Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 09:06 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times

Advertisements

Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in? No

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechcanical bull riding machine would you?
Probably not

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show? No

When it comes to buying a car or some other expensive item...
-I research it and know what I want. This
-I Ask friends what they would buy.
-I let the salesman tell me what I want.
-I just buy the first thing that catches my eye.

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to? No haggle is preferable

-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy?
I've spent the afternoon looking through books I might want to buy!
-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded?Wait for at least a few weeks, until the crowds have died down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 11:37 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in?
It will take a while before I would trust one.

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechanical bull riding machine would you?
Not a chance.

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show?
A couple times. Was not anything special.

-I research it and know what I want.
I almost did not buy my Jeep. The first salesman waiting on me showed me a couple vehicles but nothing I wanted. I actually was just killing time by browsing cars. I was heading out the door when a different salesman suggested I test drive a Grand Cherokee. I still have that Grand Cherokee more than 12 years later.

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to?
I use to buy new cars from the same dealer for several years. Most of the time I would have to get up and walk away a couple times before the price was what I would pay. On the last new pick up I bought I made what I thought was a lowball offer. They accepted my offer. I have always wondered how low they would have gone.

-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy?
I have done it. The bookstore was actually ok with it. They had comfy chairs located throughout the store.

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grand opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded?
I wait a while. Golden Corral just opened up here a couple weeks ago. I saw over a 100 people standing in line today waiting for their turn to get inside.

Today Is Probably Not...
-Take a yucky veggie to the movies.
-Replace the air in your car tires.
-Get your airline seat upgraded to first class for free.

Unlike several thousand airline flights, Sunday's QOTD was not cancelled due to weather.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:21 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Hi everyone. After one or two minutes of deep thought I present to you...

Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in?
Yeah, I probably would.
-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechcanical bull riding machine would you?

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show?

-I research it and know what I want.

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to?

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded?
Wait a few months until it is not as crowded.
Today Is Probably Not...
-Take a yucky veggie to the movies.
-Replace the air in your car tires.
-Get your airline seat upgraded to first class for free.

Unlike several thousand airline flights, Sunday's QOTD was not cancelled due to weather.
Have a nice Monday all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics