Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 03:53 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

I hope you're well-rested, and ready to hit the morning Questions.

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race?
I've never really had a hiding place, real or imaginary. If I need time alone I just tell everyone that but if that didn't work I would probably disappear to the park at the nearby lake.

Bonus Question(s):
Can you see, from where you are sitting, any kind (real, photo, replica, etc.), of any of the following:
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant?
something holding pencils and pens?
pillows?
candy?

Just for Fun:
If money were no object, and you actually had a place to store it, what "exotic" means of transportation would you like to have:
horse and buggie or a jet airplane
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?

Today in History:
Birthday: 1955 Joe Jackson, U.S. singer, pianist
Entertainment: 1985 Michael Jackson buys ATV Music (every Beatles song) for $47 million
Science/Technology: 1990 U.S.'s Magellan spacecraft lands on Venus
Sports: 2014 Rory McIlroy wins the PGA Championship, marking his fourth major championship; McIlroy is now one of only four players in golf history to reach this achievement by age 25

Today’s Word:
depthless
Pronunciation: (DEPTH-les)
Meaning: adjective:
1. Immeasurably deep.
2. Shallow; superficial.
Etymology: From Old English deop (deep) + laes (less).
Earliest documented use: 1619.

Today is:
Lazy Day
National Banana Split Day (U.S.)
National Duran Duran Appreciation Day
Paul Bunyan Day
Skyscraper Appreciation Day
Smithsonian Day
S'mores Day

Quote of the Day:
"The world is like that -- incomprehensible and full of surprises." ~ Jorge Amado ~ (Brazilian writer, also born today, 1912, d. Aug 8, 2001)

Have a good day everyone!

Thanks Patscats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 03:54 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,146,969 times
in a book

pencils and pens

truck

Old 08-10-2016, 04:21 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race? My favorite place to escape is Mike and Lisa world right at home on top of the mountain

Bonus Question(s):
Can you see, from where you are sitting, any kind (real, photo, replica, etc.), of any of the following:

It's still a little dark out but I'm facing the open sliding door and I can barely see the mountain range…and the clouds above it. I can also see the floral centerpiece and a fan. To the right is my kitchen so I can see…ahhh my coffee maker, a pineapple and a bowl of oranges

Just for Fun:
If money were no object, and you actually had a place to store it, what "exotic" means of transportation would you like to have:
helicopter? this or a private plane would be fun…..or an exotic car
submarine?

dirigible?
unicycle?
other?

Happy Hump Day!!!

Old 08-10-2016, 04:42 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,132 times
Mornin' all!

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race? At home, live alone in a small house in the middle of a field. Quiet, peaceful. Or sometimes it's in my car, listening to music and driving through the hills.

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant?
pillows?
candy?

Just for Fun:
helicopter...... Love the idea of having my own helicopter
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?

Today’s Word: Interesting
depthless
1. Immeasurably deep.
2. Shallow; superficial.

Today is:
Lazy Day Won't be for me. We're still packing my daughter's things for her move to the apartment.
Paul Bunyan Day
Smithsonian Day
S'mores Day

Quote of the Day:
"The world is like that -- incomprehensible and full of surprises." ~ Jorge Amado ~ (Brazilian writer, also born today, 1912, d. Aug 8, 2001)

Have a good day everyone! Thanks, you too, PC!

Old 08-10-2016, 05:12 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Mornin' all!

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race? I love my home,my den

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant?
pillows?
candy?

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other? a horse carriage or horse sled

Today in History:
Entertainment: 1985 Michael Jackson buys ATV Music (every Beatles song) for $47 million
Sports: 2014 Rory McIlroy wins the PGA Championship, marking his fourth major championship; McIlroy is now one of only four players in golf history to reach this achievement by age 25

Today’s Word:
depthless
1. Immeasurably deep.
2. Shallow; superficial.

Today is:
Lazy Day
Paul Bunyan Day
Smithsonian Day
S'mores Day

Quote of the Day:

Thank you PatsCats

Old 08-10-2016, 05:39 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Mornin' all!

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race?
My home is my haven but we have a weekend camping place I like to go to where it's quiet and woodsy and I like to go for long walks and just enjoy nature. It's very relaxing.

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant?
pillows?
candy?

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?

Old 08-10-2016, 05:44 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Today's Question(s):

I'm retired. I live by myself. I live in suburbia. No highway goes through my town. No rat race to escape from.

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
no
a birdhouse?no
a mirror? no
a feather? no
a plant? no
something holding pencils and pens? the desk lamp has a spot for them but none in there now.
pillows? One behind my back
candy? no

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?

none. Insurance. license. Ability to get in/out/off it. Upkeep time wasting. Tax forms and other P.I.T.A. paperwork like registration/use scheduling. Pass.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:07 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,325 times
Mornin' all!

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race?..................I immerse myself in a good book.

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?.............Several that are the decor type.
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant?................Several
pillows?.............Five of them.
candy?

Just for Fun:
helicopter?.........
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?..............An entire fleet of different type vehicles that I can drive depending on my mood.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
depthless
1. Immeasurably deep.
2. Shallow; superficial.

Today is:
Lazy Day
Paul Bunyan Day
Smithsonian Day
S'mores Day

Quote of the Day:

Old 08-10-2016, 06:52 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race? Narnia

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse? Bird feeder
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant? Inside and out.
pillows? On the couch
candy?

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other? Nothing I can think of! Oh wait, maybe a Time Machine

Old 08-10-2016, 06:59 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Making a taco/burrito festival for a 4 day weekend here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Heck yeah! I've been up here since 4 a.m.

Onward...ho! (Not you, Pat!) .........

Today's Question(s):

I stay in my home.

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant?
pillows?
candy?

Nope to all...except I can see the top quarter of a full-wall living room mirror.

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?

Golf cart, electric wheelchair, motorcycle (quiet one)...John boat, inflatable raft, canoe.

Today in History:
I do not like McIlroy, the dork. Don't like his golfing, either.

Today’s Word:
depthless
1. Immeasurably deep.
2. Shallow; superficial.

Today is:
Lazy Day
Paul Bunyan Day
Skyscraper Appreciation Day Now there's something I despise!
Smithsonian Day
S'mores Day Nahhhh.

Quote of the Day:

You, too, Pattycakes. All good things to all good people...hmmm...YES comes to mind!
Maybe a good time for a quick listen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics