Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 05:27 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times

Advertisements

When your short term memory clunks and rattles so that you must think hard about simple things, like did I just take that pill or not. While the old long term memory unit still hits data over and over that you'd like to purge from the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 06:48 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
I think you tire of routines... such as cooking... laundry and doing the dishes.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,253,141 times
I question myself a lot. Second-guessing. Do it all the time.

Wednesday, I made a big jug of mint tea. Saturday, I ran some in my quart jar to take to synagogue, and when I came home, there was mint tea all over the floor, all in the 'fridge, and one of the large door trays was full of mint tea. I was livid. At me. How could I be so stupid as to leave the tea jug runnning. Angry, I went to bed, to sleep it off, and I didn't wake up feeling any better about myself. This getting older stinks.

My husband came home, and I tried to be nice, but I fear I came across surly. And least moody. Perhaps just a senior citizen brat. I wasn't about to tell him how stupid I'd been, but I was thinking he would soon find out. After all, he drank more of the mint tea than I did.

Sunday morning, while he was at his church, I made more. Sneaky.

Still upset with myself, I checked and rechecked the jugs little faucet. It was off. Yes, I made sure! Then I took the old mint leaves out to throw them away.

When I came in, there was mint tea all over the floor. The 'fridge was already full, and the door's tray was already three inches deep with it. I quickly turned off the spiggot.

Now, this time, I was sure! Sure that I was sure! So holding the other door open, I closed the door nearest the jug of tea. Sure enough, as it closed, it hit the spiggot's handle just right, spilling tea.

Angry at losing more of the delicious tea, I was relieved to learn that i had not left the spiggot on! Felt a little better about myself! I'm not that forgetful! Yet!!

So I quickly started switching trays in the refrigerator door, until nothing came near to the height that would turn on the spiggot. Only then did I admit to my husband what I had done. I told him that it convinced me that sometimes, when we are so quick to accuse ourselves of "losing it," there is more likely an easy explanation. We shouldn't be so hard on ourselves.

Old? Not yet. I am just a baby senior citizen!

Old 07-17-2012, 08:58 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Old? Not yet. I am just a baby senior citizen!
Shoot I'm not in the senior category yet and I feel old most days anyway.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
You go to the C-D thread, "What Song Was Number 1 On The Day You Were Born" to check out the US, British and Canadian Number 1's on your birthdate and find out this, "Sorry - the information we have for the Canadian charts starts in 1957" you know, as if before then, they couldn't write the information down on THE CAVE WALLS!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:59 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You go to the C-D thread, "What Song Was Number 1 On The Day You Were Born" to check out the US, British and Canadian Number 1's on your birthdate and find out this, "Sorry - the information we have for the Canadian charts starts in 1957" you know, as if before then, they couldn't write the information down on THE CAVE WALLS!
I don't dare look Laura. It was probably someone like Rudy Vallee....

Old 07-18-2012, 11:41 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
When you hear music you listened to as a teen used in commercials to market insurance, upscale automobiles, etc.

I believe ad agencies do that on purpose to conjure up feelings of youthfulness so you associate the product with a "feel good" period in your life.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:41 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,485,615 times
I always think it is funny when my kids hear an old song on a commercial like that and like it and think it is a new song.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:51 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
U know I find restroom location is something I need to consider more when going places... And u could tell if guys are seriously trying to date ur or just take advantage of you- a skill I could have used when I was younger

Old 07-20-2012, 10:15 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
When you are watching TV and you first realize that all the up-and-coming talent is younger than you. This hits ya in your thirties. Now I see those little twerps and realize that I have grandchildren older than they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics