Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:18 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Stayed up late so I have a feeling I may be sleeping in, so wanted to get the thread posted for all of you "early birds"
Todays ? was actually going to be Thursdays ? until I realized it was May Day
so here is what you would of been sharing yesterday when you answer

Todays question:

When yo have to be somewhere(other than work) are you
1. early
2. right on time
3. "yup (your name here) is late as usual" is frequently heard

Bonus question :
If you answered #3 do friends/family tell you the meeting time is 30 mins or more than it really is in hopes you will be on time

Just to be fair extra credit :
Have you ever told someone to meet you earlier than the real time in hopes that they will be on time ?

Today in history :
May 2 ,1853 - Franconi’s Hippodrome opened at Broadway and 23rd Street in New York City. The 4,000-seat facility opened in grand style for a hippodrome (an arena for a circus or games) with a chariot-and-ostrich race. -hmm anyone else thinking it should of been a hippo racing in the hippodrome

May 2, 1885 "Good Housekeeping" magazine is 1st published
May 2, 1919 1st U.S. air passenger service starts

Word of the day:
kismet \KIZ-met; -mit\, noun:
Destiny; fate.

Today is :
National Truffles Day - do you think they mean the chocolate ones or the underground ones
and
National Sibling Appreciation Day
and how can we not mention
National No Pants Day - why do I see this causing a certain someone to be sent you know where
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:23 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
ok going to answer then head off to bed

I am usually early if not on time

"Have you ever told someone to meet you earlier than the real time in hopes that they will be on time ?"

oh my yes lol
I have this one good friend where there is real time then there is joey time !!! It got to the point that I would tell him something started 1 1/2 hours before it did I was able to pull this off for about 3 years till he "busted" me

when I was living in NJ & DJing a lot my assistant was not the promptest person and I would tell him the events were at least 1 hour before they really were.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:44 AM

448 posts, read 1,050,246 times
I have a friend that swears she is never late for anything, but she always comes flying in at the very last moment. I lie when I tell her our golf tee times. If I make a 9am tee time, I tell her it is 8:45. She was a little annoyed I think, when she realized I do this.
truffles...I can live without them. I also am not a big chocolate fan in general....

Old 05-02-2008, 01:45 AM

7,913 posts, read 933,370 times
I am also early. I hate when people are late.

"Have you ever told someone to meet you earlier than the real time in hopes that they will be on time ?"

Yeah i use to do this all the time with one of my friends because she was always late but it didnt really work because she would still be really late.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:16 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,106,676 times
I am 1. or 2.
The only way I'd be late is if one of my legs fell off.

I don't manipulate people so I don't tell them false meeting times.
If I want to be with chaotic people, I take a book or magazine to read while I wait for them. If I don't want to be with them, I don't make plans that include them.

I'm AMAZED to learn -- May 2, 1919 1st U.S. air passenger service starts. WOW! Who knew it started so long ago?? Thanks, Karla!

Old 05-02-2008, 03:37 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
Always early. People I know who are consistantly late, especially family, I don't hang around for anymore. I think it's rude and I'm not going to miss out because they can't get their act together.

National No Pants Day ... hmm ... keeping mine firmly up and zipped and I hope my neighbors do too!

Old 05-02-2008, 04:49 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning all-Always early.

For years had to tell my mother the time for holiday meals was 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. earlier and then she just may show up on time.

Truffle day-chocolate or the other I'm on board.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:49 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,116,885 times

I am always on time...unless I am late...

Old 05-02-2008, 04:51 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,381 times
I hate to be late for anything, and I do not wait for people unless they call and say they are running late, has to be a legit reason for it.

[B]National No Pants Day - why do I see this causing a certain someone to be sent you know where.. Hhmmm, that wouldn't be the initials MM?? LOL[/b]

Old 05-02-2008, 05:32 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
I'm usually early ... sometimes very early ... sometimes ridiculously early!!

In that spirit, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my City Data friends a very Merry Christmas!!

Charley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics