Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2011, 05:19 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,041,992 times

Advertisements

Folks who say they will help you with something but fail to return your phone calls.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:46 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,913,740 times
Other drivers in "parking lots" who talk and their cell phones and end up hitting your parked car! I couldn't believe it, looking at a young teenager who smacked another guys car while she was driving up and down the parking lot and talking on the cell phone. What's wrong with people, are they that crazy to think they can drive & use the phone? I'm just glad that I was away from her and was missed.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:40 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,280,050 times
THe idiot lawmakers here in FLorida won't even consider banning drivers from talking while driving. They say it's impossible to control. Uh huh.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:22 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,339,808 times
I was in the children's department at a very respectable store looking at little girls undies (NOT preteen/) They had a pair of panties that had a picture of popcorn with the word spelled out underneath and the word "SHOW TIME" on the back. I asked the sales lady why do they have such suggestive underwear for children and she said it sells, but it also made her sick. Of course I didn't purchase any of those. I bought the ones with ruffles. I am so disturbed by this acceptance of making our little girls sexual objects before their out of kindergarden. Why isn't preserving the innocence of our children a priority? What's next thongs for toddlers??? I understand if ur in business ur in it to make money, but it should not be at the expense of every moral value. Well that is my vent for today.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:17 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,055,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I was in the children's department at a very respectable store looking at little girls undies (NOT preteen/) They had a pair of panties that had a picture of popcorn with the word spelled out underneath and the word "SHOW TIME" on the back. I asked the sales lady why do they have such suggestive underwear for children and she said it sells, but it also made her sick. Of course I didn't purchase any of those. I bought the ones with ruffles. I am so disturbed by this acceptance of making our little girls sexual objects before their out of kindergarden. Why isn't preserving the innocence of our children a priority? What's next thongs for toddlers??? I understand if ur in business ur in it to make money, but it should not be at the expense of every moral value. Well that is my vent for today.
Isn't it disgusting Then there's the whole 'toddlers and tiara' thing makes me sick.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:40 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,041,992 times
Quote:
A very good vent, SQ .... I am disgusted by all this sexual-oriented marketing towards our children AND teenagers. I've seen the Playboy bunny on children's clothing and that is just so wrong!

Old 10-16-2011, 03:44 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,404,358 times
Quote:
Hmm, very true. Protest! But no seriously, I love children and it saddens me that we would design, make, and buy these kind of clothes for them when we protest negative images.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:47 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,913,740 times
^^^^ The only real thing that will make a difference is to write the corporate office of the store and tell them you’re disappointed in their retailing of this product. Also it can’t hurt to tell that store manager to take the item off the shelves or displays or you and others will be shopping elsewhere.

A strong voice always helps!

Old 10-16-2011, 06:40 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,836,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
Isn't it disgusting Then there's the whole 'toddlers and tiara' thing makes me sick.
Sexualizing little girls is just inexusable. Toddlers and tiaras makes me sick too.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,920,002 times
Stupid friends that say they fractured their wrist and say they can go shopping as planned,(which is understanding) until I saw your FB that you went out! Damn two face b|tch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics