Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Why do doctors/medical offices schedule appts where the patient is kept waiting way beyond their scheduled time? I just visited a doctor this afternoon and arrived 40 minutes early in hopes of seeing him early ... Not only did I not get in early, I was seen 40 minutes AFTER my scheduled time = 1 hr and 20 minute wait total!) I also have regularly scheduled appointments with my students and never have I ever kept them waiting beyond 10 minutes ... In fact, it is rare that I take them in later than a few minutes because I realize the value of their time and think it is so unprofessional to keep your appts waiting ... Why can't doctors/medical offices extend this same courtesy to their patients?

Also, why must folks stand up and block your view on a bus/train when there are PLENTY of seats available? I always worry about those folks losing their balance and falling on someone ... If there's no seats then yeah, they have to stand but what's the point if there are seats available? Big peeve of mine

Old 10-26-2012, 08:49 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
I agree with that. I used to have a doctor who always scheduled her patients but kept them in the waiting room for as long as over an hour from the promised time. I could never stop thinking, why did you schedule us for that time if you never even show up as expected and make us wait way too long?
Growing up, going to the eye doctor was literally a day-long event. This is because between the testing and waiting, it would literally take all day. We would schedule an appointment at 8:30 and that was usually on time, but then when I had to go back in after waiting for test results, then wait more, then go in for more test results, then wait more. We'd end up dropping by the optical for my glasses around 2:00 PM.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Unhappy omg

I was talking with a friend (out of town) about the election and that I had already sent my early mail in ballot to the county elections office. He told me that he hasn’t even received one from his county yet. It’s getting late folks…….. There are several states that have removed names from their lists for one reason or another. If you think you should be voting by mail, then you should have gotten that early ballot mailed to you by now. He is going to call the elections office of his county on Monday to see what happened. Worse case,,,,, it’s lost in the mail, however he’ll probably have to make a trip to the county office and vote in person with proper ID’s. They may not mail out a second ballot,,,, I don’t know. However if you want your vote to count you best have it your hands for early voting. And if you should have a ballot but didn’t get one, you MUST call and find out if your name is even on their list! There are lots of people who have been dropped and don’t even know it yet.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:22 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,090,894 times
How the heck do you go to a wedding at 1:30, the weddinhg reception at 4:00 pm, a different Halloween cook-out at 5:00 and yet a different Halloween party at 6:00 - all within a 25 mile range. And all are relatives or best friends. Someone is going to lose out! But think of the good food! ~~~~~Which to choose~~~~~

Old 10-27-2012, 07:03 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I was talking with a friend (out of town) about the election and that I had already sent my early mail in ballot to the county elections office. He told me that he hasn’t even received one from his county yet. It’s getting late folks…….. There are several states that have removed names from their lists for one reason or another. If you think you should be voting by mail, then you should have gotten that early ballot mailed to you by now. He is going to call the elections office of his county on Monday to see what happened. Worse case,,,,, it’s lost in the mail, however he’ll probably have to make a trip to the county office and vote in person with proper ID’s. They may not mail out a second ballot,,,, I don’t know. However if you want your vote to count you best have it your hands for early voting. And if you should have a ballot but didn’t get one, you MUST call and find out if your name is even on their list! There are lots of people who have been dropped and don’t even know it yet.
That's right, with Early Voting and by mail, there is no excuse not to vote. Early voting here till Nov. 3rd. It's so easy and no lines!!

Old 10-27-2012, 02:44 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Tas, they were saying here that one center had lines they expected to take 1.5 hours for early voting. Florida has 11 amendments to be voted on.

We're filling out what used to be called absentee ballots. Now, they're mail in ballots. Early voting here in Florida is done the same way as usual, just on different days than Election day.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:08 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
^^^
1.5 hours waiting in line…… It’s always best to have a list of what you want to vote on to take with you, making it easier and quicker to fill out the ballot while at the polling place.

If you ARE GOING to the polling location you want to verify if you’re still on the voting list, it seems that many states and location have “removed” voter names. Also check on where you are voting location is; the last several elections here we have had to go to different locations. They kept changing the locations and making it confusing.

Now I’m on the early mailing lists and there’s no problem. If you didn’t get a ballot CALL the elections office and find out why? DO IT NOW!

The good old days of voting are over!

Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
I'll find out soon enough if my new voting location is going to be stressful or easy since we moved. I do think next year I will get on the mail in list as well thanks for encouraging folks to vote.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:07 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,016 times
Irrational/confused people on CD. Yes, really. Why do you make me read your posts and come up with loony statements?

Old 10-28-2012, 06:37 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Tas, they were saying here that one center had lines they expected to take 1.5 hours for early voting. Florida has 11 amendments to be voted on.

We're filling out what used to be called absentee ballots. Now, they're mail in ballots. Early voting here in Florida is done the same way as usual, just on different days than Election day.
OMG now way!! I use to do the absentee ballots! Well that's Florida for ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^^
1.5 hours waiting in line…… It’s always best to have a list of what you want to vote on to take with you, making it easier and quicker to fill out the ballot while at the polling place.

If you ARE GOING to the polling location you want to verify if you’re still on the voting list, it seems that many states and location have “removed” voter names. Also check on where you are voting location is; the last several elections here we have had to go to different locations. They kept changing the locations and making it confusing.

Now I’m on the early mailing lists and there’s no problem. If you didn’t get a ballot CALL the elections office and find out why? DO IT NOW!

The good old days of voting are over!
The good ol days of EVERYTHING are over

Jaxson~~Hope it goes well with your voting place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics