Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 06:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Now we don't believe you!
well then my sister called midway through and we all know I dont distract and type well

but yay now the questions is ready and posted
so go hit your edit buttons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 06:50 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
LOL....here we are 3 pgs...and I may be the first to ans????

Today's Question(s):
Other than me for being so late

Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ? Do we really need to "refresh" the road rage topic??

Bonus Question:

With the new TV season about to start,

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ? Hmmm...not really...not a tv addict at all.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ?
Yesterday! Milk for my neighbor

Old 09-11-2009, 06:53 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
Karla, did you ever think so many people would be going into fits waiting for your message? A bunch of people sitting by their computers, drooling, twitching - what an effect you have!!

Today's Question(s):
Other than me for being so late You are so forgiven - thanks for your patience with all of us. You know, one of the reasons I was so happy to retire was that every day when I walked in I would get this same kind of reaction from many of the people on my teams. I started feeling like I was somehow encouraging this dependant behavior but didn't know what to do to stop it. It wore me out - I hope we aren't doing the same to you!

Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ? Family members

Bonus Question:

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ? No - I can't think of one.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ? It's been a while - tax time - a copy of TurboTax on sale at Target for a friend.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you say

BOO-quet Yep
Bow-quet

V-long a-se this one
V-aw-se

Today in History:
1847 - Stephen Foster performed his "Oh! Susanna" for the very first time, for a crowd at the Eagle Saloon in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
1950 - "Beetle Bailey" comic strip debuts
1962 - Drummer Ringo Starr replaces Pete Best of the Beatles Good Move!!!
1972 - BART begins service with a 26-mi line from Oakland to Fremont

Word of the Day: THIS ONES FOR ALL OF US!!
patience [pey-shuhns] noun
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay

rofl I couldn't resist !!!

Last edited by Umbria; 09-11-2009 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: Finish

Old 09-11-2009, 06:59 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
GOOD MORNING!

Thanks for all the kind messages I received yesterday for my star!

Bonus Question:

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ? Nope.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ? probably something for hubby

Just for Fun:

Do you say

BOO-quet t
Bow-quet
Actually: boo-que, I don't pronounce the T

V-long a-se
V-aw-se
I can't figure out which word this is

1962 - Drummer Ringo Starr replaces Pete Best of the Beatles I gave his first name to my car (don't laugh), because I always give names to my cars and since I have a Beetle and I'm a drummer, well... But I say it's a she so I call my car Ringotte

Word of the Day:
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay

rofl I couldn't resist !!! We can see that!

Today is:
National Hot Cross Bun Day Yummy! I haven't had one for ages!
Oh! Susanna Day
Make Your Bed Day LOL mine's not made yet
"I Want to Start My Own Business" Day No thanks
National Emergency Responders Day They deserve more than a day

Have a nice day everyone!

Old 09-11-2009, 07:10 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times
My edit option is still there, but it is easier for me to do it this way....I tried .

Today's Question(s):

Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ? Not you. and I cannot think of anyone right off hand....Well....okay....my husband...

Bonus Question:

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ?
Yes ! NCIS. It is my favorite.

Extra Credit Question:

I presume you mean when shopping? Can't remember doing that, except for my hubby, and I do that almost every time I go to town.

Just for Fun:

Do you say

BOO-quet
Bow-quet This one.

V-long a-se
V-aw-se
Oh ...vase I couldn't figure out what you meant. The first one.

Today in History:
1847 - Stephen Foster performed his "Oh! Susanna" for the very first time, for a crowd at the Eagle Saloon in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Nice song.
1950 - "Beetle Bailey" comic strip debuts Too dorky !
1962 - Drummer Ringo Starr replaces Pete Best of the Beatles
Never was a Beatle fan...I like beetles better!

Word of the Day:

rofl I couldn't resist !!!

And a virtue that I really have to work on !

Today is:
National Hot Cross Bun Day
Oh! Susanna Day
Make Your Bed Day
Hmmm, my dear mother would say, " You have made your bed, now you have to lay in it".
"I Want to Start My Own Business" Day
I prefer a "Mind Your Own Business Day
National Emergency Responders Day[/quote]

All is forgiven, Karla.

Oh...90 minutes to edit....thanks Karla, but I like to do it this way. :-)

Last edited by Towhee; 09-11-2009 at 07:23 AM..

Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Default Today's Question Friday 9-11-09
oops had everything typed and hit something and it all went away so hang on while I redo it again

Ok trying again I hate when that happens especially since we all know I am not a speedy typer

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Yay it is almost the weekend !!! I for one am looking forward to the weekend, but I guess if you think about it, being retired there shouldn't be much difference between during the week & the weekend I am going to have to think on this one for a while

But anyhooo lets get started with

Today's Question(s):

Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ?

Bonus Question:

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ?

Extra Credit Question:

Last person I wanted to 'give a piece of mind' to was .... the person who came into my store and walked out with close to 5g in stolen stuff....and the jerk got away!
Last time I picked up something was recently my daughter asked me to pick her up some root beer on the way home from work.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning all and Happy Friday. Karla- I feel for you. I hate when I type stuff and it disappears. It's like a ghost in my computer.

Only one, lol? This is not the right time to ask me that. I have a small list of people that I am really ticked at now. Just for being idiots. Don't get me started. BTW, it's none of you. I like you guys.

I didn't like the season finale but my favorite show is Bones. That starts next Thursday, woo hoo.

Last time you picked up something for someone ? I rarely have to do that. It's just my DH and I and we do everything together. I actually haven't driven the car in over 3 weeks.

Just for Fun:

Do you say

BOO-quet
Bow-quet

V-long a-se
V-aw-se [/b]

Word of the Day:

Ha, ha this must be my special day. I have no patience. Get it done "yesterday".

"I Want to Start My Own Business" Day Been there done that. It's always interesting.

National Emergency Responders Day Thank you to all of our heroes.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:14 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Today's Question(s):

I seldom want to give anyone a piece of my mind...(I can't afford to).....but when I do feel that way it is usually to a clerk or service person who is doing a particularly poor job because of their poor attitude toward the public.

Bonus Question:

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging
This really doesnt apply to me.....I am a news junkie...but don't watch any of the regular TV season.
Extra Credit Question:

I picked up a jar of "Fairy Flower Creme" for each of my grand daughters recently as a gift.

I remember in the old days, when my Mom was going to the store....she would ask the neighbor....."do you want me to pick anything up for you" and that was often reciprocated....loaf of bread, quart of milk type stuff. That sort of neighborliness seems to either be unnecessary and out of fashion in this day and age.....maybe because of the prevelence of automobiles????
Just for Fun:

Do you say

Boo Kay......and I smile and think of Hyacinth Bucket on the British Comedy "Keeping Up Appearances.
BOO-quet
Bow-quet

V-long a-se I can't figure out what these phonetic renditions are.???????????
V-aw-se

Word of the Day:

rofl I couldn't resist !!! You do put us to the test.....but that is a good lesson.

Today is:
National Hot Cross Bun Day (one a penny; two a penny hot cross buns) I associate them with Easter.....it seems funny that this is the National Day.
Oh! Susanna Day
Make Your Bed Day I will be soon doing that!
National Emergency Responders Day Thinking of the Courageous Men and Women who responded on 9/11.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:14 AM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,294,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Happy Friday

Today's Question(s):

Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ? The people who took MONK off the air. My HOA president.

Bonus Question:

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ? BONES

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ? All the time for old ladies and mommas

Just for Fun:

Do you say

BOO-quet
Bow-quet Bow-k

V-long a-se ?
V-aw-se ? {what is this?}

Today in History:
1950 - "Beetle Bailey" comic strip debuts
1962 - Drummer Ringo Starr replaces Pete Best of the Beatles

Word of the Day:

rofl I couldn't resist !!! Not a patient patient!

Today is:
National Hot Cross Bun Day OH, long overdue to make these minus raisins
Oh! Susanna Day
Make Your Bed Day LOL! I'm ready to climb back in!
National Emergency Responders Day Thanks All!

Thanks Karla.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:18 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Today's Question(s):

Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ? Some lady who pulled out in front of me. My wife told me not to "give her a piece of my mind" because she didn't think I could spare it.

Bonus Question:

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ? Gray's Anatomy

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ? Quite often for my step daughter. lol

Just for Fun:

Do you say Bow

BOO-quet
Bow-quet

V-long a-se This one. YOu call it the other one of you paid a lot for it. I don't pay a lot! lol
V-aw-se
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics