Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Compared to other forums / websites, how does CD compare?
Best site out there for finding Relo type info 32 45.07%
A great site, but I have found better sites 4 5.63%
I like it best for other than Relo reasons 19 26.76%
I really don't like this site 1 1.41%
None of the above 5 7.04%
I will give my answer in the thread 10 14.08%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:08 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times

Advertisements

It probably came off funnier than I intended....Yac gave a tutorial in "about the forum" a couple of months ago about posting pictures--so I tested it here with a giffie from a friend.

Thank you, Yac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
OMG...I think I am going to colapse now for sure...ROTFL!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 PM

3,294 posts, read 9,187,103 times
Quote:
I call them "doohickie"....BTW, what the heck are they REALLY called?
Actually they are called smilies or emoticons.

MovingBack2PA, I run my own forum which is just over two years old. I have been collecting smilies for my crowd. Any time I see one I might like I save it.

I also have lots of avatars (make most of my own). Liz

Last edited by southernlady5464; 06-20-2007 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: adding info

Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
City Data is keeping me from watching TV. And I want to watch TV. Mostly I just want to sleep but it's too early.

Since I'm not moving again in the near future and I can't keep people from moving to any of the places that are precious to me; there's really no point in C-D any more. There's just a little gang of folks I'm fond of and every so often I read something interesting from someone new.
Ahhhh, that's where you went to....off doing "better" things in life? LOL
How could you ?! LOL
I am moving this month, AGAIN, but still hang around....to many people to aggravate
BTW.....I didn't like you rep points being "666", and had to change them....

Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
If the pond floods, I'll be there!

Quote:
City Data is keeping me from watching TV. And I want to watch TV. Mostly I just want to sleep but it's too early.

Since I'm not moving again in the near future and I can't keep people from moving to any of the places that are precious to me; there's really no point in C-D any more. There's just a little gang of folks I'm fond of and every so often I read something interesting from someone new.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:26 PM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
Actually they are called smilies or emoticons.

MovingBack2PA, I run my own forum which is just over two years old. I have been collecting smilies for my crowd. Any time I see one I might like I save it.

I also have lots of avatars (make most of my own). Liz
Can we have this here on CD too?
That would cheer up and lift some tense dialogs in some threads..........

Old 06-20-2007, 06:33 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times
Default Darn you MovingBack2PA!!!!

I didn't like Ellie's rep pts being 666 either so I repped her at the same time as you and thought my POWERS had increased to '5' . But then you had to go and ruin it for me and say you repped her at the same time .

I thought my COMEDIC BRILLIANT had inspired the High Mucky Mucks to give me greater REPPING powers !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Ahhhh, that's where you went to....off doing "better" things in life? LOL
How could you ?! LOL
I am moving this month, AGAIN, but still hang around....to many people to aggravate
BTW.....I didn't like you rep points being "666", and had to change them....

Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Thanks for saving me from the dread number. I was curious how long it would last.
See, that's what I like about C-D. Your friends look out for you.

My tv watching skills have atrophied.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 PM

3,294 posts, read 9,187,103 times
Quote:
Can we have this here on CD too?
That would cheer up and lift some tense dialogs in some threads......
The owners, "powers that be" at CD decide what we have/don't have here.

"I" get to decide at MY forum what I have/don't have, LOL. Liz

Old 06-20-2007, 06:53 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times
Thumbs up Not to go any more OT

Aaaacckkkkkk !! You're depressing the heck out of me!!! What happened to the carefree lively Secret Agent Ellie that I used to know??? Is work that bad? Sure CDF 'stinks' at times, but are you reading at least one HDL post a day?? I also recommend excercise . Or just get out in the fresh summer air and do some gardening !!!

Quote:

OTR, now that traitor YAC has given you the ability to be like me, I expect you to honor the EMOTICON code of ethics . They are very lengthy, so I will not post them all here, but I ask you to raise your right hand now and do solemnly swear that you will abide by them and use them for good and not evil . Remember little children read here also and will use YOU as their role model OTR (whatcha smoking a couple posts back????). Now that is a very scary thought about some of you CDF folks being ROLE MODELS !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I just wanted to see if I could do them.....HDL....I promise, I promise I won't start using them---all the time.
OTR is speaking in code now. The post is written to Secret Agent Ellie, so I must need to get out my decoder bible and see what this all means !

Quote:
If the pond floods, I'll be there!
Hmmm, OTR is using flattery on me . Better clean the guest rooms sheets as I suspect I my doorbell will be ringing any moment now !

Quote:
Nobody can top you as the best of the best! I am just the brainless one!

Last edited by HDL; 06-20-2007 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: I can't tell you what I changed. It's my little secret :-0

Old 06-20-2007, 06:59 PM
MB2

Talking I SWEAR you are KILLING me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydawglady View Post
I didn't like Ellie's rep pts being 666 either so I repped her at the same time as you and thought my POWERS had increased to '5' . But then you had to go and ruin it for me and say you repped her at the same time .

I thought my COMEDIC BRILLIANT had inspired the High Mucky Mucks to give me greater REPPING powers !
OK....like I've said before, now I collapsed....ROTFL....I better stay down here with you birds around...ROTFL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics