Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 11:25 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times

Advertisements

People who say they love u, but only for their own agendas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 12:13 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,817 times
OMG I called the SSI 800# to ask for some clarification on some Medicare questions I had. I got ahold of the rudest, nastiest, most condesending little putz I have ever talked to. I will withhold HER name at the moment. I tried to tell her I just wanted some information and this little b**** just kept butting in and saying to me in a very rude way "I just need YOU to understand this". She would not even listen to me. I could not even get my questions nor responses out. I tried in the nicest way possible to tell her that this was stressful and confusing to me would she please listen to me before she gave her response..nope she just kept blabbing way. I am usually very patient but this time I lost it finally just hung up on her which I never ever do. Having worked for more years than she has probably been alive, in customer service I always tried to at least shut the H*** up and listen to the customers side of an issue before I dove into the whys and wherefores of an issue. Believe me when I find my password to SSI online they will get a very nasty email from me. Boy am I ever P*****!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 12:35 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,251,590 times
I have not *yet* won the lottery! Darn it all!!!

Old 09-10-2011, 04:38 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Obnoxiously large breast implants.

What is it with some of these women, they look like comic book freaks some of them. I aint' down with that.

I'm not talking something tastefully done, I'm not even really down that either, but to each their own, although I understand more women are doing it to make themselves feel better and for their clothes to fit a little better.

Like Lou Rawls says

"I'm a natural man"

Old 09-11-2011, 09:20 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
How some peops are so wrapped up in themselves. Talk about a selfish, self-absorbed person. OMG! It's all about them and them ONLY. Screw everyone else!! lol.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:22 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Inflexible store clerks (and other customer service reps) ...

I went to a gas station convenience store earlier today and purchased a bottled soda. As the lady was placing the soda into the bag, it fell out of her hands and landed on the counter. Since I was about to open that soda, I asked for another bottle. She looked confused and shook her head and said "no". I asked again explaining that I was going to drink the soda and did not want it exploding when I opened it. She repeated no. After being insistent, she called her manager who willingly allowed me to grab a replacement bottle.

BTW: I so agree with you Chowhound and Spinx ... Unions and their entitled employees get on my nerves ... During my brief civil service career, I saw a lot of things that just turned me off of unions altogether as all they do is stir up discontent and insubordination. Those teachers who were complaining about $50 for their health insurance must have never tried to obtain health insurance on their own ... I'm currently without as I cannot afford $400+ premiums for "preexisting conditions" that I no longer need treatment for... Wish I could get health insurance for $50 and a stable job.
lol Chat. Some people are so ignorant and just plain clueless. Head in the sand mentality!

Old 09-11-2011, 12:21 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
People who really liked you years ago in high school and now are telling you about it on Facebook. What can I do about it now when I'm where I am in my life???

Old 09-11-2011, 12:51 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
People who really liked you years ago in high school and now are telling you about it on Facebook. What can I do about it now when I'm where I am in my life???
Ewwwe .... That would totally freak me out! Uh ... Leave that stuff in high school and MOVE ON people I swear Facebook brings out the juvenile in some people

Old 09-11-2011, 01:17 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,251,590 times
My cell phone began having static on my end so did an upgrade, decided on the Pantech Impact because it was bigger than the Samsung. Here's the thing. The keys on the Samsung were big enough and clear enough I could dial without glasses. The Pentach keys are so tiny it is still hard to read with glasses. Can exchange no extra cost, spent a lot of time online without finding the place to do that. Started calling, recordings cut themselves off, lots of time wasted with that. Tried chat and that person couldn't tell me anything except to call the number again. So today found another number, finally got someone. As you might guess, she had a non-American accent requiring repetition but she was nice and hung in there while I repeated what I wanted. Was on with her nearly half an hour and the Pentach got hot enough to be uncomfortable against my ear. Damnation! Finally, she determined who I should be speaking with and assured me I would get a person and not recordings. The next person had a for real American accent.

Another phone will arrive within 48 hours and I went back to a Samsung.

Those Pentach phones are cute but unless you have perfect vision and use something very narrow to press buttons you don't want it.

That's my peeve for the day/week!

Old 09-11-2011, 03:45 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Sweet tooth just drives up my triglycerides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics