Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 03:03 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times

Advertisements

A neighbor across the street put out his dry old Christmas tree out for trash pickup today wrapped in a big plastic bag. He put it out after the trash men had already come by, and it's windy today. (Its always windy on trash day as the universe has a sick sense of humor.) Of course, he didn't weigh the bag down or put it in a trashcan or anything.

Guess whose house it blew in front of? Now it's outside the front of my house and I can either deal with it or potentially face a fine from my homeowner's association. We only get trash pickup once a week, and items that don't fit in the cans twice a month, so I guess I'm stuck with it unless I want to be a real jerk and take it back the his house or leave it out there to blow into someone else's yard.

He was also running his noisy leaf-blower at 5:45 AM which is why I saw him take the tree out in the first place.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:32 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I think I'm calmer now as I did some research about ER bills and how you can try and negotiate with the hospital regarding the bill. I wish that I took my chances and waited the next day to visit urgent care but I seriously was afraid that my foot would rot or something as it got so swollen and red from whatever bit me. Now I'm gonna have to negotiate to see if I can get this reduced. Apparently, they already billed my insurance so I need to get an itemized statement and, hopefully, I can spot some errors that will help me in negotiating a lower bill. I don't think a shot is worth $681 apiece so something's not right about this bill. I already paid the physician so it can't be for his diagnosis. (sigh)
If it was swollen and red like that you did the right thing by going to get it checked out quickly. You never know what type of reaction you might have had or if it could have been worse. You did the right thing!

Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 AM

Unhappy Up Early :-(

My security alarm went off early this morning and caused me to be up at 2:30am. Not happy about that! After spending time looking at the playback on the DVR monitor of the cameras I called the police about the guy who was going around getting into vehicles at my neighbor’s house. Now I can’t get back to sleep so I’ll enjoy the morning as best I can.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 AM

180 posts, read 475,263 times
My ex recently cheated on me and kicked me to the curb. He tries to justify what he did as it not being wrong. He's such a lazy, narcissistic person. After everything i have done for him. You will never be able to change those kind of people's way of thinking, and it's so frustrating. Now that he has tried out for America's Next Top Model, there is no stopping his vain and vapid ego. I just can't stand him, however, I have forgiven him and wish him best of luck...... Even though he send's out messages to every guy on websites saying would they like to f**k. (rhymes with truck)...I hope he is at least doing it safely.
wow, I feel better. lol

Old 01-09-2013, 12:05 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
I think I'm calmer now as I did some research about ER bills and how you can try and negotiate with the hospital regarding the bill. I wish that I took my chances and waited the next day to visit urgent care but I seriously was afraid that my foot would rot or something as it got so swollen and red from whatever bit me. Now I'm gonna have to negotiate to see if I can get this reduced. Apparently, they already billed my insurance so I need to get an itemized statement and, hopefully, I can spot some errors that will help me in negotiating a lower bill. I don't think a shot is worth $681 apiece so something's not right about this bill. I already paid the physician so it can't be for his diagnosis. (sigh)
So I called the number provided for the ER bill and was advised that just to visit the ER is 1800??!! - Any services I received is extra. I'm really frustrated now. I guess ER visits are a luxury that very few can afford and now wish that I just waited and visited urgent care. I just saw a spider in my home yesterday and wasn't able to kill it. Now I worry about this crap happening again as I'm terrified of spiders and don't like the idea that a little insect can cost me all this money.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:39 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
So I called the number provided for the ER bill and was advised that just to visit the ER is 1800??!! - Any services I received is extra. I'm really frustrated now. I guess ER visits are a luxury that very few can afford and now wish that I just waited and visited urgent care. I just saw a spider in my home yesterday and wasn't able to kill it. Now I worry about this crap happening again as I'm terrified of spiders and don't like the idea that a little insect can cost me all this money.
I just did a wee bit of Google-wandering on the topic of repelling spiders. One person suggested those ultrasonic devices you plug into walls. Some say those don't work, I've used them and I think they work fine. But again perhaps it's because I moved into locations with pre-existing pests and my habits of cleanliness and sealing cracks and holes in the house were the real deterrent.

It is said by everyone, everywhere, to reduce clutter, sweep and vaccuum often (especially cracks and behind furniture etc), keep plants back away from the house if you can, keep outdoor lighting away from your house structure in the warm months (lights draw bugs, bugs draw spiders) and seal up cracks in the foundation, around windows, etc.

Some also suggested peppermint oil, or mustardseed oil, citrus oil, or cedar oil as possible natural repellants but those suggestions are just from random people, not organizations or scientific communities. It is not recommended to use chemical pesticides as a repellant, as most of the time it won't kill or bother spiders unless sprayed DIRECTLY on them.

Also beware the tendency to incorrectly identify brown recluse spiders. Since the media showed us the nature of these beasties and their necrotic bites, many people think and say that they've seen them in their homes. Most people have not. There is a common house spider that is IDENTICAL to the brown recluse unless examined under a microscope to see the layout of their eyes. Most of what people see, are these house spiders which are generally harmless. I would only be afraid of a brown spider like that if I saw it in a place that is undisturbed and hidden away for long periods, such as a shed or storage area. It is the hallmark of this species that they like dark, undisturbed spots the most.

I won't get started on the ER...I could rant all day about that!!

Good luck with all of this!

Old 01-10-2013, 07:49 AM

For some reason my new pot of coffee that I made is bitter this morning! This is NOT the way to start my day………………

Old 01-10-2013, 07:53 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,221 times
AksarbeN, I was wondering where my hot chocolate mix went this morning! You put it in the damn coffee maker!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Nervous about having my wisdom tooth removed tomorrow

Old 01-10-2013, 03:22 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,143,332 times
I am so upset at my pets. I have always been an animal lover but I'm at the point now that when they pass on I will be done. They are starting to destroy the house and its constant carpet cleaning, washing, repainting, replacing rugs and so on. Each of them have developed some sort of new behavorial problem. They are all at the age that they shouldnt be doing this stuff. Im just spent. My husband has never been animal lover but has put up with the pets because I enjoy them so much. Now he is getting more angry and we are arguing over the pets now. If I find a mess before he does, I find myself not telling him about it. I have been reading books and articles on how to deal with the latest behavioral problems but Im at a loss or just when I think I can work out an issue with one animal, another starts acting up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics