Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 07:07 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,482,511 times

Advertisements

~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? No

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? Chevy Sonic, I like it but it’s a small car and not good on ice and snow.

~ Approximately what color is it? Dark gray

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? Yes!

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? Yes

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: A/C

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: too many to list

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? No

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: Jennifer Aniston

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? No

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: blood orange

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? Death

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? I try

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? I go to the DMV

~ What's the best cracker, overall? Ritz

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? Yum

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain.

**** Your fortune: You will get something on or in your shoe. You will dwop something on the floor. You just thought of Elmer Fudd.
Something to do: Sniff your junk mail...notice that it does smell! ****
[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 07:25 AM

30,525 posts, read 16,222,191 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes?

yes but don't know why.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it?

2004 Matrix, and yes.

~ Approximately what color is it?

Toyota calls it silver. I call it gray. Reality, it's more of a Pennsylvania mud brown.

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now?

yup.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before?

way too often.

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has:

AWD, cruise control, a few other thingies I don't use.

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day:

I don't think the last crappy day has happened yet

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'?

nope.

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o:

Yul Brinner

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'?
used to way back when.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color:

Plums. I don't like eating them but the color contrast between peel and inside is rather nice.

~ Are you truly afraid of anything?

yes

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'?

does anybody actually have a bucket list?

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court?

license has to be done in person because of the photo. Registration by mail.

~ What's the best cracker, overall?
animal crackers. especially the chocolate ones.

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese?

a definite yum!

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title:

Joni Mitchell Big Yellow Taxi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bdMSCdw20

thanks, Roosty.

a pleasure as always.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:36 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? Yup and Yup

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? Chevy S 10 and Pontiac Rendezvous

~ Approximately what color is it? Red Chevy and white Rendezvous

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? Kind of

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? Yup. And a few of those times I was in a dump truck with a plow clearing roads

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: In the Rendezvous, A/C, sunroof. In the S10, manual windows and a broken A/C which suits me fine

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: Past couple days. Wife's health hasn't been good

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? Nope

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: Have no idea

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? I did. Haven't seen it in years

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: Have no idea what this means

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? Not really.

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? I guess

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? At the courthouse

~ What's the best cracker, overall? Saltines with some good peanut butter on them

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? Meh

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: One Eye, One Horned Purple People Eater

Old 08-31-2018, 08:39 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? - Hmm.. Yeah, every time it makes a clunking noise it tells me that I need to take it to the shop.... or when it doesn't make any noises after I turn the key, I think that means the battery is dead..

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? - The last time I checked, I had a Nissan Frontier 4x4 truck, and a Honda Pilot All-wheel-drive SUV.

~ Approximately what color is it? - The last time I checked, the truck is a dusty dark green, and the SUV is a dusty red.. They both need to be washed..

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? - You can say that again.. unless you live somewhere in the southern hemisphere..

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? - Hmm.. Yeah, when my truck broke down in a town called Snow..

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: - No payments...

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? - Nah.. Every time I see a Blue Tooth, I use a strong mouthwash, or go to a dentist..

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: - LOL.. You're asking the wrong person...

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? - Nah.. I left it to other family members to watch..

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: - Oh boy.. Most fruits are picked long before they are tree-ripened, I like "Red" mangoes when they're red, but unfortunately, the ones I've seen in the market are Green...

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? - Hmm.. I'm afraid to answer this question...

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? - Yeah.. I did clean up the mess after I spilled the bucket...

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? - Uhh.. I had to wenew the huntin' license so I can get that wascally wabbit... - I renew vehicle registration online.

~ What's the best cracker, overall? - Uhh.. I like Twisket Cwacker.. Oh wait.. we're not talking like Elmer Fudd anymore.. <ahem> Triscuit Crackers.

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? - Neutral..

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: - I'll list some of my favorites.. Black Night (Deep Purple), In The White Room (Cream), Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix), Black Dog (Led Zeppelin), The Red & The Black (Iron Maiden), The Lady Wore Black (Queensryche) Lady Red Light (Great White), I saw Red (Warrant), Red Hot (Motley Crue)..

**** Your fortune: You will get something on or in your shoe. You will dwop something on the floor. You just thought of Elmer Fudd.
Hmm.. The only thing I'll get in my shoes are my feet... - My Junk mail always smells like Shredder/Shredded Paper..

Thanks Rainroosty, enjoy your Fryday everyone.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:53 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? Just the usual.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? I have a Toyota Corolla, 2010, with 116K miles on it.

~ Approximately what color is it? Not approximately--it is called "Blazing Blue".

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? It is TODAY.
We've had mid-to-high 90s with thick humidity all week long. Today it is raining and in the 70s. Hallelujah.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? Yes.

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: A CD player.

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: January of 2016. I was laid up unable to walk after a fall down the stairs, and my daughter's roommate called to say she was in the hospital 180 miles away and I couldn't get there.

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? No.

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: Emmylou Harris

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? Yes, in reruns mostly

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: The sun colors of a peach

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? Losing my only child. I don't dwell on it, though.

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? I've known people who have. I did. Still making the list, though.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? Prefer online, but last time I lost the code I got in the mail so I had to go to the office. It's close by.

~ What's the best cracker, overall? Oh, I love crackers. Too many to pick just one.

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? Yum.

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: "Little Red Balloon." My niece, the daughter of my deceased brother, played this at her wedding and released red balloons, making us all cry.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:54 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
[quote=rainroosty;52959038]~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? No, but I could probably get heavily into denial if I heard any.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? Toyota Corolla, yes.

~ Approximately what color is it? metallic grey

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? Yes, but I hope we have our usual warm Autumn.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? As a teenager, but not for long.

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: some guidance thingie that I have never used, a CD player (which died last week)

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: A week ago Monday I had a simple operation, but I have an exceeding bad attitude about captivity.

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? No, I tell myself I'm going to find out about it, but thus far there that has yet to turn into action.

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: Any guy (not in prison) with a shaved head.

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? No

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: Bought maracujá for the first time in years, nice color.

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? Getting attacked by unleashed dogs...they tend to get very agitated by people with canes and crutches.

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? A married couple that are friends really do.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? My accountant does it on the net.

~ What's the best cracker, overall? I haven't had crackers in ages, but Cheez-its

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? Meh

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: in 1956 Frank Sinatra conducted an orchestra in an album Tone Poems of Color.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Sinatra_Conducts_Tone_Poems_of_Color

That reminds me, I need to check the dirty laundry basket.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:10 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Lady Red Light (Great White) I'll include the video. I miss the good music from 1980s, because it was Music, unlike the stuff they produce today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SWaPx0I9xE

Old 08-31-2018, 09:12 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,928,927 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes?
Yes, it is the normal car noise when it gets turned on.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it?
A dependable car that gets me to where I want to go safely, so I like it.

~ Approximately what color is it?
A boring beige; the metallic part of the color makes it tolerable.

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now?
I am indifferent to the weather for the most part. I like all of the weather throughout the year where I live.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before?
Yes, but just a couple times in my 45 years of driving up north.

Rear window wiper.

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day:
Yesterday because of a cold. I binged-watched a few episodes of the Finnish crime drama TV show, Deadwind on Netflix... guilt free.

I have never used it.

Albert Einstein

Yes I did; good show.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color:
Juice

~ Are you truly afraid of anything?
Yes

Yes

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court?
I go to the office. Where I live it is always smooth sailing to take care of business there.

~ What's the best cracker, overall?
Blue Diamond Nut Thins - all flavors

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese?
YUM!

Pink Cadillac - it is the only Bruce Springsteen song I enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PeT6aeytU

Here's some other Pink Cadillac news pertaining to the funeral of Aretha Franklin:
https://www.npr.org/2018/08/29/64287...klin-s-funeral

Thanks rainroosty! Groovy day wishes everybody and be safe out there!

Last edited by geebabe; 08-31-2018 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: link

Old 08-31-2018, 09:34 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? [COLOR="blue"]Yes. It might be the struts.[/color]

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? We own two cars, neither of which is new. Lexus and Honda.

~ Approximately what color is it? Dark gray Lexus and silver Honda.

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? Yes, but I always hate to see summer fly by. Winters are very dreary.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? Yes, but not for long.

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: Can’t remember.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: Pomegranate seeds

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? yes.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? Online last year.

~ What's the best cracker, overall? Triscuit

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? It makes great pimiento cheese

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: Deep Purple

Old 08-31-2018, 09:39 AM

38,891 posts, read 22,875,846 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? Nothing unusual.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? Toyota Corolla. I LOVE it!

~ Approximately what color is it? Silver

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? After the unusually hot and humid weather we had, a resounding YES!

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? What's snow?

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: Air conditioning.

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: Several years ago at a former job.

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? Never

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: Tina Turner

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? Only watched it in reruns very sporadically.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: Peach

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? A few things.

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? Only the ones with the time and/or money.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? Online for both. I will NOT go to the local DMV unless I have an appointment in advance.

~ What's the best cracker, overall? Those chicken-flavored ones are really tasty.

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? Yum!

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: Blue Bayou, Blue Velvet, Tie a Yellow Ribbon ('Round the Old Oak Tree).

Have a happy and fabulous Friday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics