Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 08:08 AM

18,275 posts, read 26,004,544 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Question of the day:

Since we are still on "Grandpa-to-be-Garlic Guy baby watch, what day do you think will be the day?....Wednesday morning-between 7-8 a.m.

How many of those fabric tote bags do you have hanging around your house?... two

Do you have any destinations on them?...one of them

The "see the states fairy" is stopping by to pick you up, what is the one state you have never been to that is first on your list? ....Hawaii, and then Alaska!

What state would you like to revisit?...Tennessee

What is your favorite "I eat it because it is good, not because it is good for me" treat?...A giant size German chocolate Dairy Queen blizzard! Yummos!! (guaranteed to shoot your cholesterol and glucose level to the sky) lol.

Anyone going to a garage sale today? Me-always me!

national zucchini day- works for me, LOVE zucchini bread
national frozen custard day-Ditto!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 08-08-2009 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 08:15 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,948,603 times
Today's Question(s):

Since we are still on "Grandpa-to-be Garlic Guy" Baby watch
What day do you think will be "The Day" !!
I have no idea... I'll leave that to doctors, I didn't even know Garlic Guy is going to be a grandpa! - Congratulations Garlic Guy!

Bonus Question:

How many of those fabric tote bags do you have hanging around your home ?
Fabric? That's strange, they didn't ask me "Paper, Plastic, or Fabric" the last time I went to the grocery store... - I have no idea what those are, and if I had any of them hanging around the house, shouldn't they be Toting around the house instead?

Do any have vacation destinations on them ?
Vacation destinations? Hmmm... I have plastic bags hanging around, with grocery store names on them, but I don't think grocery stores are good vacation destinations...

Extra Credit Question:

The "See The Sates Fairy" is stopping by to pick you up
What is one State you have never been to that you will be first on your list ?
What State would you like to revisit ?
(No "state of confusion" doesn't count lol see how well I know some of you )
LOL... Karla, you must be talking about Studedude and Aksarben.. - Too many states to choose from... I would pick the State of Alaska, I've never been there, and the Island of Kauai, in Hawaii to revisit. I've been to Hawaii, but I've never been on that island. If not, since this has to do with fairies, maybe I'll pick being stranded on Gilligan's island with Ginger and Marianne... in their younger days of course..

Just for Fun:
In Honor of Studes special Day
(scroll down to look, we will wait)
What is your favorite "I eat it because it is good, not because it is good for me" treat ?
LOL.. I'd better ask Studedude for advice on that one..

Anyone going to a Garage sale today ?
Nah, I don't need any garages, even though they have them on sale at Home Depot and Lowe's today...

Old 08-08-2009, 08:20 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,206,244 times
Today's Question(s):

What day do you think will be "The Day" !! - the 21st

Bonus Question:

How many of those fabric tote bags do you have hanging around your home ? 0 - nada

Extra Credit Question:

What is one State you have never been to that you will be first on your list ? - Hawaii

What State would you like to revisit ? - california

Just for Fun:

What is your favorite "I eat it because it is good, not because it is good for me" treat ? - Heck I behave like this all the time anyway

Anyone going to a Garage sale today ? - no

Word of the Day:
travail\truh-VAYL; TRAV-ayl\ , noun:
1. Painful or arduous work; severe toil or exertion.
2. Agony; anguish.

Today is :
National Zucchini Day
National Frozen Custard Day
Dollar Day
National Garage Sale Day
Happiness Happens Day
(The following was suggested by studedude)
National Eat Something Because it's Good, Not Because it's Good For You day !![/quote]

Old 08-08-2009, 08:25 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,763,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday
Yay it is the weekend !!!
So before everyone gets going on their plans for today, be sure to take a few minutes to answer
Today's Question(s):

What day do you think will be "The Day" !! It's happening right now.

Bonus Question:

How many of those fabric tote bags do you have hanging around your home ? None

Do any have vacation destinations on them ? N/A

Extra Credit Question:

What is one State you have never been to that you will be first on your list ? Alaska

What State would you like to revisit ? Hawaii

Just for Fun:

What is your favorite "I eat it because it is good, not because it is good for me" treat ? Anything with chocolate in it

Anyone going to a Garage sale today ? Couldn't catch me dead at one......

Old 08-08-2009, 08:28 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,553,684 times
Good morning Karla...

What day do you think will be "The Day" !! Not a clue...but, for Garlic Guy's sake, hopefully soon!

How many of those fabric tote bags do you have hanging around your home ? Only a couple...the only one that has any writing on it at all is one from Barnes and Noble.

What is one State you have never been to that you will be first on your list ? I would love to visit any state along the Atlantic Ocean in the upper part of the U.S.

What State would you like to revisit ? Wisconsin, preferably Manitowoc that is located along Lake Michigan

What is your favorite "I eat it because it is good, not because it is good for me" treat ? Ice Cream...preferably something with chocolate and peanut butter.

Anyone going to a Garage sale today ? No

1960 - "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini" hits #1 This was a cute song by Brian Hyland.

1963 - Kingsmen release "Louie, Louie," radio stations label it obscene...I'm not sure why this was labeled obscene...I guess I didn't really listen to the words, but it sure was fun to dance to!

Happy Saturday everyone...

Old 08-08-2009, 08:36 AM

2,046 posts, read 920,698 times
Hi QOD'ers!

Today's Question(s):

Since we are still on "Grandpa-to-be Garlic Guy" baby watch, what day do you think will be "The Day"!? Oh, heck! I don't remember the actual due date so I can't guess!

How many of those fabric tote bags do you have hanging around your home? several

Do any have vacation destinations on them? don't think so

What is one state you have never been to that will be first on your list? Hawaii or Alaska

What state would you like to revisit? NY

(No, "state of confusion" doesn't count lol see how well I know some of you? ) You're good, Karla!

What is your favorite "I eat it because it is good, not because it is good for me" treat? oh, geez, there's plenty but I guess I'll go with mint chocolate chip ice cream

Anyone going to a garage sale today? no - used to be addicted but stopped 8 years ago (I know this because it's when we moved and I lost my garage sale shopping buddy!)

1864 - Red Cross forms in Geneva - yay for the Red Cross!
1876 - Thomas A. Edison of Menlo Park, NJ patented the mimeograph machine - remember all that purple stuff getting on your fingers?
1960 - "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini" hits #1 - she was afraid to come out of the water...
1963 - Kingsmen release "Louie, Louie", radio stations label it obscene - OMG, think of what's played now!
1988 - Temperature hits high of 88 on 8/8/88 in New York City - now that's WEIRD!

National Zucchini Day - yum!
National Frozen Custard Day - double yum!
Dollar Day - time to head for the Dollar Store
National Garage Sale Day - I used to love those...
Happiness Happens Day - it sure does
National Eat Something Because it's Good, Not Because it's Good For You day - I think I will! Thanks, studedude!

Old 08-08-2009, 08:40 AM

27,457 posts, read 27,487,042 times
Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

Just for Fun:

What is your favorite "I eat it because it is good, not because it is good for me" treat ?

Um I would say 'Labor Day'??
I dont have a fabric tote bag, but do have a nylon mesh bag I needed to buy in Oklahoma City. You know how you fly somewhere and when you come back, not everything fits into your luggage?
Well, Ive driven through nearly all the states in long-haul trucking, but would go visit Georgia in a heartbeat!
I eat anything thats good, who cares if its good for me. And stay clear of diet or nonfat stuff.
I might browse through a couple of garage sales this morning just to look. Maybe.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:51 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,254,101 times
Grand morning Karla & company! From some of the answers about Garlic Guy's grandbaby I'm wondering how many QODs actually read the other posters responses at all.

Friday August 14th
Emily knows she has a good thing going inside mama right now.

2~~1 for library books & 1 for bibles then 3 in the car for groceries
I wish just so I could relive the memories.

Hawaii

Texas~~~I like some of those real cowboys down there.

3" slice of fresh baked cheesecake I indulged with DD yesterday after shopping. We split it if that makes it better.

No & I wish somebody would come here to get one ready. We spend the first half of our lives acquiring things the last half sell them for pennies on the dollars.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:55 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,553,684 times
[quote=elston;10173121]

Corn on the Cob, with lots of buttah.

elston just reminded me of something I had in Myrtle Beach this past October that can't be good for you, but is sooo good. DEEP FRIED CORN ON THE COB with buttah on the side...a once in a lifetime kind of treat!!

Old 08-08-2009, 09:42 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,722,976 times
Bonus Question:

Babies come when they are ready and not one minute before.

How many of those fabric tote bags do you have hanging around your home? Less than 10 or maybe more than 10. I don't know.

Do any have vacation destinations on them? Mostly cosmetic and patriotic.

Extra Credit Question:

What is one State you have never been to that will be first on your list? Idaho--There is a town and a road named after our family that I want to see. I think it may be a ghost town.

What State would you like to revisit? Colorado

Just for Fun:

What is your favorite "I eat it because it is good, not because it is good for me" treat? Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream

Anyone going to a Garage sale today? Most of those are dead by this time of day. No. When I go to garage sales, I usually end up realizing I just bought someone else's junk because it is junk.

Last edited by NCN; 08-08-2009 at 09:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics