Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 04:50 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,873,073 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday January 9, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.
My cold isn’t wholly gone, but I’m considerably improved from last week-thanks to you all for the kind sentiments & good thoughts. Glad you're feeling better, cloven!

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ? Four, two large, two smaller.
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ? Have had, but current stove I just remove the grates to clean.

Extra Credit:

In winter, do you switch to snow tires ?
Have bought studded tires in the past, but not with the Outback. I've had not problem getting up my hill or driveway with the subi.
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? Has a leather cover
Have you had to replace your car’s…
-floor mats ?
-windshield wiper blades ?
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? Newish, 2015 subi. Haven't replaced anything.

Bonus:
Vegetables and/or fruit-if you can’t get them fresh...
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? Mostly frozen

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? Some of the trim in the car

Today’s Word:
vaunt /vônt,vänt/ (vb.): Hype with over-the-top praise, extol or boast in a way that inflates the importance of something.

Today Is:
National Static
Electricity Day
National Apricot Day
National Clean Off Your Desk Day
-this week is-
National Folic Acid Awareness Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center-

Thought for the Day:
“If changing strategies doesn’t help, you can try to change the game.
And if that’s not possible, you can at least exercise some control about which games you choose to play.”
-Brian Christian and Tom Griffiths

Wishing you a toasty cozy day…if it’s as chilly & frozen there (where you are) as it is here
Waking up to -2 F here. I always feel sorry for kiddos out waiting for buses. No morning recess today. It IS supposed to warm up to a balmy 18F. Looking forward to the middle of the week where it's predicted to be in high 30s, low 40s!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 05:22 AM

126,339 posts, read 19,114,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
My cold isn’t wholly gone, but I’m considerably improved from last week-thanks to you all for the kind sentiments & good thoughts.

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ?....I HAVE 4 and they come in 2 different sizes
Does your stove top have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ?....I CLEAN them regularly

Extra Credit:

..IT IS A MUST HERE
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ?
-floor mats ? ...NO
-windshield wiper blades ? ....NOT YET
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? ...SOME BULB was replaced

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ?..VEGETABLES I BUY sometimes frozen like corn or peas but fruit I never buy frozen or in cans

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? ...NOT in this house that I am aware of

Today in History:
1788: Connecticut ratifies the U.S. Constitution and becomes the fifth state
1793: First hot-air balloon is flown in the USA, piloted by Jean-Pierre Blanchard
1894: First battery-operated phone switchboard installed in Lexington, Mass. by The American Bell Telephone Company
1941: Birth of singer-songwriter & activist Joan Baez
1944: Birth of musician & songwriter Jimmy Page
1950: Birth of singer-songwriter & actor David Johansen (The New York Dolls, “Scrooged”)
1951: Birth of singer Brenda Gail Webb, known as “Crystal Gayle”
1955: Birth of actor Jonathan Kimble “J.K.” Simmons (Law & Order, “Spider Man” films)
1956: Birth of actress Imelda Mary Philomena Bernadette Staunton (Little Britain, “Harry Potter” series)
1960: Construction officially begins on Egypt’s Aswan (High) Dam
1965: Birth of actress Joely Richardson (Nip/Tuck, The Tudors)
1967: Birth of musician & singer-songwriter Dave Matthews

Today’s Word:
vaunt /vônt,vänt/ (vb.): Hype with over-the-top praise, extol or boast in a way that inflates the importance of something.

Today Is:
National Static
Electricity Day
National Apricot Day
-this week is-

Today’s Picture:....I LIKE the maze

Thought for the Day:
And if that’s not possible, you can at least exercise some control about which games you choose to play.”

Wishing you a toasty cozy day…if it’s as chilly & frozen there (where you are) as it is here

THANK YOU cloven and a very good start to Monday

Old 01-09-2017, 06:19 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,717,936 times
My cold isn’t wholly gone, but I’m considerably improved from last week-thanks to you all for the kind sentiments & good thoughts.

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ?5 Are they different sizes ? No.
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners? No. If so, have you had to clean or replace them ?

Extra Credit:
In winter, do you switch to snow tires ?I have all weather tires.
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? No.
-floor mats ? No.
-windshield wiper blades ? I need to do so soon.
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? No.

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? Most veggies I buy fresh or frozen and the same for veggies. Once in awhile I will buy canned beets, corn and mushrooms.

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? I may.

Today in History:
1793: First hot-air balloon is flown in the USA, piloted by Jean-Pierre Blanchard
1894: First battery-operated phone switchboard installed in Lexington, Mass. by The American Bell Telephone Company
1950: Birth of singer-songwriter & actor David Johansen (The New York Dolls, “Scrooged”)
1955: Birth of actor Jonathan Kimble “J.K.” Simmons (Law & Order, “Spider Man” films)
1956: Birth of actress Imelda Mary Philomena Bernadette Staunton (Little Britain, “Harry Potter” series)

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
National Static Electricity Day
National Apricot Day
-this week is-

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:

Wishing you a toasty cozy day…if it’s as chilly & frozen there (where you are) as it is here [/quote]

Thanks, cloven. Hope you continue to get better.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:23 AM

4,855 posts, read 3,661,661 times
Default Monday not Funday

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ? 5 - 2 small 2 large 1 keep warm
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ? Glass top for me.

Extra Credit:[/b][/color]
hahahah not in Texas
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? Nope
-floor mats ? no but bought rubber ones to put over existing ones - purchased at Costco
-windshield wiper blades ? nope
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? nope

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? Can

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? nope

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
National Static
Electricity Day
National Apricot Day
-this week is-

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:

[/quote]

Old 01-09-2017, 06:49 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,437,311 times
Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ?

Four. All the same size.

Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ?

There are things under there. I guess that's what they're called.

Extra Credit:[/b][/color]

Not needed here.

Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ?[color=DarkRed][b]
-floor mats ?
-windshield wiper blades ?
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ?

No to all.

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ?

Frozen sometimes if I'm just going to use it as an ingredient in something. Fresh if I'm going to have it in salad. I rarely buy canned. Just depends on what it is and what I need it for.

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ?

Not that I can think of, but I wouldn't mind having one of those old station wagons with the faux wood sidings. Serious.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:18 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,926,762 times

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ? two large one small and one extra large.
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ? It has a glass top so there's nothing to remove.
Extra Credit:

No snow tires here in Phoenix are needed.
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? no
-floor mats ? no
-windshield wiper blades ? I just changed the ones on the older Highlander
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? No, nothing changed there
Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? Mostly frozen

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? nothing that I've seen here.

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
National Static
Electricity Day
National Apricot Day
-this week is-

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:

I'm happy to report that there's NO SNOW in Phoenix this week or next, sunshine and warm weather, and this afternoon maybe a 20% chance of light rain..... It's 50 degrees at this hour of the early morning and it's still dark outside at 7:15am.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:39 AM

2,618 posts, read 1,506,387 times

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ?4. Yes lol. Black too.
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ?No, I wish I had though.

Extra Credit:
In winter, do you switch to snow tires ?Yes
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? No
-floor mats ? Yes
-windshield wiper blades ? Yes lol
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? Yeah

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ?Frozen!

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ?Coffee table, with lots of spills on it

Old 01-09-2017, 07:59 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,589,405 times
Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ? 4 and yes
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ?
Nope. Ours is glass top
Extra Credit:
In winter, do you switch to snow tires ? Nope
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? I have a steering wheel cover but it's not custom.
-floor mats ? Nope
-windshield wiper blades ? Don't use my wipers. I use Rainex and don't need the wipers
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? Not in a year or two

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? Either can or frozen. Wife hates corn from a can. Frozen only

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? I think a couple of end tables maybe.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:00 AM

7,389 posts, read 5,501,736 times
Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ? Five. Yes.
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ? It's a gas stove. There are two parts on top you have to take off to clean the bottom part.

[u]Extra Credit:
In winter, do you switch to snow tires ? no
[color=DarkRed][b]Do you have a custom steering wheel cover? no
-floor mats ? No
-windshield wiper blades ? Yes
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? No

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? I wait for them to be in season but I buy grapes year round

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? Yes

Old 01-09-2017, 09:07 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,824,496 times
[quote=cloven;46763627]Happy Monday January 9, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ?There are 5. I love the big one in the middle. It's perfect for blanching those big pots of veggies to put in the freezer if ever mutt comes for a visit.
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ? There's only a small part that's removeable and yes I have to clean the top often. I cook veggies every day.

Extra Credit:

In winter, do you switch to snow tires ? No but I did get rid of the Yokohama racing tires that came with the car and switched over to something that has more tread.

Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? No
-floor mats ? Yes
-windshield wiper blades ?Yes
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? I have a light out now.

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ?Fresh is best and nothing comes out of a can except for an occasional can of beans in our house. I'm running out of frozen veggies from the freezer, especially tomatoes.

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ?Nope

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
National Static
Electricity Day
National Apricot Day
-this week is-

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:

Thanks Cloven. I'll be on the ice today having fun with our Indian friends and their 4 year old. She's spoiled now and wants John and I to haul her around instead of trying to skate on her own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics