Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 05:06 PM

4,047 posts, read 2,920,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? === Other than the seatbelt chime, the motor and my sunglasses rattling in their holder? Nope.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? === Kia Soul+ and I love her.

~ Approximately what color is it? === Bright yellow -- I can always find her in the parking lot.

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? === I am, truly I am.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? === Oh sure, but not any more.

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: === Just the standard conveniences.

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: === Thankfully, it has been a long, long time.

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? === I don't, though my car has this feature. I don't talk on the phone when I'm driving because I find it too distracting.

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: === Justin Trudeau.

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? === I didn't. Don't think it was ever on NZ TV.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: === The inside of a passion fruit has an interesting mix of yellow, green, dark blue and touches of maroon.

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? === Snakes, natural disasters, dark city alleyways.

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? === I've been to most of my travel bucket list countries. And I'm enjoying a happy, healthy retirement so consider myself to be lucky.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? === Online whenever possible.

~ What's the best cracker, overall? === I love Milton's crackers.

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? === Definitely yum.

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: === Blue Velvet; Red Roses for a Blue Lady; Purple Rain; Yellow Submarine.

[/b][/color]
Thanks Roosty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 05:57 PM

14,895 posts, read 8,226,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes?

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it?
Chrysler Sebring convertible....yes
~ Approximately what color is it?
Silver
~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now?

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before?

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has:

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day:
Have had a few of those, here and there...been a few years though.
~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'?

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o:

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'?
I liked it when I was a little kid, haven't seen it in decades though.
~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color:

~ Are you truly afraid of anything?

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'?
Probably some
~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court?
~ What's the best cracker, overall?
The Veggie cracker or Sesame Cracker at the Deli up the street aways....don't recall the brand off hand.
~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese?
Yum
~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title:
Painted Black, Blue Bayou, Blue Kentucky Girl, Blue Moon of Kentucky, A Whiter Shade of Pale,
Green Green Grass of Home, Yellow Brick Road, Red Rubber Ball, Yellow Rose of Texas,
Black Velvet, blue suede shoes.

**** Your fortune: You will get something on or in your shoe. You will dwop something on the floor. You just thought of Elmer Fudd.
Something to do: Sniff your junk mail...notice that it does smell! ****
Happy Friday!

Old 08-31-2018, 07:30 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,437,660 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? Even my 21 year old F150 didn't make unusual noises or I would have known what it was.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? My current vehicle is a 2014 F150 4x4 Platinum. So far so good.

~ Approximately what color is it? I think it's called it a Tuxedo metallic black.

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? Not really because cold will be right behind it.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? Yep.

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: It would be much easier to list the features it doesn't have.

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: Today. My internet has been terrible all day, I had to reset Windows 10 in my desktop because iof a bad Windows update and the keyboard went out on my laptop. Still don't don't know if the reset will resolve the problem.

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? Yes but only because it's one of the features in the 2014 F150.

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: Sterling Holloway (1905-1992) - Actor

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? Often.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: Peach

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? Crowds.

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? I suppose so.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court?

~ What's the best cracker, overall? Nabisco saltines.

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese?

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: Yellow Rose of Texas.

Interesting questions Roosty. Thank you.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:20 PM

44,417 posts, read 20,177,379 times
~ Does your car make any noises and do you know their causes? I sometimes hear a noise from the trunk. I have a Styrofoam cooler that I keep there for perishable groceries, and sometimes it rubs up against something else in the trunk and makes that awful squeaky noise that only Styrofoam can make. If I hear it, I just turn up the radio.

~ What kind of car or truck or anything do you have...and do you like it? I have a 2015 Subaru Legacy 5i. Yes, I like it. It has a lot of safety features plus all-wheel drive, which help me feel safe.

~ Approximately what color is it? Silver/light grey.

~ Aren't you glad that cooler weather is not far off from now? Yes, very glad. We have had a brutal summer of almost relentless humidity and high temps. The humidity has been so high that even if the temp drops significantly it still feels oppressive out there.

~ Have you been stuck in the snow before? I've gotten my car stuck in snow in my driveway a couple of times, to the point where I had to ask someone to help push me out. My driveway is not paved, so it's really hard to shovel the snow down to the surface of gravel, dirt and grass.

~ Other than your radio...a feature that your vehicle has: Power sun roof.

~ Last time that you had a very, very crappy day: A few weeks ago; an extremely stressful day at work.

~ Do you ever use 'Bluetooth'? Yes. (At least I think that's what it's called when I use my cell phone in my car. I never make calls when I'm driving, but I've answered calls several times. The phone is synced with the car and I can talk on the phone hands-free. Also, if I receive a text message while driving the car thingy reads it aloud to me.)

~ A famous person that you think has hair that is neat-o: Don King.

~ Do/did you watch, on TV, 'Leave It To Beaver'? Used to love watching The Beav. Haven't caught an episode in the last few years, though.

~ Something that can be found in a fruit that is a really nice color: Ripe strawberries.

~ Are you truly afraid of anything? Yes. But I don't want to get depressed talking about it here.

~ Does anybody actually do the things that are on their 'bucket list'? Sure! I've done a few things on my list. The biggest was traveling to Europe. I'd wished for that all my life but never really thought I'd ever have the opportunity. But now that's been marked off my list.

~ Do you renew your license or registration via online or by dwiving (in honor of Elmer Fudd) down the woad to a Motor Vehicle office or Clerk of Court? Here in Indiana we can renew our driver's license online every other time. We can renew our registrations online every time except when it's a new registration and we need to take paperwork to the BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles). I take advantage of the online service whenever it's an option.

~ What's the best cracker, overall? Cheese-Its.

~ Yuck or Yum: cream cheese? Yum. Yum. YUM!

~ Name a song or songs with a color in the title: Song Sung Blue; Venus In Blue Jeans; Red River Valley.

**** Your fortune: You will get something on or in your shoe. You will dwop something on the floor. You just thought of Elmer Fudd. Hahaha. Always liked Elmer Fudd. He kwaks me up!
Something to do: Sniff your junk mail...notice that it does smell! **** Thanks for the super-fun Q's, roosty!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-03-2018 at 08:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics