Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 08:56 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times

Advertisements

You guys are right. The 'employers' (and I use that term loosely) were just users.

As bad as it turned out, it could have been much, much worse.

I'm glad she feels relieved instead of destroyed.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
Hello random chat thread people

I am a boring woman in California who posts occasionally. I am only 25 and don't have kids yet, but I do have fertilized eggs in a freezer with plans to have kids in the next few years. I guess I don't belong in a Parenting forum but I still like reading the posts.
I read your posts. You aren't boring. Welcome! You'll need to fill yourself in on the saga of txtqueen if you haven't already.

The more the merrier!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:03 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Folks (ladies?), let me gently remind you that even though this is a "chat" thread, discussing moderator actions is not allowed. The thread in question was off-topic for this forum and I can't say that it really belongs in either Work/Unemployment or Relationships -- but I've undeleted it and moved it there so that you can satisfy your curiosity.

In the future, please address questions directly (via DM) to a mod.

Thanks.
Thanks!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:03 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Folks (ladies?), let me gently remind you that even though this is a "chat" thread, discussing moderator actions is not allowed. The thread in question was off-topic for this forum and I can't say that it really belongs in either Work/Unemployment or Relationships -- but I've undeleted it and moved it there so that you can satisfy your curiosity.

In the future, please address questions directly (via DM) to a mod.

Thanks.
Thank you so much! As Hopes said we are genuinely concerned thats all but totally appreciate it!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
Hello random chat thread people

I am a boring woman in California who posts occasionally. I am only 25 and don't have kids yet, but I do have fertilized eggs in a freezer with plans to have kids in the next few years. I guess I don't belong in a Parenting forum but I still like reading the posts.
Welcome! Anyone is welcome here - just don't call us worthless "breeders" who are overpopulating the world and we'll be fine! LOL.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
It wasn't about dog food I'm sure - that's just the excuse they used. I think the moment she told them they needed a set schedule and doing things last minute wouldn't work, they made up their mind. Dog food was just the catalyst.

The sad part is they couldn't just be rational adults, sit her down and tell her that arrangement wouldn't work for them - that they needed someone more flexible. Not get mad and kick her out like they did (which was illegal). I always thought the relationship seemed unhealthy. Her glomming on to them so quickly and feeling like part of the family was not surprising given her age and background. THEM on the other hand treating her like a daughter so quickly, putting her (and her friend) on their cell phone plan, etc.... seemed weird.
I totally agree..they were looking for an excuse and the dog food situation was handy.

Dew - sorry about your game today...we lost also. Tebow made a valiant effort in the 3rd and 4th quarter..but just not to be....

Old 01-03-2011, 01:12 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quit calling your boyfriend a "boything." It makes me think he had a sex change operation.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:58 AM

852 posts, read 1,365,378 times
txt, I find your whole last post here fairly disturbing. I understand that the nanny family took advantage of you, and I don't disagree with you there. However, the bragging about drug and alcohol use and about sleeping in smacks of the kind of immaturity we've seen over and over again.

I'm glad you're safe, and I truly hope that you find a way to pull yourself out of this hole of bad choices and not-quite-adult responses.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:11 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Yeah txt, don't mix booze and pills. It ain't good for you, and will only cloud your judgment. You need your wits about you if you want to move forward. Plus, if you get busted with pills that you don't have a prescription for, you'll never get into the Academy.

I'm glad you got out of the "nanny" situation, but at the time I was all for you getting out of your mom's house, so try not to stay there too long. That's a toxic prescription for you as well.

Hey there passwithoutatrace, please join us. It doesn't matter to me whether you have kids or not. There are some people who post here who's opinion I value regardless.

Morning all! Kinda weird to be back to normal and not have any holiday stuff to deal with. Not sure if I'm happy about that or not!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Quit calling your boyfriend a "boything." It makes me think he had a sex change operation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
txt, I find your whole last post here fairly disturbing. I understand that the nanny family took advantage of you, and I don't disagree with you there. However, the bragging about drug and alcohol use and about sleeping in smacks of the kind of immaturity we've seen over and over again.

I'm glad you're safe, and I truly hope that you find a way to pull yourself out of this hole of bad choices and not-quite-adult responses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah txt, don't mix booze and pills. It ain't good for you, and will only cloud your judgment. You need your wits about you if you want to move forward. Plus, if you get busted with pills that you don't have a prescription for, you'll never get into the Academy.
txt - listen to all of this. Please.

Real adults do not use words like "boything".

You are running on drugs and adrenaline. You will come down. Be careful.

Saying you will "never" have to do something again is absurd.

Take a day, pull your act together and make a realistic plan. Don't get in over your head.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 AM

Morning guys....

It's Monday....here we go on 2011....

Got my Christmas decorations down and put away, that's always a good feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting