Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 05:08 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,429,145 times

Advertisements

Aks, meant to post last night regarding your sister. You know you are in my prayers. Hopefully you will have some news today.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:19 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,932,891 times
Yesterday was a nice cool day where I could go up into the attic and check out a problem or issue I felt needed some attention. Can’t go into attics here during the summer time it’s so hot. Anyway,,, I found the issue and what might be causing my problem, so now I’ve need to call the company who put the new roof on earlier this year and see what he thinks he needs to do to resolve my concerns. I hate dealing with companies that have to come back and check or fix this or that.

I’ve also got a few extra aches and pains from climbing up in there.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:46 PM

861 posts, read 1,459,325 times
Sick of this "warm" weather in my area. Some people are acting like it's so wonderful or something.

I want it to be freezing cold and drizzly.

Another thing I'm sick of are all the stupid reality shows on television, especially Jersey Shore.

And the last one... the high and rising costs of groceries.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 AM

another letter from SSA for Mrs Aks came yesterday. Now we get to go back (again for the 4th time) to their office and see why they can't figure out the problem and each time they work with it they make it worse with yet another error.

You can call on the phone but they can't help you, you can go to their office and they fix it but when it goes back to the home office back east they screw it up again and again...........

Old 12-04-2012, 05:50 PM

861 posts, read 1,459,325 times
I hate fake people who pretend to be your friend when they're really not.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:51 PM

Unhappy I didn't think I'd ever see it

Well it started today with the first of what will be many Christmas cards arriving. Not that it’s a bad thing, but this particular card that we received is NOT something that puts me into the Christmas mood or spirit. Maybe some of you others have received one like this but for me it’s a first.

One of the cousins of Mrs Aks sent a card with the picture of the family on the front of the postcard and a type of Christmas greeting. Everyone in the picture was standing in front of the horse stables and wore a dark bandana over part of their face, like what a bandit would ware. And everyone in the picture held rifles, shotguns and handguns for display, with a text message along the bottom of the postcard saying “Merry Christmas from our gang to yours”. I’m sorry but this isn’t making me feel warm and fuzzy with a Christmas spirit. It’s dumb! Just plain STUPID! And has NOTHING to do with Christmas………………………………..

Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,290,264 times
Good thoughts to you and your family, Aks.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,174,303 times
Im so tired of being the bad guy (Sorry this is a novel). We are planning a trip home this weekend to see family. We are doing an early holiday because Im working christmas and my husband and I both have demanding jobs with little work/life balance. Now normally we dont go home at all during the holidays but I bought my mom a special present that would require a fortune in shipping costs. Much cheaper to make the 4 hr drive and spend some time with her. My mom is single and a bit lonely and she was thrilled when I told her I managed to get a long weekend off work and would be coming to visit. I took off thursday - sunday. I planned on leaving thursday and having my son take off friday from school. Then my husband said he might get the weekend off and then it would be a family affair. awesome. So it changed to now we are leaving friday evening, obviously cutting the trip back but its been a while since we all took a small trip together. Then my husband gets word he might have to work anyway. So back to Plan A.

Its been back and forth over the past couple of days. Everyday Im not sure if its all of us going or just my son and I. This stresses me out because Im the planner. If we all go, then I need to buy a cargo box because we have 2 dogs now. If my husband doesnt go then the dogs will stay home. I dont really want to go out and buy a cargo box and then find out my husband has to work. Those things are not cheap. So Im basically waiting till the last minute on that purchase and then have the store install it on my car. So ive got that on mind on who is going, what to bring and so on.

Then my husband jumps the gun and tells his damn family we are coming. My in-laws are PITA. They never liked me and always treated me like an outsider. My husband is the only boy out of a large family. He has a very catty mother and sisters. His youngest sister has been my biggest headache, even some 20 yrs later. She always idolized my husband so when he met me, she acted like a jilted ex girlfriend. Its feels like high school all over again. They make little snide comments to me, are overly critical of everything I do, have started some outrageous gossip over the years. 20+ yrs of BS. Its really been trying and when we moved away from them all, it was pretty damn nice to be honest. They treat my son like a king so my son really enjoys being with my in-laws. I mean, what kid wouldn't want to be fawned over? My husband and son have similar personalities. They are both oblivious to catty women tactics. Since they are both adored they bask in the limelight not seeing all the BS I put up with. My husband confessed a few yrs ago he didnt realize how bad it was until my MIL crossed the line and told him exactly how she felt about me but then Im supposed to just suck it up and go to the next get together with a smile on my face. His excuse? They are a critical bunch that will never change. He has flipped out on them before due to their behavior. They bow their heads, apologize TO HIM and its all supposed to be smoothed over even though NO ONE has ever apologized to me directly.

So anyway...I walk in the door to hear the last tid bit phone conversation my husband was having with his mother of basically how they have taken over this weekend. They have planned a get together for most of saturday. So this leaves me a few hours on friday night with my mother. How nice. This originally was supposed to be about her and now what I want is getting snuffed out. I got mad and my husband and I had an argument about it. My son overheard and he is disappointed Im upset. My husband is upset that I got my son upset. So Im the bad guy. While still fuming about all this my mom called excited to let me know she went out and bought a roll away bed for my son to sleep on when we get there. Money she shouldnt have spent. So I had to tell her about the change in plans. She seemed crest fallen but said she was still looking forward to us coming. I got off the phone and told my husband that the all day saturday in-law fest would have to be cut back because I am spending most of saturday with my mother.

The kicker is my husband's job is famous for forcing him to come in anyway even after he had taken time off. They act like the place will fall apart if he isnt there. Great in this economy, Im not complaining its just now that he has told his family we are coming, I am expected to show up and spend time with them anyway. ya, took a long weekend off to be forced to spend time with people that dont like me. Wonderful. They fake it of course, pretend they like me. They drill me with questions so they can rip me apart later. I cant tell you how many times I have heard the gossip "falling water sure has put on some weight..." or "did you see what she wearing?" ....or..."wow, she sure likes to put a lot of dressing on her salad, how unhealthy"...its constant picking me apart BS. I have learned over the years to be vague about what is going on in my life but its hard. The last few trips my husband and I have divided our time between our families. This pisses off my MIL. She will make snotty comments to my husband about me not being there. Then he is irritable on the way home telling me all the crap his mother said about me, which only pisses me off. He doesnt have a good relationship with his mother at all so I think partly he needs to vent to me but I dont really want to hear about how disliked I am and then Im supposed to bend all my plans to include these people. But hey...Im the bad guy because Im annoyed that this planned trip is all now a freaking mess.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,174,303 times
I just wanted to say thank you to those that sent me reps and well wishes. Thanks for hearing me vent as we enter this crazy season!

We survived the trip. My MIL made only one snotty comment. When we showed up she asked one of the kids in the family if they remembered me. The kid is 12 and I saw her a year ago. Even the child gave my MIL a look and said, "of course grandma." I think my MIL might explode if she couldn't make at least one remark. We did a lot of driving, rushing from one person's house to the next. Very exhausting but over all was pretty good.

I got home, feeling relaxed and thinking it all went rather well. Then I found out through the grapevine my brother is angry that I didnt visit him. We only talk about once a year or sometimes every two years. He has never been very family oriented. He has no idea where I live (even though I have told him many times and offered that he visit me many times). He never saves my phone number and when once in a blue moon he wants to call me for something, he always says the same thing, " I dont have your new number." Oh... the one I have had for 6 yrs now? Okay. He drives right past my house when going to visit his own in-laws but will not stop. So apparently I was supposed to somehow squeeze him into my schedule even though he doesn't give me the time of day. So he flipped out on my mom and made her cry. Unbelievable.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,053,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to those that sent me reps and well wishes. Thanks for hearing me vent as we enter this crazy season!

We survived the trip. My MIL made only one snotty comment. When we showed up she asked one of the kids in the family if they remembered me. The kid is 12 and I saw her a year ago. Even the child gave my MIL a look and said, "of course grandma." I think my MIL might explode if she couldn't make at least one remark. We did a lot of driving, rushing from one person's house to the next. Very exhausting but over all was pretty good.

I got home, feeling relaxed and thinking it all went rather well. Then I found out through the grapevine my brother is angry that I didnt visit him. We only talk about once a year or sometimes every two years. He has never been very family oriented. He has no idea where I live (even though I have told him many times and offered that he visit me many times). He never saves my phone number and when once in a blue moon he wants to call me for something, he always says the same thing, " I dont have your new number." Oh... the one I have had for 6 yrs now? Okay. He drives right past my house when going to visit his own in-laws but will not stop. So apparently I was supposed to somehow squeeze him into my schedule even though he doesn't give me the time of day. So he flipped out on my mom and made her cry. Unbelievable.
Glad the weekend trip turned out ok. Sorry your brother was being a brat about you not visiting him and making your mom cry. If he wants you to visit him, then he really needs to put more effort into the sister/brother relationship ... At least that weekend is behind you and you can move forward to enjoying the holidays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics