Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 12:12 AM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times

Advertisements

My vent (or rant) for the day is about people who can't stay on topic in discussion forums. Not just here but everywhere! A thread might be about global warming and somehow, one person has to blame a political party for it. Then, someone else comes along, takes that comment, quotes it and responds with a counter-argument. And we're off and running! Before long, the entire thread has nothing to do with global warming and everything to do with which political party is to blame. It's very frustrating when people won't stay on topic.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:39 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
My vent (or rant) for the day is about people who can't stay on topic in discussion forums. Not just here but everywhere! A thread might be about global warming and somehow, one person has to blame a political party for it. Then, someone else comes along, takes that comment, quotes it and responds with a counter-argument. And we're off and running! Before long, the entire thread has nothing to do with global warming and everything to do with which political party is to blame. It's very frustrating when people won't stay on topic.
Sometimes I'm reading something interesting and pretty soon I totally forget what the topic is! Sometimes i want to say something but know it will be totally misconstrued so I just laugh and go on.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Sometimes I'm reading something interesting and pretty soon I totally forget what the topic is! Sometimes i want to say something but know it will be totally misconstrued so I just laugh and go on.
Happens alot in the Automotive forum. The Mods need to step it up.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:19 PM

3,399 posts, read 3,091,356 times
I am so totally frustrated at the Illinois Legislators.....the pension plans for state workers and teachers have been underfunded for years and now the pension plans have a shortfall of 96.8 billion. The lame duck legislators didn't act on it....but instead took off and went about their merry way.....and they are some of the highest paid legislators in the nation. A few years ago they even skipped two years of funding pensions. But they sure pass our income tax increases in a timely manner.....over and over again.

This state is on the verge of bankruptcy. My hubbies' pension will not be there when he is old enough to draw it. Dang.....

Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
That'll happen as long as there are people that think either the Republicans or the Democrats are going to fix their lives. They're going to be waiting a long time...

Old 01-13-2013, 08:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
That'll happen as long as there are people that think either the Republicans or the Democrats are going to fix their lives. They're going to be waiting a long time...
So agree with you ... Neither party, I've come to discover, really cares about what's best for this country.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:41 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
It's a country run by lobbyists and corporations! Get them out of Washington and things can change.

Foreign money paid for some of those lobbyists, and we even had a politician who has much of his money offshore! OFFSHORE where he doesn’t pay taxes on it.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:45 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Back on topic,,,, I'm too cold with this weather that moved into our state!

Old 01-14-2013, 12:25 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,123,568 times
Since this is a : "stress and venting thread"..................I am going to vent a little:
...One of my pet peeves is when someone "crys and moans" about the financial status of the state in which they live....typical examples include: CA: IL: and many others.

Suggestions:

...Vote your existing legislators out of office.
...Join a political group that feels as you do and become "'part of the solution and not just one who complains but does nothing positive to bring about change".
...do some homework on your computer and discover which states are doing a "good job" regarding their "state budget" and how they end up with a "budget surplus year after year" like we do here in MT.. Very few do!!!
.....NOTE: We also DO NOT have any State Sales Tax ........yep, not a bad state to live in.........IF YOU HAVE A GOOD JOB.....like guns...enjoy hard work....can handle cold weather (6 below right now).....and "observe, listen and learn" from the "old timers in your area".............and by all means, don't even think of moving here WITHOUT HAVING a permenant job lined up first.

..........Example: Montana!! Just happens to be my state of residency for the last 33 yrs out of 81 .
>>>>>>For the last 7 years it has had a BUDGET SURPLUS------
>>>>>>For 2011 is was 433 MILLION $.
>>>>>>For physical year ending June 2013 it is projected to be 412.5 MILLION $.
>>>>>>Oh yeah...almost forgot. For the year ending June 2012 the budget Surplus was 457.1 MILLiON $.

Some years we have even received a "TAX REBATE CHECK" from our state government:..one example 2007 it was $400 and 2009 it was $ 250.

Hope everyone has a good year in 2013.....................I know I will...

Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
This is the "Politics" forum right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics