just can't make my mind up were to go. Judy says she fancies a change from Benidorm. I have looked at the island of Malta, but just can't get enthusiastic for the place.

Jess and I were talking about holidays in the pub! We have already spent nearly 3 weeks in South Africa last Christmas, and unfortunately for J, she only has a couple of paid holidays left to take with the library she works for. So we're a bit limited until the start of the new financial year in April and she gets her 28 days holiday allocation.

So we might visit the west coast of Wales on the next Bank Holiday weekend; and then rent a cottage for another Bank Holiday weekend up in Scotland. But for next Christmas we're thinking of the good old USA and/or Canada.

We both quite fancy "Big Sky Country" (Montana) purely because its a million miles away from the big cities and urban craziness - plus it will make for good motorcycling too

We shall see

Old 02-19-2017, 09:45 AM

LC-It's a coffee flavored liqueur. It's good in ice cream or milk drinks. I used to like White Russians..that is Kahlua, vodka and cream/milk. They are not a "drinking" drink…only one or 2 as a sweet drink. More like a dessert

Mudslides ised to be big when I was a bartender….Kahula, Baileys, Vodka and ice cream.
Frozen Mudslide Drink Recipe - Kahlúa

Other than that I'd rather have a cold beer or maybe a Margarita on the rocks with salt….although I'd either be on the floor or on a table dancing after 2 of those

You're welcome

Zola-Those are nice vacation times. When I was at a "regular" job I got 2 weeks off. Montana is beautiful Idaho is also very nice but Montana first Do either of you ski?

Some day I would love to visit your side of the pond. England, Ireland and Scotland.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:59 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,573,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
LC-It's a coffee flavored liqueur. It's good in ice cream or milk drinks. I used to like White Russians..that is Kahlua, vodka and cream/milk. They are not a "drinking" drink…only one or 2 as a sweet drink. More like a dessert

Mudslides ised to be big when I was a bartender….Kahula, Baileys, Vodka and ice cream.

Other than that I'd rather have a cold beer or maybe a Margarita on the rocks with salt….although I'd either be on the floor or on a table dancing after 2 of those

You're welcome

Zola-Those are nice vacation times. When I was at a "regular" job I got 2 weeks off. Montana is beautiful Idaho is also very nice but Montana first Do either of you ski?

Some day I would love to visit your side of the pond. England, Ireland and Scotland.
Ohhhh not my cup of tea then so a cold beer will suffice

Thank you my love

Old 02-19-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Ohhhh not my cup of tea then so a cold beer will suffice

Thank you my love
Yeah those are girly drinks

Old 02-19-2017, 10:19 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,126,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post

You're welcome

Lisa- yes, we both ski (both on water and snow). Jessica is better than me on the latter; but I'm pretty good out on the lakes.

The thing about the States (and Canada) is that it is so friggin' BIG! Two weeks is barely enough to check out a place as big and interesting as Montana - or any other state come to that!

Anyway, its still early days yet before we start booking in earnest. But be warned America - Zola & Jess are a coming to get ya ;-)

Old 02-19-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Lisa- yes, we both ski (both on water and snow). Jessica is better than me on the latter; but I'm pretty good out on the lakes.

The thing about the States (and Canada) is that it is so friggin' BIG! Two weeks is barely enough to check out a place as big and interesting as Montana - or any other state come to that!

Anyway, its still early days yet before we start booking in earnest. But be warned America - Zola & Jess are a coming to get ya ;-)

I like both skiing but haven't been in years.

I have been to almost all the states. Maybe I can help or at least guide you in the right direction What do you both like to do and see? City or open area? You are more than welcome to stop by my place but it is a very small area and not sure you would want to add that in for only 2 weeks.

Do you like mountains, lakes, beaches, gambling, museums???

Old 02-19-2017, 11:39 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,456,777 times
Quote:

Never mind Montana....... go to Iowa....... they got giant eggs!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFjXIgyeeKc

They got corn fields........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R9HpESkor8

They got line dancing.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y-zNMtN-ZU

They got football.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtKEa79lSP8

They got music........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljYiXAF_4_k

They got good grub........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWfLfbK3CaI

It's got to be IOWA!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics