Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 09:50 AM

2,515 posts, read 1,711,672 times

Advertisements

Great salad bar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 11:00 AM

3,097 posts, read 1,706,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? Not usually, and when it does he usually figures it out.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? KIA Soul, and we love it.

~ Approximately what color is it? Silver

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? No! It feels like early fall here already - too big of a drop in temps.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? Yes

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: CD player, thumb drive port.

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: Been a while. Yesterday was NOT a good day for me but I wouldn't call it quite crappy.

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? Nope

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: Penelope Cruz. Loved her long almost-black hair.

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? Yes.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: Chinese Dragon Fruit

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? Yes

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? I've already done a few.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court?

~ What's the best cracker, overall? Don't know. My favorite was a corn cracker by Country Club but they stopped making it years ago.

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese?

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: White Sportscoat and a Pink Carnation

[/b][/color]
Thanks, Roost! Hope all is well!

Old 08-31-2018, 11:00 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,989,620 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes?
The old SUV was making some new old noises and I just traded it in for a new one that makes new noises.........
~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it?
Toyota Highlanders SUVs ,,,, yes I like it very much so
~ Approximately what color is it?
Sandy Beach (Lite gold) and the new one is white
~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now?
yes

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before?
Years ago with company vehicles while trying to work during heavy snow storms

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has:
A/C cools the inside down very nicely

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day:
I don't think of the crappy days I like to focus on the good ones.

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'?
Yes

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o:
No one comes to mind..................

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'?
It was ok years ago but I don't spend time watching tv much.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color:
Never spent time looking at color of fruit.

~ Are you truly afraid of anything?
scorpions

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'?
I don't know of anyone who has............

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court?
registration by mail, DL go to DMV

~ What's the best cracker, overall?
Nabisco club crackers

Only on bagels thank you

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title:
Green River

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5V9nK7-OkM

Old 08-31-2018, 11:25 AM

24,638 posts, read 26,196,376 times
Nothing unusual.

2008 Saturn Outlook and 2018 Chevy Equinox. And yes I like them.

Saturn is white, Chevy is a kinda mettalic brownish.

Yes

No

The Chevy is a WiFi hotspot, bluetooth and Apple Play.

1st Friday in April 2018.

Sure

I have no idea.

I did.

The inside of a kiwi fruit.

Yes

Dunno for sure.

Registration and tags at AAA, License at DMV.

Keebler Club

I'm Mr Blue

Thanx Roosty, cool Q's.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:26 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,860,251 times
[quote=rainroosty;52959038]~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes?
My car is dead again. I only drove it once in almost 4 months.
I have an 02 Celica GTS with 63k miles on it and yes I still love it. I miss driving but I had to up my meds again.
It's silver.
We have some nice weather now but it's going to be hot again soon.
Oh sure. Many times.
Sun roof and 6 speed manual trans.
It would be easier to ask me when I haven't had a crappy day the last 3 months.
Nope

Sure. Loved it.
Seeds. I was just reminiscing with our neighbor about spitting water melon seeds off of the front porch with her shortie that is now grown, a police officer in our town, and has a shorty of her own. Sigh.
Cancer.
Not all of them I'm sure. I really want to be up close in a cage of course to a great white. We saw The Meg yesterday and it made me want to do it all the more. We were the only ones in the theater. It was great!
Mail in with check.
White cheddar Cheez its.
Yum. I like it on toast as well as bagels and in stuffed french toast.

Am I blue. Annette Hanshaw Love listening to it on the old phonograph.

**** Your fortune: You will get something on or in your shoe. You will dwop something on the floor. You just thought of Elmer Fudd.
Something to do: Sniff your junk mail...notice that it does smell! ****

Ewww lol roosty. Yes I drop things all the time. I have to pick up these pegs with a tool with my left hand and put them in a hole in therapy. I'm right handed so it's super awkward and a lot of them fall on the floor. Doh!

Old 08-31-2018, 12:16 PM

100,215 posts, read 4,518,614 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? Don't own a car.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? n/a

~ Approximately what color is it? n/a

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? Our summers are cool, and Sept and Oct are usually a bit warmer. Looking forward to chilly weather in late fall.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? Yes, in the Sierra on a bus from SF to Reno on Halloween!

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: n/a

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: Nothing compared to what others go through.

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? No

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: No one comes to mind.

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? Yes I did.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: Pomegranate seeds

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? Yes

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? I think some of them do. It's fun to make the list even if you never get around to doing those things.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? I went to the DMV in June and waited 5 hours to renew my license.

~ What's the best cracker, overall? Wasa crispbread crackers

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? Can take it or leave it.

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: Blue Eyes (Elton John), Bad Bad Leroy Brown (Jim Croce)

Old 08-31-2018, 01:06 PM

7,998 posts, read 5,437,557 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? There are a few beeps I am still trying to find out---all part of the eyesight package on my car.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? 2018 Subaru Impreza Hatchback

~ Approximately what color is it? White

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? I am looking forward to it.

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: Car Play

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: There is something good in every day

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? I think my car hooks up with bluetooth when I have it plugged in

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? Yes

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? My sons being hurt

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? YES! I have done many things on my Bucket List. I have had to fill it up again.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? Online

~ What's the best cracker, overall? No opinion

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: 99 Red Balloons

Have a wonderful evening!

Old 08-31-2018, 01:53 PM

4,719 posts, read 3,296,300 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes?..........No

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it?..........We have multiple vehicles. The most unique one is a 2010 Ford Shelby Mustang. It’s a fast car. We get it out for a spin every now and then.

~ Approximately what color is it?.............Metallic gray with white stripes.

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now?..........Depends on how cool it gets.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before?............Yes

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has:...........Leather seats and 6 speed.

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day:...........Yesterday

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'?.........Yes

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o:...............I don’t know how famous they are but some of the Pinterest models in the hair section have fantastic hair.

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'?........I’ve watched the reruns.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color:........Red ripe watermelon.

~ Are you truly afraid of anything?...........Yes, aging to the point I can’t control my life. Scares the heck out of me. I’ve seen too much dealing with aging parents and inlaws.

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'?...........I do when it comes to vehicles.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? .........I just renewed by mail this year. Most of the time I visit the local DMV office.

~ What's the best cracker, overall?............. Cheez-it crackers.

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese?..........Mixed with other ingredients, it’s a yum.

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title:...............Blue Ain’t Your Color.

**** Your fortune: You will get something on or in your shoe. You will dwop something on the floor. You just thought of Elmer Fudd.
Something to do: Sniff your junk mail...notice that it does smell! ****

Old 08-31-2018, 03:34 PM

21,687 posts, read 8,828,165 times
The car makes the normal noises a car makes, but it sometimes does a shuddering thing when I accelerate or even when I'm stopped. It's something to do with the transmission that I need to get fixed.
It is a Subaru Crosstrek, and I like it very much.
It is a color called "Jasmine Green Pearl." A light green with some silver-gray mixed in.
No, because we never had a summer. It's been chilly, overcast, foggy and breezy for weeks on end. I am looking forward to the warmer, sunnier weather we get in the fall.
My stepsister and I were snowed in at Lake Tahoe a few years ago. We had to wait a couple of days for the snowplow to reach our neighborhood.
Navigation, heated front seats, keyless ignition, moon roof, all wheel drive, emergency call button, Sirius XM.
Two weeks ago this Sunday I was supposed to go to an alumni reunion picnic. I was all excited and had my clothing all laid out and everything. But I woke up with unmistakable symptoms of a cold (scratchy throat, fatigue, cough and congestion). I had to spend the day flat on my back at home instead. I'm only just now starting to feel human again.
Yes, I have a wireless mouse and a set of wireless headphones.
Donald Trump (just kidding).
Yes, I did. Beav was about my age.
Pomegranate seeds.
Yes, I am afraid of heights, spiders and enclosed spaces.
Yes, me. I have done a couple of the things already, but I am realistic and accept that I will probably never finish the whole list.
Our DMV is an absolute nightmare, even the one closest to us that is outside city limits in the next county. A few weeks ago Mr. Bay had to go in personally to get tested and renew his license. He had to wait about three hours in line just to get into the building, and then it was another three hours of waiting before his number was called. I will have to go in personally next time, too, because by then I will be over 70. I'm dreading it.
That's hard to say because I like several different kinds. My favorites are Wheat Thins, Triscuits and Trader Joe's Everything cracker (with bagel toppings like onion, poppyseed, garlic, etc.). I also like Trader Joe's gorgonzola crackers. They are like potato chips. Once you have one, you can't stop.

Green Tambourine

Something to do: Sniff your junk mail...notice that it does smell! **** No, thanks.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 08-31-2018, 03:50 PM

9,794 posts, read 14,366,630 times
~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? 2017 Honda, 2 Door Accord. Love it!

~ Approximately what color is it? Bright red

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? Yes

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? Not since I was a teenager

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: GPS and all the bells/whistles that came with it

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: Can't remember any

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? Yes

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: Never noticed

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? Only once in awhile

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: Peach

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? I don't think so

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? "bucket list" is an irritating cliche to me.....So dumb! (just my opinion)

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? Our Motor Vehicle Dept. is about 2 miles away, so I drive. They're quick in there, no wait, and I'm in and out in 15 minutes.

~ What's the best cracker, overall? Lance Captain's Wafers, Peanut Butter & Honey

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? Yum, only if it's whipped cream cheese

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue, by Toby Keith
Thanks, RR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics