Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Compared to other forums / websites, how does CD compare?
Best site out there for finding Relo type info 32 45.07%
A great site, but I have found better sites 4 5.63%
I like it best for other than Relo reasons 19 26.76%
I really don't like this site 1 1.41%
None of the above 5 7.04%
I will give my answer in the thread 10 14.08%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:32 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times

Advertisements

Most folks come here for the State Forums, then those that 'survive' move onto friendlier forums like "Other Topics" !! I take the fifth on my state forum .

So you say that you're brother is a TROLL and does drugs . Tell me more Is he SINGLE? I may have a GF for him (LOL) !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no signal View Post
My brother told me about the site yesterday. He said he hated everybody in the PA forum because they were all "mean". He joined the site because he was moving to New Hampshire. So am I. Our family likes to stick together. he is moving next month. but I can't move until after Christmas. He told me he went on here to find info and troll people on this forum, lol. He told me he originally wanted to find info, but then when people started grilling him for hating PA, he decided to start trolling everybody. He bragged to me all about his discipline record on this site. He told me that he was infamous all over this forum. I told him to get a life. He does alot of drugs.

This site may have alot of positives, but I can already see a negative about the state forums. People in these forums tend to bash you for hating where you live and they constantly go on about how it's what you make it out to be as if they already know about your character. Other than that, I have no other issues with the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 02:34 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
He sounds like someone I ran into and then ran away from.

Quote:
My brother told me about the site yesterday. He said he hated everybody in the PA forum because they were all "mean". He joined the site because he was moving to New Hampshire. So am I. Our family likes to stick together. he is moving next month. but I can't move until after Christmas. He told me he went on here to find info and troll people on this forum, lol. He told me he originally wanted to find info, but then when people started grilling him for hating PA, he decided to start trolling everybody. He bragged to me all about his discipline record on this site. He told me that he was infamous all over this forum. I told him to get a life. He does alot of drugs.

This site may have alot of positives, but I can already see a negative about the state forums. People in these forums tend to bash you for hating where you live and they constantly go on about how it's what you make it out to be as if they already know about your character. Other than that, I have no other issues with the site.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 PM

HDG--if his brother is the guy I am thinking about, I don't think you have met his match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydawglady View Post
Most folks come here for the State Forums, then those that 'survive' move onto friendlier forums like "Other Topics" !! I take the fifth on my state forum .

So you say that you're brother is a TROLL and does drugs . Tell me more Is he SINGLE? I may have a GF for him (LOL) !!!

Old 06-18-2007, 02:40 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,532,525 times
I got here when someone on the Indy Star posted a link to a post on C-D. Now I rarely look at the Indy Star message boards! I love getting on here after a long day at work and communicating with all of you. Sitting in a truck cab all night can get a little lonely (even though the solitude can be nice at times...) I enjoy all of the forums, since I've lived and traveled so many places and I especially like this "Other Topics" forum! Thanks to the C-D staff for such an awesome web site!

Old 06-18-2007, 03:12 PM

I found CD using a google search. I've been here in state forums, then general forums for nearly a year. I think it is nearly time for me to rest my weary head, and when I do so, I will also probably decrease my posting here. Although I find some of the folks here really special, I also see a growing negative trend in too many of the threads, something I find discouraging.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Yup--that is who I thought you were referring to....thanks for the confirmation!

Quote:
For the record, my brother goes by the name of mechtm84 on these forums.

This is his profile down here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...m84-14698.html

Look at some of his posts. They are very entertaining. Alot were deleted and edited by moderators though. He called me up this morning and told me he was banned forever. Niiiiiiiiice....

Old 06-18-2007, 04:20 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,890,113 times
Good question, as usual, HDL.

I found the CD site 4-yrs ago through google, while looking for relocation info for a small list of states. I didn't click on the forum icon until spring '06, as I didn't notice it before & was new to message boards. I didn't start posting until summer '06, left for 6-mos due to the acrimony in many of the posts, then returned recently. It seems to have mellowed out, although like others, I run & hide from the more controversial topics as I don't enjoy debate.

I greatly appreciate the posted pics & the time & effort put into them. The pics of particular areas are extraordinarily helpful to newcomers or those searching for that info prior to moving. The personal pics are very fun, too. I love the posts filled with humor & even appreciate those with a vastly different humor than mine. That's all in the good spirit of sharing. I can think of a dozen folks I'd miss if they weren't onsite.

There are a handful of people in each state forum that are filled with useful info on their cities/states, which is immensely helpful to probably more folks than they'll ever know. The general boards are amazingly helpful with knowledgeable folks taking time to share, just in the spirit to benefit others - housing, garden & actually, all the rest. I'm very grateful for each person's time & effort.

I find many posts inspiring with people who possess an uplifted spirit dispite their many challenges, people who share a bit of themselves to have others know them & to help others. There's overall, a lot of sharing, caring & humor. As others said, it can become addictive, so I plan on keeping control on my addiction.

All in all, I give it an A+.
A+ to you, too, HDL... VV

Last edited by Baltic_Celt; 06-18-2007 at 05:41 PM..

Old 06-18-2007, 04:25 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
You said that quite eloquently. Thanks, I agree with you.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:34 PM

3,290 posts, read 9,186,341 times
I had found CD about a year ago doing research on different cities but didn't notice the forum link til January. So I hung around my state board and then around the one I was going to move to. Eventually I scrolled down and discovered the rest of the boards...

Most people I've met here are a joy to know. Liz

Old 06-18-2007, 04:42 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydawglady View Post
So you say that you're brother is a TROLL and does drugs .
What does TROLL really mean? In my language it means oger, is it the same in English?

You know, I have been thinking about how the h*ck I found CD, because when I now go back and type in those words into google (something like alaska map weather) I can't find it! A stroke of luck that one time? Perhaps...

I like CD (love even, since I spend several hours here every NIGHT) but there is one thing that truly bothers me...

THE SMILEYS!!!!! I am addicted! I am starting to hate them, yet I can't because I cannot stop using them! I even try to use them while writing in RL, or when speaking.
What am I supposed to do??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics