Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 09:09 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times

Advertisements

Have u ever just wanted something are someone u know u just can't have. I mean it is just an impossibility and u have to live with the reality this thing just ain't never gone to happen. It sucks. Sometimes I feel just like that. For example, I am a mom I want my kid to call me if he is going to be late and I am beginning to think that's never going to be something he does... I don't want to argue are nag but it bothers me...

Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Have u ever just wanted something are someone u know u just can't have. I mean it is just an impossibility and u have to live with the reality this thing just ain't never gone to happen. It sucks. Sometimes I feel just like that. For example, I am a mom I want my kid to call me if he is going to be late and I am beginning to think that's never going to be something he does... I don't want to argue are nag but it bothers me...
((((SQ)))) I'm sorry! That would drive me crazy too. Mom's worry...AND, it's just common courtesy to call and let the person you live with know that you're going to be late!

Old 05-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
((((SQ)))) I'm sorry! That would drive me crazy too. Mom's worry...AND, it's just common courtesy to call and let the person you live with know that you're going to be late!
Yeah... it is just courtesy. I mean if u raise kids and they turn out to demonstrate qualities u find distasteful how can u excuse yourself from being at least partially the blame? Now I blame the X cause he got some of those qualities from him but me too Why is it an issue of manhood? Call! Thank you for your support.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:51 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Yeah... it is just courtesy. I mean if u raise kids and they turn out to demonstrate qualities u find distasteful how can u excuse yourself from being at least partially the blame? Now I blame the X cause he got some of those qualities from him but me too Why is it an issue of manhood? Call! Thank you for your support.
It was never an option to not call around here, we always told our kids where we were going, when we'd be back, and if we were going to be late (either of us) we let the kids know that, too. Also, we never went anywhere without leaving a note for the kids letting them know where we went and when we'd be back.

It was never acceptable, and still is NOT to not leave notes, call with notifications, etc. Someone had BETTER get a phone call or a text, whether it was me, their dad, their sister, their brother...etc. If you can't get through on one phone, you'd better not stop trying until you get through to SOMEone's phone! We don't just want to know that you'll be late, we expect to know WHY and where you are. That is just plain and simple house rules around here and there is no excuse for not making sure they're followed. Everyone has a cell phone charger in their vehicles, so "my phone was dead" is not an excuse either!

P.S. I do need to add something here SQ...it isn't as if my kids NEVER "forgot" to call, however, there were consequences. "You have a cell phone. There is no reason, whatsoever for you not calling if you're going to be late. Hand me the phone....NOW! Since we pay the bill and you seem to have no consideration for us and show responsibility in calling to inform us you'll be late. You will lose your cell phone for the rest of the week." Once....that's all it took. It was like torture. LOL

Last edited by beachmel; 05-27-2011 at 12:06 PM..

Old 05-27-2011, 04:10 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,807 times
Quote:
Someone once said, the way a man treats his mom will be the way he treats his wife. Hopefully that is not the case but maybe there is still time to point this inconsideration out to him. Then again, if it is inherent in him from his father, then you won't change him and you'll have to deal with it since he is your son.
Nowadays, there is also texting so even that would be something you could remind him of.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:08 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,790 times
Lids - plastic storage containers with missing lids.
Most of my lids are missing.
I cooked a pound of bacon in the oven this morning so it'll be ready to use during the weekend.
I went to get out one of my longer sized plastic storage containers to put the bacon into. I found 2 empty containers, no lids.
I carried the footstool from the family room to the kitchen and searched the entire upper cabinet. No lids.
I then searched the cabinet over the fridge. No lids.
I checked the cabinet where I keep all the baking tins, thinking maybe someone else put them there when unloading the dishwasher. No lids.
Ditto with 2 kitchen tools drawers, the corner cabinet, and all the other cabinets. No lids.
Suddenly I remembered something my husband said ---- "you mean you don't throw them away?"
It turns out that whenever he actually gets something to eat for himself (this only happens after I've gone to bed), he pops off the lid and throws it in the trash. After he's done eating, he leaves the container on the counter.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:29 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
2cold, that's grounds for murder...not a jury in the world would convict you!

Old 05-28-2011, 10:43 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
2cold, that's grounds for murder...not a jury in the world would convict you!
Ditto!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
It was never an option to not call around here, we always told our kids where we were going, when we'd be back, and if we were going to be late (either of us) we let the kids know that, too. Also, we never went anywhere without leaving a note for the kids letting them know where we went and when we'd be back.

It was never acceptable, and still is NOT to not leave notes, call with notifications, etc. Someone had BETTER get a phone call or a text, whether it was me, their dad, their sister, their brother...etc. If you can't get through on one phone, you'd better not stop trying until you get through to SOMEone's phone! We don't just want to know that you'll be late, we expect to know WHY and where you are. That is just plain and simple house rules around here and there is no excuse for not making sure they're followed. Everyone has a cell phone charger in their vehicles, so "my phone was dead" is not an excuse either!

P.S. I do need to add something here SQ...it isn't as if my kids NEVER "forgot" to call, however, there were consequences. "You have a cell phone. There is no reason, whatsoever for you not calling if you're going to be late. Hand me the phone....NOW! Since we pay the bill and you seem to have no consideration for us and show responsibility in calling to inform us you'll be late. You will lose your cell phone for the rest of the week." Once....that's all it took. It was like torture. LOL
Oh if it were that simple as taking his cell phone... I guess the reality is I have just not done a good job w/ this kid as a parent overall or at least the good stuff has not totally taken ahold. There were always character issues with this kid. Try as a might I could not get through and I am still at that same place. It began the day his dad was suppose to pick him up for his visitation and never called or saw him again till today. He will have to find away to make that into a positive for him I am just freaking tired. Now he doesn't look at it as I do. He sees it as my hovering and trying to micromanage his life he is of age. I suggested he move out so he can live exactly as he pleases... Well I guess some things just aint gonna happen

Old 05-28-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
Someone once said, the way a man treats his mom will be the way he treats his wife. Hopefully that is not the case but maybe there is still time to point this inconsideration out to him. Then again, if it is inherent in him from his father, then you won't change him and you'll have to deal with it since he is your son.
Nowadays, there is also texting so even that would be something you could remind him of.
U know it amazes me how much wiring may have to do with who we are and become. Well his dad was a productive law abiding citizen who served his community and was well respected in the eye of the public. I suppose that might be a consulation I don't know what to do. Parenting is not for the faint at heart. And thank God for mothers- we love best when it looks hopeless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics