Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:57 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,495,603 times

Advertisements

Good morning all. Karla have fun with the coconuts.

The other day we talked about allowances and many mentioned doing chores in exchange for the allowance so ...

Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing?
I liked cleaning the whole house while my mother worked the 3rd shift. She would call me throughout the night and I would keep telling her I didn't clean yet. I always wanted to surprise her with a clean house when she got home. I liked it all except for cleaning the floor to ceiling mirrors. We had a lot of mirrors.

Can someone explain why I have no problems _resisting chips and stuff but when it come to _cookies_ yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ? I do that twice a day with my dog.

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ? Northern beans for my homemade soup.

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried ?
The cabbage soup diet which by BTW made me sick

National Popcorn Day I love popcorn with butter. Yum!!

Rid the World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day That would be great but too many people want a quick fix even when they know it won't work long term.

Tin Can Day Happy day to my friend Tinman.

New Friends Day. Make a new friend Today I made one yesterday. I ran into a new neighbor while I was out on my preamble and she invited DH and over last night. We stayed until 1am

Junk Food News Alert Day Bad bad stuff so why do I like it so much.

Have a great day everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 AM

24,638 posts, read 26,196,376 times
The other day we talked about allowances and many mentioned doing chores in exchange for the allowance so ...

Burning the trash was always pretty neat and going to the post office twice a day to pick up the mail.

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems reading a book an/or magazine, but when it come to legal papers, yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ?
At the plan museum at March Air Reserve Base.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ?
Probably mater soup with a grilled cheese sandwich.

None here.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 AM

591 posts, read 666,038 times
I remember the days in school with the kids, only they were middle school. i'm glad I'm retired. Sorry I haven't been on too much. I have been busy, on a couple of other sights. HAVE A GREAT DRY DAY.

Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing? I always enjoyed cleaning my room. I was weird.

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems MATH an/orENGLISH, but when it come to SPELLING yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ? Soup

Old 01-19-2010, 11:02 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,350,000 times

Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing? Nooooooo

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems ________ an/or_________, but when it come to __________ yikes I feel like I am 3 ? I honestly don't have the brain power today for this question.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ? See previous response....

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ? soup

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried ? Vinegar. A friend of mine told me to drink 1 cup of vinegar a day.....well come to find out (after I almost puked after drinking a whole cup of vinegar) it was supposed to be 1 tbsp

Old 01-19-2010, 11:27 AM

44,728 posts, read 61,976,455 times
Today's Question(s):

Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing? Not one. Hated all of them. Slopping pigs, tossing hay, mowing lawn, pulling weeds...ugh

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems thinking about this question an/or it's meaning, but when it come to an answer yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ? Two days ago. Ambulated all around the perimeter.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ? Spam.

What was the strangest "fad" diet you have ever tried ? Don't do diets.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:02 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,437,706 times
HAT DAY!

Grab your coat, and get your hat
Leave your worries on the doorstep
Just direct your feet
To the sunny side of the street!
Dorothy Fields

Old 01-19-2010, 12:12 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,948,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
Today's Question(s):

Was there one chore that was "your chore" that you actually enjoyed doing? As a kid we used to fight over setting the table. We had so many kids in our family that we had a milk machine in our kitchen and we all loved filling the glasses.

A milk machine? Hmmm.. I hope I'm not milking this.. but is that like a Pepsi or a Coke machine that takes quarters or Dollar bills?

Old 01-19-2010, 12:19 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,761,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
A milk machine? Hmmm.. I hope I'm not milking this.. but is that like a Pepsi or a Coke machine that takes quarters or Dollar bills?
Alfalfa pellets? Good morning Mike!

Old 01-19-2010, 12:39 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,114,416 times
Today's Question(s):

No...

Bonus Question:

Can someone explain why I have no problems __remembering ______ an/or_address________, but when it come to __names________ yikes I feel like I am 3 ?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nice perambulate ?
Few days ago at the old mission.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you ate, that came out of a can ?
Ro-Tel
intravenous feeding....
Never done a real diet.

Today in History:

1825 - Ezra Daggett and nephew Thomas Kensett patent food storage in tin cans
1903 - New bicycle race "Tour de France" announced
1915 - George Claude of Paris France, patented the neon tube advertising sign.
1953 - Sixty-eight percent of all TV sets in the U.S. were tuned to CBS-TV, as Lucy Ricardo of "I Love Lucy" gave birth to a baby boy The audience for the program was greater than that watching the inauguration of President Dwight D. Eisenhower the following day.

Word of the Day:
perambulate \puh-RAM-byuh-layt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To walk about; to roam; to stroll
transitive verb:
1. To walk through or over.
Walkabout...

Today is:

National Popcorn Day
Rid the World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day
Tin Can Day
New Friends Day. Make a new friend Today
Junk Food News Alert Day
Hat Day

Old 01-19-2010, 12:50 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,948,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Alfalfa pellets? Good morning Mike!
Good morning.. or afternoon BeachMel!

Alfalfa pellets... that's for the milk machine that goes "Mooooo", right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics