Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:27 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,312,247 times

Advertisements

Try something new?
definitely new job! new city sounds fun too!

crafts?
I am NOT crafty and it's even hard for me to consider what I might do if I was. Ok, how 'bout designing silk flower arrangements? I do decorative wreaths myself, but not so good at the flower arrangements.

Bad hair day?
When I was in high school, wanted to get a few streaks in my hair of blonde, lighten very subtly. Hairdresser apparently did not understand what I had in mind, and I ended up with Marilyn Monroe color hair! Now platinum blonde looked just fine on Marilyn Monroe, but my coloring is much too light to pull that off successfully. I spent the next year or two trying to correct that one "bad hair day."

Lemonade and Chocolate Pecan Pie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 07:45 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,622,768 times

Today's Question(s):

The "Temporary Fairy" is coming to visit you for 24 hours

This will give you the chance to, try something new or different.
It may be anything from a New hair do or color, to a new job or even a new city etc... and after 24 hours everything goes back to normal
So !!!

What would you try or change in your 24 hours ? Would love to scuba dive!

Bonus Question:

Who would you say was the most interesting (ok or unusual person) you have most recently interacted with ? My girlfriend, Interesting as they come! Keeps me crazy and young! She's my best friend! That's why she is my best friend! Crazy and interesting!!! No one like her!

Extra Credit Question:

Are you a "crafty" person ? No

What kind of crafts do you like doing ?

For those "non-crafty" folks , is there a craft you would like to try ? No

Just for Fun:
In honor of Bad Hair Day (you know I couldn't let this pass by)

What was your worst,most unusual or funniest "Bad Hair Day" story ? My girlfriend dyed my hair, I looked like a calico cat!

Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,743,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday
It is another hot & sticky morning here in NE FL 85 % humidity already
lol "Fall, where art thou"
So here I sit here in the nice cool A/C getting ready to ask

Today's Question(s):

It may be anything from a New hair do or color, to a new job or even a new city etc... and after 24 hours everything goes back to normal
So !!!

What would you try or change in your 24 hours ? I'd like to be the President for a day, move the White House to a different city. LOL!

Bonus Question:

Who would you say was the most interesting (ok or unusual person) you have most recently interacted with ? I don't get out much to socialize so can't think of anyone.

Extra Credit Question:

Are you a "crafty" person ? No.

For those "non-crafty" folks , is there a craft you would like to try ? Jewelry making and ceramics would be fun.

Just for Fun:

What was your worst,most unusual or funniest "Bad Hair Day" story ? I was in my teens when my mom decided to trim my hair and I wound up with a small bald spot on the side of my head. I ranted about that for days!!

Today in History:
1741 - Alaska was discovered by Danish navigator Vitus Jonas Bering. That?s how the Bering Sea got its name.
1896 - Dial telephone patented
1945 - Dodgers Tommy Brown, 17, is youngest player to hit a HR
1965 Rolling Stones release "Satisfaction" (their 1st #1 U.S. hit) Seen them in concert several years ago and what a show.
1980 Reinhold Messner of Italy is 1st to solo ascent Mount Everest

Word of the Day:

perorate\PUR-uh-rayt\ , intransitive verb:
1. To conclude or sum up a long discourse.
2. To speak or expound at length; to declaim.

Today is:
Lemonade Day I drink it almost every day in the summer.
National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day I'll pass
Summer Cool-Off Day When?
National Radio Day AM or FM?
Bamboo Day Save The Pandas
Bad Hair Day
Have a Good Day Everyone.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:01 AM

656 posts, read 1,312,686 times
Today's Question(s):

So !!!

What would you try or change in your 24 hours ?I would like to have my dad alive! just for 24 hours. so he could see what kind of a woman I grew up to be.

Bonus Question:

Who would you say was the most interesting (ok or unusual person) you have most recently interacted with ?I am a waitress as some of you know! well, last week a woman came in for dinner and believe it or not she brought a whole fleet of stuffed animals. she lined them up on one half of the table and dined with them!

Extra Credit Question:

Are you a "crafty" person ?
NO not really....I wish i were crafty but, i am more of an outdoor type.
not really anything! what a downer i am today.
For those "non-crafty" folks , is there a craft you would like to try ?[color="Navy"]YES i wish i could if i were crafty i would like to make those wood sculptures that are so beautiful and you wonder how did they do that?![color="Navy"]
Just for Fun:

What was your worst,most unusual or funniest "Bad Hair Day" story ?i had gotten a perm and it was suppose to be light and like ringlets. well it turned out tight and terrible like the one my grandma had. I was 18...my girlfriend came over cause we were gonna go out dancing I was in the bathroom crying saying i'm not gonna go. she convinced me it looked good. so we went out!! years later she told me it really looked bad.. real bad but she wanted to go out so she lied...

Old 08-20-2009, 08:10 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,467,163 times

So !!!

What would you try or change in your 24 hours ? I would have the Temporary Fairy take me to Southern California.

Bonus Question:

Who would you say was the most interesting (ok or unusual person) you have most recently interacted with ? I was at a gathering a few weeks ago and a off duty member of the Baltimore County SWAT team was there. It was interesting to hear him share some of the things he's experienced over the past ten years of service.

Extra Credit Question:

Are you a "crafty" person ? Depends on how you define 'crafty'. And, yes, I have been/can be crafty if need be.

What kind of crafts do you like doing ? Cross stitch embroidery, latch hook kits.

For those "non-crafty" folks , is there a craft you would like to try ?

Just for Fun:

What was your worst,most unusual or funniest "Bad Hair Day" story ? Any day I rode on our motorcycle and spent more than a half hour wearing a helmet, took it off and had HELMET HAIR...LOL

:

Old 08-20-2009, 08:36 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,552,469 times
Hi Karla...wow...it sounds humid there! Try to stay cool...

What would you try or change in your 24 hours ? There are lots of things I'd change permenantly if I could, but for just 24 hours...I'd probably go spend them with my daughter, who is in Africa.

I used to be crafty...in my younger days...I did decoupage, cross-stitch, sewing, to name a few...but, I don't do much these days except sketch with pencils.

I don't have any 'bad hair day' stories...everyday is a potential bad hair day for me...my hair is fine, straight and has a mind of its own!

1896 - Dial telephone patented...I remember these things...and I remember seeing push button phones on the soap operas I used to watch years ago, and thinking I'd like to have one of those!

Hope everyone has a beautiful Thursday!!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:41 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,630,915 times
What would you try or change in your 24 hours ?
My weight. I would be fashion model thin for 24 hours just to see what it feels like.

Are you a "crafty" person ?
No

Craft? Not sure this applies, but like to dry my own spices, then grind them and bottle them for later use in dishes.

For those "non-crafty" folks , is there a craft you would like to try ?
Making utensils and toys from gourds

What was your worst,most unusual or funniest "Bad Hair Day" story ?
That would be the day I shaved my head. It was actually an allergic reaction to a new medicine that had me trying to get out from under my hair and hence shaved it off for some relief. I didn't know it was the medicine and thought I was suffering from menopausal hot flashes. Not to worry, it will grow back and in the mean time, I am really enjoying trying a variety of head coverings.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,183,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Good morning all.

Karla- How is that monster TV? Is your Hubby enjoying it? Some people get bigger TV's because they want want but my hubby and I need a bigger TV because we can't see it anymore.

lol he is loving the TV and so am I !!!

and I really like the fact that I don't have to wear my glasses and it is pretty cool how you can see so much detail

I told hubby that the CSI type show we love to watch are going to have more of a ick factor now that the screen is so big lol

Old 08-20-2009, 09:08 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,686,518 times
24 hours totally different....ya know, it's horrible I know, but, I would not want to try anything. I'm perfectly happy just where I am and with how I look...scary! I know

I could easily be listed here! If ya really look at people, each of us are unusual and interesting in our own way! My sons keep telling me I'm weird all the time!!!

I love to quilt, paint and arrange my furniture. Always wanted to knit but never quite got the hang of it...

I once had a color put on my hair and it turned my hair green Needless to say, I found a new salon quite quick

Been making fresh lemonade all week...yum

just give me plain chocolate pie please.

It is getting cooler here, the rain is moving in...again

Have a great day everyone...

Old 08-20-2009, 09:18 AM

23,034 posts, read 34,470,734 times
I'd like to try a new hair style.
I'm not into crafts and have no desire to try any.
I hate bad hair days!!! When I was 14 I talked my mother into letting me put color on my hair and turned kind of an orange color.
I met a very interesting lady when my husband was in the hospital two weeks ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics