Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 07:54 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
They must have those trees with suckers....cottonwoods are especially bad. We had a tree like that when we lived in another state. I really hated it and was picky about what we planted here.

Good luck jkcoop!
ya, they come from the neighbors trees.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:05 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Good luck jkcoop!
lol! Thanks -

We had a river running down the street yesterday. With a topping of hail. Each day they keep saying it will be the last and then we'll start drying out -

Old 07-14-2011, 08:07 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
I wish you would send some of your rain down our way. We haven't had rain in a very long time, and it's hotter than Hades, so the garden is protesting. Every afternoon the clouds gather, the thunder rumbles, and then nothing.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:09 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I wish you would send some of your rain down our way. We haven't had rain in a very long time, and it's hotter than Hades, so the garden is protesting. Every afternoon the clouds gather, the thunder rumbles, and then nothing.
That is what typically goes on in my neck of the woods! This is craziness!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:11 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
That is what typically goes on in my neck of the woods! This is craziness!
I don't know what you got last night, but it was like nothing I have ever seen here! the clouds lit up constantly for well over an hour, on all sides, and the thunder was continuous.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I don't know what you got last night, but it was like nothing I have ever seen here! the clouds lit up constantly for well over an hour, on all sides, and the thunder was continuous.

We did get that - I was reading in bed and could see the flashes through the window. DS came home and said it was amazing looking outside. We did get end up getting more rain. I don't know what time. I had to get up and shut the windows at some point and then reopen them later on....looks like another humid day too. Yech. DS mowed on Tuesday (I think) and it is already looking long again!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:45 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Oh, I love Taggart! I'm with DS - I'd move to Eureka in a heartbeat.

I'm flying solo with DS (aka Mr. Sleep Deprivation) while DH is out of town, so I haven't had a chance to catch up on last night's shows yet. I thought Alphas looked good from the previews - did it start last night? We're also big Warehouse 13 fans - Artie reminds me of my grad school mentor.
It's the third piece of Monday's lineup, after Warehouse 13.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Ok, you can all go ahead and make fun of me for watching Jeopardy now. It's become like a tradition in our house - it kind of marks the changeover from day to night, IYKWIM. That's my excuse, anyway.
Not at all! Alex Trebec rocks.

Quote:
Thanks for the support everyone - I was kind of losing it last night!

And not to worry - we watch Jeopardy, too....DH and I managed to miss the test to get on the show this year but hopefully next year. I think it would be a neat experience, if I managed not to get stage fright
I'd be the one forgetting to phrase things as a question.

Quote:
Ugh - the sleep thing is killing me - I don't think it's a defiant thing, I think DS had a lot of life changes (including sort of dropping the nap) and it's messing with his normal sleep routine. Although he does get points for perseverance - he goes to bed by 8 every night, and can manage to entertain himself for 3 to 4 hours! I just worry that 3 months of sleep deprivation are going to take a toll on his health - it certainly has on his mood!
My youngest (who are 13) still have a nine o'clock bedtime, though I don't think they actually go to sleep then. I know dd doesn't; she doesn't sleep more than about seven hours a night. Ever. Never slept as a baby, either, and let me tell you that is exhausting. At least now I know she's in her room either reading, drawing, or playing with her DS, and (most importantly) not chattering nonstop to me.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Seriously disgusting - I had to look it up when we moved here a few years ago; also referred to as "dog vomit mold" for its appearance. *shivers with the grossness of it*
Oh, I've heard of that! Okay, so I heard of it from an episode of Bones (IIRC it was covering a murder victim and Hodgins found a bedbug in it), but I still should get part credit...

signed,
Aconite the Geek TV fan

Old 07-14-2011, 09:03 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Oh, I've heard of that! Okay, so I heard of it from an episode of Bones (IIRC it was covering a murder victim and Hodgins found a bedbug in it), but I still should get part credit...

signed,
Aconite the Geek TV fan
Aconite - we loves Bones. And Warehouse 13 - in the queue waiting to be watched.

Have to admit - never heard of Eureka. I'll have to go see if Hulu has it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting