Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 AM

428 posts, read 2,441,895 times

Advertisements

I saw myself working in an office. Thank goodness real estate agents don't have to pass a typing test, because I reek at it.

Something I never thought I'd do is travel to Alaska and do commercial fishing. My brand new hubby dragged me kicking and screaming from farm country. The outcome:
I adored it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 06:33 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,686,113 times
I wanted to be a ROCKSTAR!! lol Guess that didn't work out...lol...however I did get into the business side of entertainment for awhile. I was offered a job as an A&R rep.for a well known company. But....I got married and had a baby instead!!

Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,281,618 times
in elementery school, i wanted to be a gym teacher,,,you make a living,,for "playing" all day!!
in junior high i wanted to be a gynocologist,,,,giving free pelvic exams to all the cute girls..
in high school,,,i wanted to be a marine biologist,,,,

this thread reminds me of a scene in the movie called mr. deeds,,,,towards the end of the movie,,deeds(adam sandler) gets up in front of the stockholders,,and asks "what did you want to be when you grew up"?? a big southern guy,,got up,,said he wanted to be a veterinarian,,,,for the love and care of animals....then said,,,i came close,,i own 6 slaughterhouses"...for some reason i got quite a chuckle out of that

Old 05-24-2007, 07:02 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,281,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyM View Post
I saw myself working in an office. Thank goodness real estate agents don't have to pass a typing test, because I reek at it.

Something I never thought I'd do is travel to Alaska and do commercial fishing. My brand new hubby dragged me kicking and screaming from farm country. The outcome:
I adored it.
missy, real estate agents do wear many hats,

im a henpecker typer....and have to say... i can right type along when i need to...learn to type REAL fast when we were paying for aol..by the minute..

Old 05-24-2007, 07:05 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,416,897 times
what I am now!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:15 AM

428 posts, read 2,441,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
missy, real estate agents do wear many hats,

im a henpecker typer....and have to say... i can right type along when i need to...learn to type REAL fast when we were paying for aol..by the minute..
In that case, I would have to leave all the typos in place!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,552,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksweetie View Post
too funny Pirate Girl, growing up, I had a huge crush on Shaun Cassidy, but as you can see, I didn't marry him either. Oh well.

I still think about being an English teacher. My only problem is I want to teach elementary aged kids, but I love to teach Shakespeare. Can't exactly teach Hamlet to 3rd graders, lol.
Seahawksweetie, how come nobody ever gets my "pallets towards none" jokes on the loading dock???

Old 05-24-2007, 09:39 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,552,839 times
Before I went to th' Truck Drivin' Academy, I couldn't even SPELL "truck Driver" And now I are one! Seriously, I went into the USAF with NO idea what I wanted to do (other than get away from home) They needed warm bodies in aircraft maintenance back then. I wouldn't have EVER imagined myself as a mechanic (my wife laughs at that concept to this very day) but I enjoyed it and learned things I would've never imagined. I'd always thought about driving a truck (I'm definitely not the office type) and first thought I'd just see what it was like. Ten years and no accidents later, I'm truly addicted!

Old 05-24-2007, 04:40 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,384,361 times
I wanted to be the first female Nascar diver......with all the speeding tickets I started out with I should of been on a track

Old 05-24-2007, 05:33 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,640,853 times
Did you grow up to be what you "wanted to be" when you were young? Well I was hoping for at least 6'2" but came up way short at only 5'8"....dang
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics