Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:21 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,740,698 times

Advertisements

Mine is a play on my last name, which sounds like "cats." so I'm "Cool cats."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 12:01 AM

30,429 posts, read 52,056,515 times
"Gizmo" was the name of my beloved kitty, who died about 6 years ago... I always used Gizmo in screen names & email before she died, so it just became my usual moniker. The "980" is from when I created an email address, and every good number (birthday, years, etc.) was already taken - so I used my apartment number plus a zero. Totally random, I know!! And for CD, I simply copied that email address, since I only thought I'd post a message or two. If I had known this would become a regular hangout, I would've chosen something more creative... and more feminine, since I hate being mistaken for a dude.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:22 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,827,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
"Gizmo" was the name of my beloved kitty, who died about 6 years ago... I always used Gizmo in screen names & email before she died, so it just became my usual moniker. The "980" is from when I created an email address, and every good number (birthday, years, etc.) was already taken - so I used my apartment number plus a zero. Totally random, I know!! And for CD, I simply copied that email address, since I only thought I'd post a message or two. If I had known this would become a regular hangout, I would've chosen something more creative... and more feminine, since I hate being mistaken for a dude.
That's a great name for a cat! I think I'll have to remember that for the next rescue I take in...I think it would be a good beagle name as well!

Old 06-16-2007, 09:00 AM

124 posts, read 397,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Just to lighten the mood I thought I'd throw out this question. Where did you come up with the idea for your internet name that you're using on this forum? Mine kinda jumps out at you. MontanaGuy-I'm a guy who was born and raised in Montana. Now wasn't that clever of me? Of course mine is obvious but there's some really weird names out there (you know who you are) and maybe you could share with the rest of us how you came up with your unusual name.
I will have to think about it for a little while before I answer.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
That's a great name for a cat! I think I'll have to remember that for the next rescue I take in...I think it would be a good beagle name as well!
Isn't it a great name?? It just came to me when I first met her... she was only about 5-6 weeks old, scrawny but fluffy, with big round eyes & small pointy ears. I took one look at her, and thought GIZMO! It was perfect, and served her well during our 7 years together. Here's a picture of my Gizzy-Girl:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/gizmo980/Gizmo.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-16-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Isn't it a great name?? It just came to me when I first met her... she was only about 5-6 weeks old, scrawny but fluffy, with big round eyes & small pointy ears. I took one look at her, and thought GIZMO! It was perfect, and served her well during our 7 years together. Here's a picture of my Gizzy-Girl:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/gizmo980/Gizmo.jpg (broken link)
awww look at the cute kitty! I used to have cats but my son and I are both allergic so no more kitties for us...but we are over run with dogs so we are not short on fur here...LOL

Old 06-16-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
awww look at the cute kitty! I used to have cats but my son and I are both allergic so no more kitties for us...but we are over run with dogs so we are not short on fur here...LOL
Thanks... she was a beauty, wasn't she? I even have a tattoo of her on my arm, actually based on that picture I posted. Funny thing is, I'm also allergic to cats, but I have two of them (plus the dog)! We've had cats my whole life, though, so I've built up a tolerance to them... other people's cats still bother me sometimes, but my allergies are mild enough to deal with - thank goodness, because I couldn't imagine not having a kitty or two!

Old 06-17-2007, 07:41 PM

740 posts, read 2,016,295 times
Quote:
AAWWWW Irish, we have something in common. I also rescue cats... They are usually dumped since we live in the country. I have caught many wild kittens, tamed them, had them fixed and depending on how tame they are, give them away or for the ones that are shy, I just keep them.. I think that there is 6 at any given time... and at least 3 more that visit on a regular basis. Here is my favorite..

Old 06-17-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
AAWWWW Irish, we have something in common. I also rescue cats... They are usually dumped since we live in the country. I have caught many wild kittens, tamed them, had them fixed and depending on how tame they are, give them away or for the ones that are shy, I just keep them.. I think that there is 6 at any given time... and at least 3 more that visit on a regular basis. Here is my favorite..
That is one cute cat! Glad someone else is out there saving animals as well. We currently have 7 dogs here...I've had as many as 16 (which was way too many....but it was Christmas and how could I not take in the 8 puppies and the others too.). Currently my three, three fosters and one on the fence (DH wants to keep one of the fosters, again). I like having them here and love when they get homes and we have leather furniture and wood floors to curb the fur problems.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:07 PM

7,545 posts, read 17,285,938 times
Awww, that kitty is ADORABLE! My longtime cat died a year ago and I haven't gotten another yet, but I am a total softy when it comes to felines.

Oh yeah, my screen name = jabo is my nick since childhood, and Gitlu was an alternative persona I took on once, in the form of Gitlu the Ninja. Don't ask, chatrooms late at night turn even the most sane people weird!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics