Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,183,280 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
Today is school and the class we have planned for the kids is "Coconut "floats"" It is a fun hands on way to teach them about seeds. We will be bringing a couple coconuts into the classes the interesting thing is many of the kids have never seen a whole coconut so I am bringing a bag of the shredded so they can see "from where it came" hmm isn't there a lot of sugar in the shredded stuff yikes lol the teachers won't be "loving us" if we leave them with "sugared up" kids

But before I head out to do that I first have to do this

Today's Question(s):
The other day we talked about allowances and many mentioned doing chores in exchange for the allowance so ...

Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing?

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems ________ an/or_________, but when it come to __________ yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ?

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ?

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried ?

Today in History:

1825 - Ezra Daggett and nephew Thomas Kensett patent food storage in tin cans
1903 - New bicycle race "Tour de France" announced
1915 - George Claude of Paris France, patented the neon tube advertising sign.
1953 - Sixty-eight percent of all TV sets in the U.S. were tuned to CBS-TV, as Lucy Ricardo of "I Love Lucy" gave birth to a baby boy The audience for the program was greater than that watching the inauguration of President Dwight D. Eisenhower the following day.

Word of the Day:
perambulate \puh-RAM-byuh-layt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To walk about; to roam; to stroll
transitive verb:
1. To walk through or over.

Today is:

National Popcorn Day
Rid the World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day
Tin Can Day
New Friends Day. Make a new friend Today
Junk Food News Alert Day
Hat Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 04:59 AM

48,323 posts, read 22,083,544 times
Today's Question(s):
The other day we talked about allowances and many mentioned doing chores in exchange for the allowance so ...

Burning the trash or as my Nana said, "elston would you go out and insinuate the trash!"

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems in daily life but when it come to arithmetic yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ? Yesterday, with the dogs.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ? Tuna fish (but I made the tuna salad myself....and added shredded parmesan cheese--it was a great addition. I believe I also had some Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup with my granddaughter along with the tuna salad.

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried ? Grapefruit Diet

Last edited by elston; 01-19-2010 at 05:49 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,203,465 times
Today's Question(s):
Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing? I do not think that I enjoyed any of the chores. When you're young, none of them seem pleasant, IMO.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ? Yesterday

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ? Oh my. I never eat food out of cans, just because they contain so much sodium. It is possible that someone used something from a can during my X-mas or Thanksgiving meal. I'm not certain of it, but the only way I would be eating from a can would be without my knowledge. I have not prepared anything from a can in several years now.

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried ? I have only tried one "fad" diet in my life. That was "sugar busters." I think of this more as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Basically, you eliminate all sugars, or things that turn to sugar quickly in your body. Because diabetes runs in my family, I have followed the "sugar buster" plan for a few years now.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:04 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,267,823 times
Today's Question(s):

Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing? Mowing three acres of grass on the rider mower when I was younger.

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems ________ an/or_________, but when it come to __________ yikes I feel like I am 3 ? HMMM have to think about this one.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ? Every day with the dogs

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ? Chicken noodle soup

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried ? Never been on a diet

Old 01-19-2010, 05:05 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,358,774 times
Today's Question(s):

From the time I was about 5 or 6, my regular weekly task was to iron my father's cotton handkerchiefs. I genuinely enjoyed turning a wrinkled mass of clean cotton into a smoothly folded square for him to tuck away in his dresser.

I should add that my enjoyment of ironing most assuredly did not follow me into adulthood - the only way I will buy anything that is all cotton is if the fabric has been treated to be wrinkle-resistant. And I won't buy linen under any circumstances.

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems
resisting the temptation of potato chips and/orsweet desserts, but when it come to second helpings of the main course yikes I feel like I am 3?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate?

Ah, that would have been before the streets were all buried under a thick layer of packed-down snow and ice, so call it early December.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can?

Yikes, that's a stretch for me - we don't eat much out of cans. I guess it would have been the can of garbanzo beans that I used for salads last week.

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried?

I have distant memories of trying to follow that all-protein diet when I was a teenager. My mom refused to spend a lot of money on protein, and I got sick of hard-boiled eggs and cottage cheese pretty quickly.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:07 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,183,280 times
Today's Question(s):

My chore on Saturday mornings was to dust the breakfront/china cabinet of the dining room set my parents got in 1963. fast forward when my Mom passed away my other brother & sister said we should give my little brother the dining room set but I explained to them the breakfront was coming with me because lol after all those years of dusting it was mine. A few years later my little brother moved and gave the rest of the set to me. I still have it in our formal dining room. omg lol I just realized the set is older than my husband

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems understanding credit reports an/or advising folks on getting out of credit issues, but when it come to understanding the different health insurance policies yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Extra Credit Question:

Does the treadmill count ?

if not walking around a outside mall

I do take my friends dog for a walk but he is 95#'s and pulls so there is nothing perambulate about the walk.

Just for Fun:

Chicken noodle soup last week. I am weird about food out of cans except for chicken noodle soup or corn I think the food taste like the can

I think I may of tried the grapefruit diet years ago
My sister has the "lets try every fad diet" covered in our family

Last edited by FLPL75; 01-19-2010 at 05:21 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 05:14 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,350,565 times
Good morning!

So, the maintenance guy came yesterday morning to take a look at the furnace, and as I feared, it's slowly dying and thus becoming dangerous. Fortunately, our owner accepted to have it changed asap!

Today's Question(s):

Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing? Cleaning up my room. Actually, my room was always clean, because I'm a freak...

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems being talkative on a forum , but when it comes to speaking to anyone in everyday life yikes I feel like I am 3 (that's because I'm desperately shy )

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ? Must have been a few weeks ago, when the weather was still warm enough!

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ? We don't eat canned foods a lot, except green beans.

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried ? Never tried anything strange

Today is:
National Popcorn Day
Rid the World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day
Tin Can Day
New Friends Day. Make a new friend today I'll try my best, I promise.
Junk Food News Alert Day I hate junk food
Hat Day

Have a lovely day!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:18 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,385,746 times
Today's Question(s):

Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing? As a kid we used to fight over setting the table. We had so many kids in our family that we had a milk machine in our kitchen and we all loved filling the glasses.

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems complaining to customer service departments or going up the chain of command in a business, but when it come to confronting someone at my church about when they will return my book they borrowed almost three months ago yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ? At the beach when DS was here, we walked up to a scenic lookout spot.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ? Progresso Italian Vegetable Soup

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried ? I don't think I have ever tried a "fad" diet (just healthy ones) although I went on a fast for several days once.

Last edited by Sandhillian; 01-19-2010 at 05:58 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 05:20 AM

867 posts, read 2,145,977 times
Today's Question(s):

none
Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems apple juice an/or grape juicebut when it come to eating an apple yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Extra Credit Question:

2 or 3 days ago
Just for Fun:

yuck no thanks
haven't really tried any

Today in History:

1825 - Ezra Daggett and nephew Thomas Kensett patent food storage in tin cans YUCK
1903 - New bicycle race "Tour de France" announced wow wonder if Lance Armstrong is celebrating
1915 - George Claude of Paris France, patented the neon tube advertising sign. wow that's so cool don't see alot of these around it seems
1953 - Sixty-eight percent of all TV sets in the U.S. were tuned to CBS-TV, as Lucy Ricardo of "I Love Lucy" gave birth to a baby boy The audience for the program was greater than that watching the inauguration of President Dwight D. Eisenhower the following day.
holy &*)(&$^ I did not know this
Word of the Day:
perambulate \puh-RAM-byuh-layt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To walk about; to roam; to stroll
transitive verb:
1. To walk through or over.

Today is:

National Popcorn Day yum
Rid the World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day amen
Tin Can Day lol
New Friends Day. Make a new friend Today wish I could
Junk Food News Alert Day lol just had some junk food too
Hat Day hmmmm wierd

Old 01-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,167,779 times
Morning!

Today's Question(s):

Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing? I like cleaning if...no one was home. iI I was home alone, I would clean the house. But if my mom or sisters were home I would do nothing!

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems standing up for myself at work but when it come to my 3 older sisters, yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ? I'm on feet so, much on my job, I guess Friday when I was walking along the beach.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ? canned small peas

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried ? cabbage diet, I actually love cabbage!

Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics