Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 10:08 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Welcome to "The CD Home for CyberMoms Who Rock" located in sunny Snottsdale, AZ. We think you'll enjoy our facilities: A laptop in every room with free WiFi, live bands on Friday afternoons (no cover charge) and personalized iPods.

Our staff includes Hopes who will fluff your pillows and give you a hug. NEOhiobound (who is trying to figure out how she landed in the desert) is there for your nutritional needs. FinsterRufus teaches mandolin and harmonica on Tuesdays and Thursdays respectively but not always respectfully. DewDropInn drops in occasionally to regale the ladies with stories about the movers and shakers in Hollywood she has known but not always loved.

Membership is open to all regadless of race, creed or national origion. However each resident must be able to dance with abandon. The wearing of anything frumpy is strictly prohibited. Ohiogirl is on staff to advise all residents on their wardrobe.

All applicants must be known for having good sense, be able to give motherly kisses on the cheek, and the ability to give their years of wisdom freely to every delivery boy who walks through the door. Husbands are welcome. Boyfriends are encouraged.

Children must register with Security before they enter the grounds.

Enjoy your stay!
I'm in!

Old 01-16-2011, 10:18 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Only diet coke. But i've begun the process of stopping.
yeah.. once you give it up all together, you will see a few lbs come off. Soda, even diet, isn't good for the waistline

Old 01-16-2011, 10:19 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
That's perfect, DewDrop! I'll fluff pilllows and give hugs!

Hey, DewDrop and Finster! I have a question for both of you.

For teens who want a music related career, such as sound engineer or recording engineer, where do they go to school for that?

I've found some tech schools that look like rips offs like this one: http://www.recordingconnection.com/index.html

My daughter's friend is interested. Is there viable employment opportunities? She's not looking to make a fortune. She just wants to have a career she loves.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I'm in!
LMAO... so funny. Can we skip the hugs for me though. I am not much of a hugger. And I HATE the sun, so excuse me if I tend to hide indoors all day with my curtains drawn.

Definitely will need to set up an appointment with Ohiogirl for help with wardrobe and I will only dance if intoxicated.

Children? can I leave mine at home with the husband? lol

Old 01-16-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

For teens who want a music related career, such as sound engineer, where do they go to school for that?

I've found some tech schools that look like rips offs like this one: Music Connection: Recording Engineer School -- Learn Recording Studio Technique

My daughter's friend is interested.
Look at local colleges (or out of state ones if she wants) that offer media course. You could always contact a local college, whether they offer it or not, and they may be able to provide a list of LEGIT schools offering such programs.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So here's a little update.

I am now working BBB M-F 9-2 and my new job W-Su 3-11.
I found out my after tax income is around $1,500 and OMG I can so live on that easily.

(Per month)
Rent - 350
Car Payment - 250
Car Ins. - 131
Gas - 100
Groceries - 100
Cellphone - 60

That leaves me roughly 509 after everything is taken care of.

Ba da da da da I'm lovin' it!

Txt didn't you have a new car? Because i'm curious how you are only paying liability on that. You forgot to factor in cable...and the shelving away money for misc things that always seem to happen., and you metioned health insurance as well. You might be able to eat on 100 a month....but you won't be eating many calories for that amount....or you will be eating nothing but lean cusines on sale. But you are forgetting txt that you have other things to pay for besides groceries. Cleaning supplies,toilet paper, ect etc etc. What about spend money....do you ever plan to go out once a week? I think it's going to be more realistic that you save around 200 a month then 500.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

For teens who want a music related career, such as sound engineer or recording engineer, where do they go to school for that?

I've found some tech schools that look like rips offs like this one: Music Connection: Recording Engineer School -- Learn Recording Studio Technique

My daughter's friend is interested. Is there viable employment opportunities? She's not looking to make a fortune. She just wants to have a career she loves.

Most often getting into those places you have to know people hopes. And often the people who own the studios are muscians themselves and hire people they know. So she's better off trying to get a job basic job at a studio and going to school at the same time, whilst asking a lot of questions.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Welcome to "The CD Home for CyberMoms Who Rock" located in sunny Snottsdale, AZ. We think you'll enjoy our facilities: A laptop in every room with free WiFi, live bands on Friday afternoons (no cover charge) and personalized iPods.

Our staff includes Hopes who will fluff your pillows and give you a hug. NEOhiobound (who is trying to figure out how she landed in the desert) is there for your nutritional needs. FinsterRufus teaches mandolin and harmonica on Tuesdays and Thursdays respectively but not always respectfully. DewDropInn drops in occasionally to regale the ladies with stories about the movers and shakers in Hollywood she has known but not always loved.

Membership is open to all regadless of race, creed or national origion. However each resident must be able to dance with abandon. The wearing of anything frumpy is strictly prohibited. Ohiogirl is on staff to advise all residents on their wardrobe.

All applicants must be known for having good sense, be able to give motherly kisses on the cheek, and the ability to give their years of wisdom freely to every delivery boy who walks through the door. Husbands are welcome. Boyfriends are encouraged.

Children must register with Security before they enter the grounds.

Enjoy your stay!

I don't give many kisses on the cheek....but i give some good kicks to the a.... .

Old 01-16-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Txt didn't you have a new car? Because i'm curious how you are only paying liability on that.
It's the finance companies that require collision insurance on new cars, not the insurance companies.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Most often getting into those places you have to know people hopes. And often the people who own the studios are muscians themselves and hire people they know. So she's better off trying to get a job basic job at a studio and going to school at the same time, whilst asking a lot of questions.
Thanks. I'm interested in finding out which schools are the right schools. Our city is not the right place. The degree isn't offered in my region. She'll have to move to another city and live in a dorm at colllege. I guess the best school for her would be one that's located in a city that has a music industry so she can work part-time while attending school. That's what I want to know. Which schools offer the best opportunities for students who didn't grow up with connections? Which schools are the best that are located near studios? And honestly, she'd be happy being a sound technician---touring with bands too. She just wants to be affiliated with the music industry because she loves music. She's not a groupie person. She just loves music. She'd be a stage hand if she could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting